Night of Doom

Written in response to: Set your story during the night shift.... view prompt

0 comments

Suspense

The night is quiet. The street light was dim and there were no cars on the road. In a building of Doogle Inc. there was a male worker who work his ass off at this quiet office. The clock on his desk showed the time, 2:10 A.M. The only place that covered in light is his desk. He have a thought of someone who didn't exist might be accompanying him, but work is more important than anything now.

There were also a bunch of tissues covered with blood on the table. He was typing the monthly reports and he have 2 more reports that he didn't even start. He could not stop. He had to do this, even though the next day would be his day off, he hate to delay his work.

He yawned. Blood went down from his nose. Shit. This precious hardworking worker really determined in getting his work done. He took another tissue and wipe off the blood. 'I can't do this. But I have to finish this. If I didn't, I will be dead the next day.'

Then, he heard a noise from his manager's office. He try to shake off his fear and continue to do his remaining work. Then, a shattered glass sound could be heard. He flinched so hard that he nearly have a heart attack. Men get scared too, ladies. So don't depend yourself on men so much.

He could hear a bunch of footsteps got into the office. He got goosebumps. He hide himself under his desk to avoid the chance of getting caught by the intruders. Footsteps that was created by pairs of boots and people mumbling something could be heard. He was dead, for sure.

"Sir, someone was here." said one of them. "Ergh, what is he, a vampire? He have so many tissues covered with blood." said an intruder with a falseto voice. One of the intruder take a tissue and examined it. "No, I think he was having a nosebleed. Look at the way the tissue was rolled up. He must did that to fit the tissue in his nose and prevent more blood got out." said another intruder. "Alpha, search for this person. He should know that he should greet his guest." said a man with deep voice. Damn, this guy will die if he get caught.

"Maybe we should find him in the bathroom first." Said one of them.

Then, he could hear some footsteps went away. Sheesh. How many intruders were there? He waited there in silence. He could hear sounds of his keyboard and mouse. Shit, they must have take a look inside his computer.

"This dude here is one of the most important person in this department I guess. Look at all of the document inside his computer." said the man with deep voice again, with sarcastic tone.

He prayed. He hoped they won't find him. The guy's leg went under the table, straight to where he was hiding. Even I hope this guy won't get caught.

"Peter Carter. What a beautiful name, though." said the man. He pushed himself further under the table until he couldn't anymore. One of the intruders bent down to tie his boot and he saw him.

He stared at the intruder in horror. The intruder got up and push others to the side. The other intruders frowned, wondering why the heck their teammates being like that.

He bent down before smirking at the male worker. His hand grabbed the male worker's collar and pull him out. The male worker struggle so hard but the intruder's force is stronger than him. Shit. He will die.

"Oho, so this is where you were all this time?" said the man with deep voice as he grabbed the male worker's hair. The male worker struggle to get himself free as he said, "What do you want? I don't have anything!"

"You know, Mr. Carter. We hate it when our work create another trouble, like you." said the intruder. The worker called Mr. Carter grinned before his leg went straight up and hit the intruder's head but he dodged. The other intruder started to deliver their punch to the worker. The worker avoided the punch and deliver another punch before another intruder kicked the worker's body and he was sent flying across the office.

The intruder went straight to give another punch to the worker. He also kicked the worker but luckily, Mr. Carter avoided it. "Make him unable to move, but don't kill him. We need him." said the man with deep voice. Other intruders nodded. One of them take a keyboard and threw it to Mr. Carter. He tried to dodge, but it's too late. The keyboard flew straight into his face.

Mr. Carter fell his ass on the floor. He really didn't know how to fight. It's okay I guess since not everyone knows how to fight. Another intruder sent a kick straight into his stomach. Mr. Carter coughed in blood as he tried to punch but his hands was twisted by the intruder. Luckily he got away but he could feel like his arm was being pulled out.

Another intruder went into a fight with Mr. Carter and they made a mess inside the office. But, Mr. Carter didn't have much energy left due to overwork and his opponent appeared to be stronger than him. Good. At least he knew how to protect himself.

And in the end he was defeated. His face swollen and he couldn't move even one of his hands or legs. He could feel his ribs broke too.

"Urgh, he is f*cking strong, despites he lost most of his energy because of overwork." said the intruder with deep voice and he grabbed Mr. Carter's hair.

Mr. Carter couldn't even move his body so he just let his fate to the intruder.

The intruder then smirked before said, " Good. bring him with us. He will bring some benefits to us."

The tomorrow morning, everyone in the Doggle Inc. was shocked by the office that was in a huge mess and the computer on the table named 'Peter Carter' was switched on, but the figure of Mr. Carter didn't even there, as if he was kidnapped.

August 28, 2021 07:19

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.