0 comments

Drama Fiction Romance

Moumita Chatterjee an artist move to Mumbai from Kolkata. She belongs to a very rich family but her family is very conservative. Her father always wanted her to be a doctor and did not like her being an artist. But she never listens to her parents. At first, her father was against her moving to Mumbai so she eloped from home to gain fame as an artist. Later over the phone, she is able to convince her father to become an artist. Today she is a well-established artist but her success has a long story. Suddenly the doorbell rings and Moumita goes to open it and sees a man who makes her unconscious and takes her somewhere.  After a few hours, the car reaches its destination.  As soon as Moumita opens her eyes it is a shadow and from the shadow comes a handsome man. He stares at her intensely. A few years ago, Abhik Sen a doctor shifted to the apartment opposite Moumita. He is a married man but is childless. He loves his wife dearly who is a doctor too. But one day Abhik finds out that his wife is pregnant. He was very happy that day so he distributed sweets to everyone and as Moumita was at the opposite apartment he came to her too and distributed two sweets to her. But unfortunately, he discovers that the child whom his wife carrying is not his child. Feeling hurtbreaks Abhik drank heavily that day. In the twilight time, it was raining so there were shadows everywhere. and Moumita was going to her night art class which she recently started to earn extra money.  After sometimes Abhik and Moumita came face to face but couldn’t see each other’s faces. Suddenly, Abhik hugs her and forcefully makes love with her as he loses control. Moumita was shocked and numb she had no idea what to do. But as the dawn comes he feels guilty and she runs away closes the door and cries as much as she can. From next day both Moumita and Abhik ignore each other as if they don’t know each other. After a few days, she saw that Abhik and his wife had moved out of their apartment. Moumita was shocked to find out Abhik after so many years in front and in the form of a kidnapper. But she stays silent that day. He simply touched her cheek and kissed her forehead.  But he didn’t utter a single word. Abhik looks like a more mature person now.  Moumita is wondering why he kidnaps her if he doesn’t want to do any harm to her. Abhik takes a drink sits in a fireplace and thinks about how he became like this. It all starts after Abhik and his wife shift to Japan. After Abhik discovers that his wife has an affair with another man. The place was isolated and he took a rented home. Later, he buys a property. He was aboard the baby his wife was carrying. After this incident, his wife stopped talking to him. Abhik starts drinking more now.  But fate has written something else for him. After a few years one night while he was returning from work he saw that his wife was with a man in their bed Out of rage he sliced them through. The next day, he dumped their bodies in a pond nearby. After killing his wife and her new boyfriend he comes back to the apartment but decides to hide his identity. So, the next day he goes to a make-up artist and change his appearance and always follows Moumita and always sees her in the dawn when she returns from her night class while he goes to his work again they cross path while he is returning and she was about to go in the dusk. But he never speaks to her. Moumita is in horror when she realizes that he has killed his wife. Out of scares, she remains silent. After 3 days of her kidnap, Abhik proposes to marry him. At first, she is about to refuse but out of fear she accepts his proposal.  On their first night, Abhik made love to Moumita till dawn.  But Moumita is a career-oriented and free-spirited girl. The next day, she calls the police and says everything about Abhik, and the police arrest him. She finds herself free from the clutches of Abhik and returns back to her apartment and then to her art class.  Prachi completes her story and goes to her office. Prachi Sharma, a banker who is also a writer is trying her luck to publish a book of her own. She is taking terms with many publishers but no one is interested in her stories today she is thinking of writing a last story and decided to quit her writing after submitting this story for one last time.  Soon by evening, she returns to her apartment exhausted after freshening up and having a cup of coffee. She sits on the laptop and posts it to the publisher closes her laptop and calls it a night as she is tired and the next day again she has to go to work.  After a few days, Prachi gets an email from her publisher that her story has become a grand success and everybody loves it. Soon a reporter comes to her for an interview. Prachi is overwhelmed by her success and decides to continue her writing. Soon, she becomes a super successful writer and also gets a chance in script writing for Bollywood films and serials. She left her bank job and earned a huge amount from her stories. She started writing novels and became a famous face in the field of writing. She gets lots of fans. Today, she is a famous name and Prachi receives lots of awards. Although, the story of Moumita remains a little bit suspenseful but its a wonderful short story of Prachi. Prachi marries her childhood friend who happens to be a doctor who supports her writing and encourages her efforts. After a few years, even her son joined her hand in writing and both Prachi and her son wrote several stories and scripts and earned a huge amount.

November 17, 2023 17:54

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.