Snith Monument

Submitted into Contest #86 in response to: Set your story at a park during a spring festival.... view prompt

0 comments

Sad Creative Nonfiction Suspense

Snith Monument

"What a pretty death!Yeah!I am dying with a heart full of contentment and a memory full of love.I am loving to die. Just one request. Please don't forget me." -

 Snith closed her eyes with these last words. He even didn’t give us a single opportunity to try to save him. 

"What happened, Twiline?"

"Nothing, baby. Let's enter the park."

I saw Twiline to be crying. She was crying continuously seeing the big monument of Snith. I was really shocked. Twiline is crying!

 I am Rithin, an orphan. I grew up in an orphanage under the emense love, care and guidance of Twiline.Today is starting of spring festival. We,the children of orphanage eagerly wait for this day all over the year because it is like the most awaiting occasion for us. Twiline gives us the most supreme gifts in this day. She takes us to the "Rainbow Park" every year in this day.

Twiline is really a great woman. Her actual name is Lora Synto. But she made us habitutated with this name 'twiline' which is the symbol of our love. She got a lot of property from her dad. We don't why she didn’t marry. She decided to open an orphanage and from then she is spending her time with us. Twiline takes us to this park only one day in whole year though it is just a little steps from our orphanage. I asked so many times that why she does so as she takes us every weeks in different places some of which are situated very far. But why she doesn’t take us here. But she only used to smile and avoid that question. 

Whatever today is that day. As the park is so enriched with various baby toys and it is also an enjoyable place for the elders, we feel very much happy to come here. All of us are roaming and having a great fun. There is a childern zone in this park which opens only in the spring festival. It's really an aristocratic festival. Different kinds of flowers are arranged in such a manner that anybody will be confused if it is earth or heaven. I don't know the name of all flowers. But I can't but remain looking for a lot of time on those. How? How can they be so beautiful?

The chirping birds of there add life to the wavy flowers. A huge amount of place is stored for birds. Their roaming gives a great feeling of freedom and their sounds seem to be one of the most beautiful sound all over the world. The boundaries of this park are made of big flower trees like bougainvillea, china rose etc. which has a meaning of being a part of natural boundary. Everyone has a boundary of nature in his life. He comes from nature and he has to back to the nature and this is the learning from that boundary. Twiline said me so.

Oh no! I forgot about her. Where is she? I have to know today what's the reason behind her tears.I didn't know earlier that twiline can also cry. The person who can cross the worst situation of life with a great smile,the person whose laughter makes us relief in any situation, the person who is always positive and caring, tears are not suitable in her eyes. Moreover, twiline is like our mother, friend and to me she is my whole world. Then how can I ignore her sorrows? 

"Twiline, Twiline!"

"Oh! my little Ana.My darling! What happened?"

"I want to spend some time with you. "

"Yes, of course, you can. But what happened there? Aren't you getting new themes for your poetry? Or are you bored of playing with your friends? "

"No,not really. But this time my mood is to stay with you."

"Oh, my little baby. Stay with me how long you want."

"Twiline, let's go to that side of the park where the Snith Monument is established."

"Snith Monument!"

"Yeah! What happened,Twiline? You were so happy. But after hearing the name of Snith Monument, you are looking so wretched."

"Nothing,baby. Let's go."

Twiline is holding my hand as if she were my mother. I am enojoying that feeling. Yeah! My mom. I lost my mom when I was a little kid. From then Twiline is the person who is my mom. 

"Twiline, will you please tell me why you were crying seeing this monument."

"Today is a day of great happiness. Why do you want to know the story of sadness, dear?"

"You cry continuously when you see this. I can't see my twiline to be crying. I want to share your pain. Please tell me."

"Then listen, baby. This is the story of Snith,my lover."

Twiline started the story….

"Spring festival" is not an ordinary festival. It is a symbol of relief, love, happiness amd most importantly togetherness. You know quite well that the winter season os very terrible for us. We suffer a lot in this time. We can't go out. Our daily works are hampered badly. Someday the weather remains so bad that it is hard staying in home too. So, when the summer comes, we are relieved from this sufferings. We don't need to wear heavy dresses. We can roam here and there easily. So that's why this freedom is needed to be celebrated and for this reason spring festival is one of the greatest occasion for us.

This "Rainbow Park" is the center of this spring festival for every year. Normally we celebrate this things in our own way in houses. But in the national level, this park is selected for this festival. You can see, baby how beautiful this park is! This is decorated specially for this summer season with flowers, orchids, ornamental plants, benches, the symbols which presents summer etc. Every things are planned by the persons who have high imaginatory power. To add an extra flavour, snow man is also present here to remind us the grievances of winter and festiveness of spring. Snith and I came to this park together when we have a new relationship. 

Snith and I was classmates and freinds. We loved each other for many times. You won't believe, Renith how caring he was! And you can have a glimpse of his beauty in this monument. Such a tall and dashing youth with a supreme brain power- Oh! I can't describe himself properly only with words. How nice behaviour!how kind! Sometimes, I used to be confuse that he was really a human being or something else. My whole world was Snith. When dad and mom left me alone because of the road accident, in that time Snith came to my life as my oxygen. I became much more dependent on him.

Well, before 7 years, in this day, Snith and I got married. We were so happy because of our feeling which we used to feel for each other. Snith told me that as wedding gift, he had something in this park. I was so excited about my surprise. What he wants to do??What?? Oh, so much suspensing. I was disturbing him but he was only smiling. At last we reached in the park. Just see, baby in this place we stopped. Here is the footmark of Snith.

But God himself had a brutal plan. In that year an accident was happened here. Here was a statue of a cartoon character which was so heavy. Suddenly it was cracked. Some babies were playing in a car just under that statue and if it felt the babies would be smashed. Snith rushed away to them and pushed the car away from the statue. But alas! The statue was devastated without any delay and snith couldn’t come out. My Snith was spot dead. The whole incident was happened just in a twinkling of eyes. I was sppechless, spellbound. I lost my whole thinking power for sometimes. When I regained my consciousness I rushed to Snith. He kissed me in my hand and said, "What a pretty death!Yeah!I am dying with a heart full of contentment and a memory full of love.I am loving to die. Just one request. Please don't forget me." I even didn’t get a single time to say him, "I love you,Snith. I can't forget you for anything."

Twiline is wipping. I understand that Twiline can't say anymore. I didn't thought that Twiline is passing through such a horrific situation. How much she loves Snith still today. I have realized why Twiline didn't marry and why she can't stop her tears seeing this momument. I haven't ask her any question. 

"So, this is the history of Snith monument. To others, it is just a momunent who saved some babies. But to me it is the monument of my broken heart, my husband, my life."

"Sorry, Twiline. I made you crying. Don't be sad, please. From now, I am your Snith. Why didn’t you tell me before? I can't see tears to my mom. Give a hug to me. I will take care of you as Snith."

"My cutie pie!"

"You didn't get the surprise from Snith. But see after 7 years, Snith has given you the surprise and that is this little Snith. Come on,you have to smile now."

This spring festival is totally different from me than others. I have new duties to be the reason of happiness of Twiline. It's my vow that I won't let Twiline to cry anymore. With this happiness and new duty I am going back to the orphanage. Oh, Snith! You are really a great man. I also love you so much from today. Be safe in the sky.

March 25, 2021 14:33

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.