0 comments

Drama Christian Inspirational

"I'm lost, Trevor. I don't know what we're going to do! How are we ever going to find a donor in time for my transplant?" Sharon asks in hopes of a miracle. "I know this is easier said than done, Sharon. You need to relax and stay calm for your health as we wait for a donor. When a donor comes along and the doctor says they're a match, you'll be on your way to getting a new kidney. We just got to have faith, honey." Trevor, Sharon's husband responded with reassurance. "I just hope it all happens before my kidney decides to give up on me and I'm no longer here on this earth." Sharon said as she nervously twirls her fingers with tears streaming down her face. "Don't talk like that, honey. Everything will be just fine." Trevor responded, as he grabs Sharon's hand and began to caress it slowly and gently. Never, in a million years, had Trevor ever thought about losing his wife to a terrible illness. One thing is for sure, he wasn't going to let it ruin their spirits. The drive back home from the doctors appointment was a silent and crushing moment. No words were spoken and if tears could make any sound, they would be really loud. Once the Princetons pull in the driveway of their lovely Victorian home, Sharon immediately went to her room. The only thought that was stuck in her mind was finding a donor that would donate their kidney to her. Sharon just laid in her bed holding a pillow to her chest as tears kept flowing out. "Honey, I made us some sandwiches for lunch. I hope you're hungry!" Trevor announces excitingly as he walks into the bedroom carrying a tray that holds a turkey club sandwich, plain potato chips, a bowl of mixed fruit, and a bottle of water. He notices that Sharon is still crying. He places the tray of lunch on the dresser next to the bed and sits beside Sharon. "I wish I had the right words to say or to do something to make this all better, honey. Even though we have to wait in hopes of a donor, the doctor said that we still need to make sure you're taking care of yourself to not further complicate things. Let's have faith and still show that you can be strong through this. You are a strong woman, Sharon." Trevor said in encouragement as he rubs Sharon's back softly. "You really think I'm strong? Nobody has ever said that to me." Sharon asks with a curious look. "Yes, honey. You've been strong ever since we found out about your kidney failure from the doctor. No matter what had to be done to get yor kidney back in good shape, you made sure to not miss a beat. That takes guts, Sharon. Not everyone can be strong through a dire situation like you have. All we need to do now, is keep that strength going and have faith that we will get through this phase." Trevor reassured Sharon as she leaned into his arms. "You're right, I wasn't going to let my condition get worse cause I want to live for you and our family. I definitely don't want the kids to worry about me. Thank you for giving me this talk, baby. I appreciate you." Sharon said then proceeded to give her husband a kiss. "You're welcome, honey. You don't have to thank me. It's my job, as your husband, to make sure you feel safe and comfortable." Trevor responded. "It's time to eat now. I'm getting hungry and you need to make sure you get some food on your stomach." Trevor says as he hands Sharon her tray of lunch. "Thank you, baby. It looks and smells delicious!" Sharon says with a smile. They ate their lunch, then Sharon laid down for a nap while Trevor left to go visit his friend, Marcus. 

Marcus has been best friends with Trevor since they were in elementary school and through college. "Great to see you, Trev! I started to think you wasn't going to show up." Marcus greets Trevor with a handshake. "You know it's always wonderful to see you, bud. To be honest, today has been a long and sad day. I don't know how Sharon and I will get through this." Trevor answered as he lowered his head into his palms. "Hey, take it easy man. You know you can always let me know what's going on and if you need anything." Marcus says with a worried look as he made two glasses of bourbon on the rocks. He walks over to where Trevor was sitting and offers him one of the glasses of bourbon. "Thank you so much, bud. I really can use this right now. I went with Sharon to her doctors appointment for her kidney checkup. To make a long story short, the doctor told us that Sharon has started having some complications and will need a kidney transplant in the next 2 to 3 months. That means she only has 3 months left to live! What am I going to do? I don't want to lose my wife, man!" Trevor says as tears pour out and down his cheeks. "Oh gosh, man! I didn't know. I'm so sorry to hear this happening to both of you. What happens next?" Marcus asks as tears start streaming down his face. "There's nothing we can do but wait for a donor, that's a match, to donate their kidney to her. In the meantime, we keep working hard to keep her healthy. I feel like I might end up losing my mind if I lose her." Trevor responds as he takes a sip of bourbon. "It's ok man, everything is going to be fine. You're not going to lose Sharon nor your mind. We got to stay strong, Trev. It will all work out, I promise." Marcus assures Trevor as he gives him a pat on the back. "Thanks, Man. I don't know what I'd do if I didn't have my best friend in my life." Trevor says with a smile. "Don't mention it. You know I always got your back." Marcus responds then turns the television on and they began watching the sports channel. 

