0 comments

Contemporary Happy Inspirational

 Hope Grows

Welcome to the fifth meeting of the Stepping Stones Club and to our guest speaker Tibetan Sister Duc Huu., She has had many wonderful experiences in creating a new cure for cancer which is based entirely on eating mushrooms. But also she has strong opinions on the existence of intelligent life in outer space based on her own experience while meditating in a mountain cave in Tibet. Here she is.

Sister Huu smiles and says "I am blessed to be with you today and I bring you good news of the enlightenment with which I have been gifted while meditating in a cave belonging to my monastery on Mount Kunlun in Tibet. I had gone to the cave for a three-week retreat and had brought three jars of cooked rice to keep me nourished while there. One day a goose flew into my cave and spilled one whole jar all over the ground. I had planned to stay another week but now thanks to goosey I was down to a one-day supply and so I was planning to cut my retreat short and go home. I used to wake up at dawn every day to watch geese fly by at sunrise. The very next day after the spillage and I was surprised to find a spacecraft had landed in an area near the cave entrance. One of its crew asked me how was I doing for food and I told him I was running short. The craft departed and that night I ate the last of the food in my last jar and slept. When I woke up I found that the jar had been filled with food."

"How did you speak to them?"

"I did not speak, I just knew what they were thinking and I just answered with my thought. We were just exchanging images! mental pictures."

"Wow, thank you, sister Duc Huu, that's a wonderful story."

"It's lovely to be here with the Stepping Stones today!" smiled Sister Duc.

"Thank You Sister and now ladies and gentlemen it is time for us to have a lunch break and remember let's finish all our plates and leave them empty because we might get them filled again today, or next week",

Excitedly. Gina got her phone out and said" Jimmy! I think there is hope for us. Meet me in 20 mins at home". 

"Gina! Who are you calling?"

"No one," said Gina, "I am just practicing talking to the crew of a  spacecraft"

Gina continued and then repeated to herself the amount of money she needed.

The monk nun came up to her and said "You do not need any words today, just send images to them of what you want. My experience was it comes in that form"

Gina headed back home all the time running through in her mind what she wanted.

Meanwhile, in the Conference room of the All-Domain Anomaly Resolution Office (ADARO) where its Monday public open meeting was in full swing, General Arnold Ranchmullen was lecturing everyone. "The American people deserve to know what is happening in our skies. It is long overdue. Here's the news.. An alien craft landed in Oregon. Its crew members were injured during their flight around Earth. We could not repair their craft so they are resident with us now."

When Ginny met Jimmy at their house she said

"Jimmy, I feel hopeful that something good is going to happen to us today"

"Like what?

"that we will be given a gift by the universe"

"a what?"

"a gift"

"Oh come on and how is that going to happen?"

"It will arrive in an alien spacecraft and the crew of the spacecraft will give us a blank check with their signature for a bank"

"but they don't have an account with an earthly bank"

"well they are smart and could easily have opened one through a secret connection with our money supply"

"How much do you think they might give us" asked Jimmy with a sigh

"well you need $300 to replace the fuel injection system in your old car and we could do with another $900 to get us through Thanksgiving, so let's say we need a check for $ 1200".  

"Ok say you think a flying saucer is going to land and we will have one of them get out and hand us a check for $1200"

"Yup, I know it is on the way"

"You know Gina, I think you should get your head examined"

"Why? Haven't you heard that there are aliens living on earth now and that they are friendly to us?"

"Friendly?"

"Yes, I read an interview published in the New Yorker where one of the two aliens said that she believes we all should help one another. Because they are more advanced than we are they want to help us get over all our problems. Yes and she said they helped the Aztec people when they got into trouble with their farms"

"How?"

"By pointing out to them where the best land was away from negative energy in the earth was"

"Ok, so how do we contact them?"

"We get together in a meditation outside the community center where the Stepping Stones meeting was today and just say "we know you can do it, we need the money, and if you come to us we will be friendly to you."

"and where are they going to land?"

"Let them work that out, they can fine-tune their own delivery of the things we ask for"

"ok so let's go there and sit down together".

The Stepping Stones club had been started in the village community center and was attracting a lot of attention from villagers who were delighted to have a venue to express happiness. Their newsletter Happiness Tidbits published stories about happy endings to stories about boredom in village life. 

Ginny and Jimmy went back to the Community Center and sat down on a rock together. All the others joined them and together they looked up at the sky and together said "HElP US Friendly FOLKers! come here we need money and we would be grateful for a check for $1200"

And Zak added; "you can come in any shape or form you want to, we will not be scared even if ye come in a pancake-shaped craft."

Ginny said"wait! Before we start our meditation I have an idea! I like that story about how the jar filled up with food after the spacecraft and its crew left, so I have an idea. How about if we all put our money in a jar, like say two twenty dollar bills and some coins and leave it inside our community room and then go and meditate together outside for an hour, you know do our meditation. And then we go back in and see what happened.

The weather was perfect. The sun sparkled in the blue sky.

So they did that. Meditation was perfect. When they went back to the meeting room, the jars were still the same-there was no extra cash in them. 

But everybody had changed, because they had dreamt together that our universe was filled with hope.

August 11, 2023 22:51

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.