2 comments

Romance

Emma P.O.V

I’m not someone who enjoyed dating. I didn’t like those moments before a first date filled with nervous anticipation and the “what ifs” that worried my mind. It went something like, what if we have nothing to talk about? What if he finds me boring?

So what could be worse than a first date? A blind date! And somehow my best friend Jessica convinced me to go on blind dates — that meant no photos, no background information and in some instances, not even a name! But the experience was invaluable. What started as a fun summer project with a friend — her finding potential dates and us blogging about these setups — became a serious eye-opener for me. 

Here are some things I learned:

  1. Learn to give a chance to a new experience

I learned that giving a chance to a new experience could be a good way to explore different things. It does not matter how good or bad the date went. All that matters that we have learned something new.

2. Learn to be patient

Developing a relationship not only with your future significant other but relationships, in general, take time to develop. Every relationship is different in many ways. 

3. Know the other person expectation 

Find out early on what you’re both after because we all have different points of view. Learn about each other that way you both gave a shot to yourself and the relationship.

At the beginning of our blog project, I was just dating for fun and thought I didn’t want anything too serious. But it turned out I was wrong. A relationship was what I ended up wanting.

Recently, I have been seeing someone his name is Bryan Lockwood. When I first met him, there was an instant intention between us. I felt like I knew him. We met at a restaurant called La Forchetta. It was a family-based restaurant that served pasta, wine, hot and cold beverages. He was wearing classic clothes and I was wearing a green tie shoulder high split hem bustier dress. Anyway, we talked about our interests and dislikes. The usually blind date talk. 

I stopped writing up here. I have to get ready for the date with Bryan. I shut down my laptop, took a shower and got ready for the night. We are going to a movie night. 

-------------------------------------------------

Bryan P.O.V.

Dear Diary, 

They say life is full of surprises and I agree with that because we meet people and some leave us with lessons and some come with blessings. I have also been on many dates. Some were good, the other was a waste of time. But in the end, it was a well-balanced experience. It looks like I have found my match. I have been recently seeing someone named Emma Morris. She is a beautiful woman. When I met her for the first time, I felt like I knew her and that was unusual. The more I got to know her, the more I fell for her. She completes me. 

I feel nervous tonight because I am going to express my feelings for her after the movie. I have to get ready then. I will keep you updated my dear diary. Have to go!

--------------------------------------------------

Bryan P.O.V

Dear Diary, 

Date Night 

The NoteBook movie.

I picked her up and we went to the movies. After the movie, I expressed my feeling to her. 

I asked her if she liked the movie and she replied yes. I asked her what I liked and disliked about the movie. She told me that the movie was an overall great classical love story that showcases the meaning of true love but what she did not like was how the characters felt their love is not worth fighting for because they are from different classes and follow their parents' guidance but hopefully, they realized their love for each other and came back to fix it.

She believes that” love does not hold on to any restriction or cultural beliefs for you do not have the power over your heart. The only thing you can do is follow it”. 

Then I said, I want to tell you how I feel since we have been seeing each other for over three months. Feel free to not answer me right away on your behalf. 

When we met for the first time, I felt an instant connection. I don’t know how but I did. I tried to shake off the feeling. After all, I didn’t want to be attached to no one because I have been broken before and I don't want the same feeling to come back. It takes a long time to heal a broken heart. However, with you, I felt you could be the one that I have been waiting for. I like how you don’t pretend to be someone you are not. You are YOU and you are not afraid to be straightforward with me about anything. There are more qualities and traits that I keep on seeing each day when I am with you and that’s how I fell in love with you. I love you, Emma. I hope you can give this relationship a chance. She kissed me and told me how she felt. I was so happy that she felt the same way that I did. 

--------------------------------------------------------

Emma P.O.V 

Jessica. 

PS. Jessica is my roommate and my best friend.

Hey girl, how was your date tonight?

It was fun! Replied Emma.

Anything new? Jessica asked.

In fact yes. Replied Emma with excitement.

Spill the tea? Jessica said with excitement as well.

Alright! Emma replied.

Bryan and I went to the movies and watched The Notebook movie. After the movie, he confessed his love for me. He told me that he loves me and that I should consider giving this relationship a try since both of us have been in a dating wheel for a while. I smiled at him and I stepped forward and gave him a brief kiss on the lips to let him know that our feelings are mutual. I was brave enough to tell him how I also felt about him. I told him that I waited this long to see if this relationship could be any different from the previous relationships. Indeed it did. I told him that he was like my best friend before becoming my lover. Every time we are together is an adventure. He smiled and gave me a long kiss before saying I love you Emma Morris again and I said I love you too Bryan Lockwood. 

That's what happened. Said Emma.

Wow! I am happy for you Emma, finally, you got someone after all those crazy blind dates.

“Sometimes we have to give ourselves a chance to experience different things. You might be surprised at what you will find”. Emma Said.

THE END

August 25, 2020 22:09

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

2 comments

Amaya .
22:10 Sep 02, 2020

I love how you have different POV's! It makes the story a lot more interesting in my opinion. It was a good choice. I really really loved this story, well done!

Reply

Rana's Passion
06:41 Sep 30, 2020

I am sorry for the late replay, but I am very happy that you loved my story. Thank you I really appreciated it.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.