Back at the Princeton's Victorian home, Sharon awakes from her nap, takes a shower, and gets dressed. She grabs her phone and calls her mom. "Mom, are you busy? I really need to see you right now. Can I come over?" Sharon asks eagerly, ready to walk out the door. "Sure, hun. Is everything alright, sweetheart?" Debbie asks worried that her daughter might be in some kind of danger. "I dont want to talk about it over the phone. I'll be on my way, mom. I'll tell you the details when I get there." Sharon replies as she grabs her keys, walks out the door, and hops in her car. As she arrives at her parent's house, her mom is standing on her porch waiting for her to show up. "I'm so glad to see you, sweetheart. Come on in, your dad is in the living room watching his sports. You know how that goes." Debbie mentions as she ushers Sharon through the front door. "Hey, dad! Long time, no see. It's great to see you." Sharon greets her dad with a huge smile. "Well, look what the cat drug in. Sharon, my daughter! What a lovely surprise. I'm happy you're here to see your old man, today. How are things going for you?" Frank asks excited to see his daughter after 2 years. "Actually, that's why I'm here. I have some news to tell you both." Sharon states while looking down at the floor. "Well what is it, hun? You got me worried." Debbie asks anxious to know what news her daughter has to tell them. "I went to my appointment with Dr. Proctor this morning. He did my kidney checkup and he noticed that I had some legions forming that are causing my kidney to not operate properly. Dr. Proctor said the only way to treat this is to get a kidney transplant. He said I have two to three months to have it done. I'm on the waitlist to find a donor but that could take years. I dont know what to do Mom...Dad!" Sharon said as she bursts into tears. "Oh, no! I'm so sorry that you had to receive such news, sweetheart. I'm at a lost of words. I dont want to lose you hun!" Debbie cries and hugs Sharon tight. "No, not my Sharon! I'm so sorry pumpkin. I wish I knew what to do. Maybe, your mom and I could go get tested to see if we're a match. One of us may be a match to give you a kidney." Frank mentions eager to call Sharon's doctor to set up an appointment. "You dont have to do that, Dad. I dont want you or mom sacrificing your organs for me. I dont want to burden you both with my problems." Sharon insisted. "You're never a burden and don't you forget that. We'll figure something out, pumpkin. God willing." Frank says as he hugs his daughter and holds her tight along with Debbie. 

Sharon realizes she still needs to break the news to her big brother Charles. She grabs her phone and dails her brother's number. "How's it going baby sis! I'm always happy to hear from you." Charles answers excited to receive a call from his sister. "Not to well, Charlie. I got something to tell you." Sharon said in disappointment. "You don't sound too good. What's going on, sis?" Charles asks afraid of what he was about to find out. "I saw the doctor today for my kidney checkup. Basically, I need a kidney transplant and I only got two to three months to live, Charlie." Sharon responds drained and almost out of tears. "What do you mean only two to three months? Certainly the doctor can do something. Maybe we can do something sis. I can donate my kidney to you if that's all it takes. Just don't leave me!" Charles cries out in desperation. "It's not that easy, Charlie. They have to test you to see if you are a match, if so, then you can donate your kidney. Until then, I have no choice but to wait." Sharon explained. "I don't care what it takes, little sis. You will get a new kidney. I promise." Charles stated before he hung his phone up.

Two weeks later...

