"Take your final bow"

Written in response to: Start your story looking down from a stage.... view prompt

0 comments

Crime Drama Horror

This story contains sensitive content

Warnings: Blood,Violence,Murder))


Ace smiled sitting on the large stage swaying their legs, pushing their red hair out of their eyesight looking over a script for the musical that was in a couple days. The musical was the musical "A dream for you and me" about two souls lost in a dream like state and must help each other escape from nightmares and terrors that await them. Ace grinned checking some things over after scoring one of the lead roles as Alex, a young character from england with a passion for art and the outdoors while the other was a person interested in music and farming named Lewis.


"Ace!" They flinched quickly catching themselves from falling off the edge of the stage and looked behind them, there stood Caitlin. Her brunette dyed hair was draw back in a ponytail with her red jacket wrapped around her waist showing her pinkish purple sweater "How could you!?" The girl snapped walking over to them poking them on the forehead. "What did I do?..." Ace muttered removing a earbud looking up at her staring at her blue ocean eyes and peach skin with a couple freckles here and there.


"Are you a idiot!? I wanted that part.." Caitlin huffed pushing them but Ace once again caught themself "I..well.." They tried to find a excuse but failed while Caitlin continued to snap at them about the part and how she was to always were to get the main roles in these. "You got the last one as Angelica from Hamilton..so I thought I wanted to give it a try" They smiled with a hesitant laugh before getting shoved and landed hard on their back coughing as the air was knocked out of them. "Watch your back you hear me.." Caitlin huffed and walked off taking her bag.


The night of the performance came around 10pm as people gathered into the theater to watch, Ace watched around the cuiturn and smiled as the seats filled up with tons of folks. "Good luck" They turned as Walter, the other who was granted the second main role smiled hugging onto them, both having been friends since childhood. Walter turned and waved racing off to finish his costume and other small things while the introduction was bieging to start, Ace sighed and leaned against the wall fixing themselves up . "Hey Cait good luck" They whispered but the girl walked off while Ace hurried onto stage.


"Mother I'm home!' They called quickly getting into their character, holding some books and a bucket with cloth inside. Their mother played by Caitlin walked out with a forced grin "Hello dear.." She faked the cheerful attitude as the scene went by with Ace speaking on how they finished new paintings then would head to bed. They smiled sitting on the bed placing their paint canisters away under the bed for another time and went to bed, laying on their side...if only they had seen the signs, as the musical began to reach the ending, Ace stood besides Walter both finishing their last duet song with each other about finally being free from their dreams. Caitlin narrowed her eyes from around the curtain as the song finally ended. Ace's and Walter's character were set free from their worries as the curtain was about to lower and end the performance.


"Wait!"


The two turned as Caitlin walked out onto stage wearing her costume, everyone in the crowd was silent thinking this was another part of the show.. "What are you doing?" Walter whispered with concern filled eyes as Ace stepped back gripping his hand in fear with a gulp. "This was my show!" Caitlin yelled as people finally realized this wasn't a part at all...Ace backed up more with Walter being dragged along to the other side of the stage. The director yelled for Caitlin to get off the stage before a loud BANG echoed through the theater...The director collapsing in a puddle of scarlet, folks screamed as they hurried out the doors. Walter stood in front of Ace listening to their hard breaths "Put it down Caitlin.." He shook trying to calm her down. Caitlin laughed shaking her head as she raised the gun that belonged to her father, hading pointed to it when the three would play as children and snuck into the bedroom to grab some papers.


Bang! Another fire...Walter coughed and held his stomach seeing the red seep through his costume and fell "Ace run!.." He yelled as the other ran deeper into the theater hoping to reach the back doors, lights flickering off and on as they ran hearing the faint police sirens outside..Ace screamed as they tripped from some lose wires and tried to stand before seeing Caitlin standing over with the weapon "Time for the curtain to close.." She smirked as Ace pleaded before letting out a cut off scream.


"Grab her!" Police swarmed in grabbing Caitlin and led her outside with Walter on a stretcher, another coming out with Ace..Sadly one curtain was closed. Walter was sent home after a couple days in the hospital shaking and unable to sleep.


Whenever it was 10pm he stared at the wall muttering his lines that he said to Ace's character and to them when they were still around and running around like children, dropping the script on the floor and drifted off to sleep with tear stained cheeks.


Lewis:-My dearest Alex..we may not know each other outside of our dreams..but I hope and I shall pray! That we meet each other one day outside of these dangers and adventures, I leave behind a great journey with you and your kind heart hoping you leave yours with me so we may never forget each other...-


Alex:-Of course..I leave my heart and bravery here with you my friend and hope that one day it will guide you back to me, don't forget about me will you? It was really fun here with you Le! Maybe if we do meet we can have more adventures out there! Wouldn't that be great!?-


Lewis:-Yeah...yea it would! Sweet dreams for now my angel...-

December 03, 2021 19:48

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.