3 comments

Inspirational Contemporary Horror

It feels kind of creepy. 

There are no lights here. I turned to the left of the street that was illuminating with total darkness. But I have to go.There is no way I am gonna stay here. With this decision I walked towards the dark street. I could hear the sound of my footsteps. I heard them clearly, just like clicking, hard and fast moving. My shoulders were feeling heavy. I kept on walking down the road I chose.

As I walked further, I started seeing faint shadows. 

'Excuse me.'

No one answered 

I was a little scared but I continued going ahead. Now I also started hearing some faint voices.

'Who goes there?' I asked aloud.

No one answered 

I shivered slightly. Cold sweat started to trickle down my spine as I walked further the road. 

My mind was now on full alert. I looked around a bit and realized that I have lost my way!!!

My heart sunk. 

As I realized this, I heard an ear piercing sound behind my back that almost numbed my ears. I was jammed at the spot. My legs were trembling from indescribable fear. I wanted to badly turn around but did not have the guts. What if it was more horrible than I thought. What if I was not able to run. As these thoughts ran in my mind my body started shaking intensely. I started to run at the top of my speed. I didn't dare to take a breath for even a second. My throat was running dry. My brain had already gone in a mess. 

I kept on running mindlessly. I didn't know how much I ran. But certainly it wasn't short. 

I ran out of breath and fell down. I hadn't given up yet but before I could try, I lost my consciousness. 

My mind was blank. I slowly reorganized my thoughts. I clearly remember that I was running and ended up falling in darkness. I wasn't able to open my eyes. My arms and legs hurt like hell. My lips were parched and throat dry. I was feeling very thirsty. I asked for water only to realize I wasn't able to speak. I tried to decipher my surroundings. It seemed like I was lying on something which was very comfortable just like a comfy bed. There was no light. 

Click

There was the sound of opening the door. I heard clear faint voices. One of them was of a woman which I kind of found familiar but wasn't able to remember. 

The female voice next to me did some operations and exclaimed joyfully and ran out shouting," miracle, miracle " I wasn't able to hear her more as her voice faded. Next I heard more than one footsteps coming towards me. 

One of them came closer to me and did similar operations which took a longer time. I clearly felt something penetrating the back of my right hand which felt like someone was pinching me. It was a good feeling as I could at least feel on my skin. But the feeling was not long lasting. Soon my whole body got numb. And once again I plunged into darkness. It took a long time before I once again asked for water. At this time there was someone who was attending to me. As soon as I got a sip of water I drank greedily. But soon the water was taken away. 

I opened my eyes trying to see the source. Soon I saw it all. Everything was weird around me. I lay on a single bed covered neatly with white sheets. I had a needle in my arm and a bottle was hanging on my right side. I also saw a lot of things which seemed both familiar and unfamiliar. 

"Good morning sir." The lady said with a slight smile. 

She continued, " how are you feeling sir? I had called for the doctor. He will be here in no time. Get well soon sir."

Indeed, the doctor came as she finished her sentence. 

The doctor said, "you were in a coma for seven years. You-

"Seven years!! Oh my Goodness!"

I was shocked. The doctor also paused for a while and gave me the time to understand. 

"You got a serious brain injury and went into vegetative state. You have just woken up now. Rest well. Do some exercises and nurse yourself back to health. Congrats on the first step of recovery. " he continued. 

After saying all this he went out and the nurse followed along. 

Now I was a bit more conscious. 

I followed the routine planned by my doctor and gradually realized that I seem to have no memory of how I ended up here or anything else. I was not able to do anything. But one thing I clearly realized that I could only get to somewhere if I nurse my body to have some health from Malnourished one.

One day an old man came to visit me. He cannot be more familiar than he was to me. But something has changed in the past seven years. His face was stern and seemed like a lot of heavy responsibility was weighing on his shoulders. He was my dad. 

"Let's go home" he said as he sighed.

I was more than willing to leave the so called place called the hospital and so I went along with him. 

As I got out my eyes contracted a bit. Seeing light after so long, my eyes cannot immediately adjust to it. But my heart was in glee as if I was free. 

I was free from darkness.

I was free from that fear which struck me to the very core.

I was free from loneliness.

It was long but time gradually healed me and brought me from the dark world made by myself to light of the day. 

My heart was now light as a feather.

From that day onwards I woke up early in the morning greeting the beautiful sunrise.


May 07, 2021 16:06

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

3 comments

Mannat Khurana
04:05 May 10, 2021

👏🏻❤️❤️

Reply

Show 0 replies
JASMIN KAUR
18:03 May 09, 2021

👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻❤️

Reply

Show 0 replies
Prakhar Sharma
17:57 May 09, 2021

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Reply

Show 0 replies
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.