"Thank you for your patience, Mr. Billipsie, as we wait for your results to arrive back. We have received them and if you don't mind, please step into my office so we can go over the details." Dr. Proctor announced as he led the way to his office. "Sure, no problem doctor." Mr. Billipsie responded as he followed the doctor's lead. "I have wonderful news for you, Mr. Billipsie! The results show that you are a match and will be able to donate your kidney to the patient you told me you want to help." Dr. Proctor said with a smile as he showed the results. "Wow! That is great news. I'm glad that I'll be able to help this patient live. What are the odds in this happening?" Mr. Billipsie responded in amazement. "Well, all that needs to be done now is to get your signature stating that you agree to donate your kidney to the patient and we'll be finished here." Dr. Proctor said. He sat the form in front of Mr. Billipsie and handed him a pen. There was a silence that suddenly filled the room as Mr. Billipsie grabbed the pen. He paused for a moment, in hesitation, as if he was afraid he was about to make a mistake. The thought of having to witness his mom go through the same thing when he was a child made him realize that, although he would be helping the patient out, he would also be doing it in honor of his mom. That feeling made him proud. Mr. Billipsie signed the form and handed the pen back to Dr. Proctor. "Very well, Mr. Billipsie. I really thank you for stepping up to the plate and doing an honorable thing. It's hard to find donors that are willing to sacrifice their organs to help save a life." Dr. Proctor said as he stood up and opened the door of his office. "I know that this is what I need to do, not only to help that patient in need but to also pay tribute to my mom." Mr. Billipsie responded as he stood up and walked over to the door. "Your mom will be very proud of your decision and bravery. In two months we will do the procedure. Make sure to not eat anything before arriving to your appointment. Enjoy the rest of your weekend and we'll see you in two months to get the ball rolling." Dr. Proctor told Mr. Billipsie as they shook hands. " Thank you doctor. I'll be here bright and early that morning. You have a wonderful day doctor." Mr. Billipsie said then he walked out of Dr. Proctor's office and drove home. 

Sharon was startled when her phone began to ring. She was in the middle of eating dinner with Trevor. "Hello, Mes. Princeton speaking?" Sharon answered. "How are you doing, Mrs. Princeton? Do you have 5 minutes to spare? I have some great news to tell you." Dr. Proctor asked with excitement in his voice. "Sure, what's the news, doctor?" Sharon replied confused by the doctor's excitement. "We have a found donor that's a match, which means you will get your kidney transplant. Isn't that wonderful, Mrs. Princeton?" Dr. Proctor asked hopeful that Sharom would be excited. "Are you serious? How did this happen? Thank you so much! You dont know how happy and relieved I am right now." Sharon said as tears flowed down her cheeks. Trevor was sitting at the dinner table across from Sharon and noticed her crying. "What's wrong, Honey? Did something happen?" Trevor asked with a concerned look. "The doctor just called with great news. I'm getting a new kidney! What a wonderful blessing!" Sharon stated as she sat on her husband's lap and gave him a kiss. "Wow, that is a miracle, hun! We should call this dinner a celebration." Trevor grabbed Sharon's hands and began to dance and twirl her around in happiness. 

Two months later...

"Today is the big day, Honey! Are you ready to have your new kidney?" Trevor asked as he sat next to Sharon in her room of the hospital. "Yes, baby. I'm excited. I'm also curious as to who my donor is. I wish there was a way that I could personally thank them." Sharon responded as she twirled her fingers anxiously. "I know, Honey. You know the doctor said that the donor wants to remain anonymous. We have to respect the donor's wishes and just be thankful that you get a second chance at life." Trevor assured his wife then kissed her forehead. "You're right, baby. I'm forever grateful for this miracle." Sharon stated as she held her husband's hand. 

"How's everything going for you, Mr. Billipsie? It's almost time to start the operation." Dr. Proctor announced as he walks into the hospital room. "Everything is going just fine, doctor. Thanks for asking." Mr. Billipsie responded as he laid back patiently in the hospital bed. "Great! All that's left for you to do is sign this form granting my team and I permission to perform this operation. Then, we can get started. Please, sign here." Dr. Proctor hands Mr. Billipsie a pen and held the form for him to sign. Mr. Billipsie took a deep breath and let out a sigh. He took the pen and signs his full name on the bottom line: Marcus Billipsie. "You're positive I will stay anonymous throughout all of this, doctor? I just want this to stay between God and I." Marcus asked as he hands the pen back. "Yes, Mr. Billipsie. I'm sure you will remain anonymous. No one will find out about this. Don't worry. You're doing a great deed." Dr. Proctor replied as he signals his team to take Marcus Billipsie to the surgery room to get ready to start the operation. 

April 28, 2023 21:29

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.