2 comments

Fiction Friendship Inspirational

Rio, a 26-year-old, spends most of his time with his friends now.

Rio was the son of the richest businessman in the States.

An unfortunate event took place in the life of Rio, both of his parents died in a plane crash, all the money and properties belonged to him now.

But Rio being a brat spends all of his money on his friends and himself, enjoying, partying to their fullest. All of them live in Rio’s large mansion.

But One day, Rio gets this feeling, a feeling, a bad feeling?

He and his friends will die, but why and how?

Rio tells his friends about his bad feeling but all of them said, “It’s just a feeling, we don’t have to worry about this.”

Later that day, Rio and all of his friends decided to roam around the city.

When they returned after spending some time outside, they found a notice on the door.

The notice was that Rio had to vacate the mansion or pay 70 billion in 7 days.

One of his friends said, “I think, it is just a joke.”

Other friends said, “Yeah, yeah, don’t worry Rio, we also think it is just a joke.”

Rio replied, “What if, it’s not a joke, what if this is about my feeling.”

Other friends replied, “This has nothing to do with your feeling.”

Let’s wait for one day, if a government official comes, we will ask him about this.

Rio had a bad feeling and what if the notice is the reason for the final outcome – “DEATH OF RIO AND HIS FRIENDS”

THE NEXT DAY,

Rio woke up from his sleep early today, he couldn’t sleep all night due to the notice and his thoughts didn’t let him sleep.

What would happen if he dies?

What would happen if his friends die?

All these thoughts didn’t let him sleep.

He was (thinking to himself), when his doorbell rang, Rio went to the door to respond to the person who rang the doorbell.

The person who rang the doorbell was a Government Official and he gave Rio another notice, “Vacate the mansion or Pay 70 billion in 5 days.”

“5 days, are you out of your mind,” Rio shouted

Is this even possible?

The Government official replied, “Yes, it’s possible, you are the son of the richest businessman in the States, you can pay 70 billion dollars in 1 day if you have the key of the second bank account that your father had.”

“Key of the second bank account,”

“What do you mean by that?” replied Rio.

The Government Official went away without replying to this question.

Rio told all of this to his friends, and thought to himself, “This is what I feared.”

After spending most of his father’s money, he was now left with 5 billion dollars in his father’s account and 3.5 billion in his mother’s account.

Rio’s friends said, “How can you collect 62.5 billion in 5 days and also what’s the key that the Government official was talking about?”

Rio replied, “I don’t know, my father never told me about that key?”

Let’s search the house for that key or any clue.

After searching the whole house for more than 3 hours, they couldn't find the key or any clue related to the key.

One of the friends said, " What should we do now?"

We couldn't find the key or any other clue related to your father's bank account.

How will we pay 70 billion to that government official in 5 days?

Should we vacate the mansion?

Rio said, "I don't think vacating the mansion is an option."

Other friends said, " Why ?"

Rio replied, " This is one of the precious things that belonged to my parents, I will never vacate this mansion."

Rio continued, "We need to do something so that we can pay 70 billion to that Government Official."

Friends replied, "What can we do?"

Rio replied, " Do you guys remember that three days back there was news about a wealthy businessman who was arrested and was willing to pay anything to the individuals who will set him free?"

Hey, are you out of your mind, we can't possibly do that.

Rio replied, "If we want to live like we used to live partying, enjoying to our fullest, we really need to take this chance."

One of the friends replied, "It's not a chance, Rio, we can die if we do this."

Rio said, " We have to take this chance."

In the next 4 days, we will do everything we can in order to free the wealthy businessman so that we can demand any amount that we want.

All the friends agreed to do everything that they can do and thus help their friend who was doing everything for them for the previous three years.

AFTER 4 DAYS

All of them reached the police headquarters where the wealthy businessman was being held.

In the previous 4 days, they had done everything and known everything about the building and how they will enter and exit the building.

Everything was ready, now it was time for executing the plan.

At the same time, a Van stopped near the headquarters and five men with black jackets got down from the car.

In their hands, five big bags, and they entered the police headquarters.

Rio and his friends who were standing there also saw this.

Rio said, " Do you guys think those guys who entered the police headquarters are also here to free that wealthy businessman?"

Friends replied, " Yeah, I think there can be more who will try to free that wealthy businessman as he is willing to pay any amount to the one who will free him."

Rio said, " So we need to reach that wealthy businessman before the other guys reach him."

Let's execute our plan now.

Rio (thinking to himself) "This is going to be a troublesome situation now and what if my feeling becomes true here."

All the friends went into the police headquarters, as they had planned.

Other friends replied, " Wait for our call, Rio."

Rio waited outside and waited for the call.

Suddenly there was a bomb blast in the lower wing of the police headquarters.

The communication signals stopped working.

Rio (thinking to himself), " What now, I can't communicate with my friends now."

I need to go inside now.

When he went inside, he saw that all the policemen on the 1st floor were dead, but there was a familiar face.

Rio said, " Hey, hey, Wake Up."

One of his friends was dead.

I guess my feeling, the bad feeling which I was getting that day is starting to haunt me.

Another Bomb blast in the left-wing, Rio called out for his friends and started running towards the left-wing but before he could reach the left wing, he saw two familiar faces again.

Rio said, "Hey, Hey, wake up."

Two of his friends were dead.

Three of his friends were dead in less than 1 hour.

"Why God, Why, Why is this happening to me?" Reo furiously shouted and slammed the door of the office.

June 17, 2021 09:50

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

2 comments

Varun Balodi
01:17 Jun 24, 2021

Hey, you took the classic Final Destination route with the prompt and the story still works because of the concept you chose! It is really cool to see something like this overdone trope still feel new. Try joining more paragraphs together to make longer, more sophisticated ones. While not necessary, they make your writing much better most of the time. And connect all of the dialogue of one character in one single quotation. This will also help you immensely! I'm following you and I really hope to see more good stories from your side next ...

Reply

Jatin Zadoo
12:32 Jun 25, 2021

Thank you for the reply. I will try to do that.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.