0 comments

Friendship Mystery

Here we are, rushing through the transparent doors of the airport, later than ever for a flight we shouldn’t have missed, if it weren’t for a series of misfortunate events. It all started with Leonard and his dumb idea. *FLASH BACK*

“Jerold, you can’t seriously believe that Leonard is going to be here today, do you?”

“Well Michael, what do you want me to do. We’re presenting in less than an hour and the dude with the plan is M.I.A! Of course, I’m stressed.”

The time was ticking, “TICK TOCK, TICK TOCK,” and my heart was beating faster with anxiety and anticipation as I continuously turned my head towards the door, waiting for a miracle to come into light. Nothing. No one. He was still not there. Thirty minutes passed and the business partners were getting impatient, which makes senses, not everyone has the patience to spend hours 5 days of the week, plus extra hours waiting for imbeciles such as Leonard who waste their time.

One of the partners approached us with a very displeased facial expression. “I’m sorry but that’s all the time we have today, and we won’t be available for the rest of the year due to reconstruction.”

“Thank you for your time, we understand. May I ask, when will be the exact time we will be able to see you?”

“Oh, sorry. We’ll only be back next year October… “

“UNLESS!!” a man with a strange hat interrupted said. “You can make the trip to Johannesburg”

*END OF FLASH BACK*

But if you’re wondering, what does that have to do with Leonards’ idea?? Well! It doesn’t but I figured you’d want to understand why we needed to take a plane to our destination. The actual idea was…

*FLASH BACK*

be white There we stand, looking at a wall. A plain, blank brick wall with chunky, broken edges. “It could egg shell” Jerold suggested casually. We look at him with disgust because, “The wall is obviously cream dumb dumb” Leonard statted, finishing off my trail of thought.

My head snapped to Leonard and I could tell he was thinking the same thing. “WE SHOULD PAINT A WALL WITH DIFFERENT SHADES OF WHITE AND LABEL THEM!” and that’s when he lost me. “TOTALLY!” Michael agreed.

No ways is this a good idea but there’s not stopping it when they both have the same idea. What do you expect from two idiotic boys who were probably dropped on their heads a bunch of times.

“Or Or, we can go and find a plant and put it there with a random note, no wait! A sign asking random stranger if the wall is cream or egg shell white. We can record the results and hand it in for our final project of the year. We’d get amazing marks for it and the head could be, ‘Colour blind or deception?’ Which will be perfect considering our topic in class.”

The guys look at me with complete and utter boredom, then look back at each other.

“We like our idea better.”

*END OF FLASH BACK*

Now how do the two stories add up? Well… they don’t yet! We’re missing two more pieces of information before it does. But for now, let’s continue the present.

The doors closed behind us, but we’re too focused on making the flight, we don’t  even care about the loud’ “BANG” behind us.

“I…. really…. Should have…. Gotten… that… gym…. Membership….” Leonard gasps in-between each word.

We continue our, what seems to be never ending, speed towards the plan doors. A few more steps. 1….2…3… And we’re there!

“WE’D LIKE TO GET ON THIS PLAN PLEASE!” I scream, whisper out of breath.

“names?” The till lady asks us with a very harsh facial expression, although that’s my fault because well I yelled first.

“Leonard, Jerold and Michael ma’am” Jerold responds calmer.

Jerold is the only fit one amongst all three of us.

“This way please, you’ve just made the flight” The flight attendant smiles, directing us to our seats.

We follow her to our seats and sit down to finally catch our breathes.

“If there is anything else you’d like, just call and I shall bring it to you. My name is May and I’ll be serving you.” She bows and sends Jerold a wink. But that romance story is for another day.

“Someone’s got an admire” I smirk.

“Indeed you do” Leonard adds as we both wiggle our eye brows at him.

Jerold clears his throat with embarrassment and quickly adds, “Luckily we didn’t miss the flight, that would have been terrible.” To change the topic.

“Yep but it was totally Leonards’ fault” I laugh.

“WHAT, NO WAYS!” He yell whispers with a shocked expression.

“Yes, if you hadn’t forgotten the samples of the product, we wouldn’t have been late. Not to mention, even if we hadn’t gone back, it was still your idea to take that “ShOrT cUt” to get here, which by the way only lead us to heavy traffic.” I argued.

“Yeah, and you stopped by that one shop to get one donut that you ended up hating.” Jerold scoffs.

We both look at Leonard who is bewildered by what we just said with a sight smile forming on his face, making me start to smile. We all look at each other and just break out in laughter. We probably annoyed the people around us but we didn’t care, we just laughed and laughed about everything that’s happened up until now.

Even with all that has happened, we still managed to make it on time. Everything thing that’s happened to us has just brought us closer and given us a reason to smile. We wouldn’t have even been on this flight if it weren’t for Leonards’ idea to make an amazingly strong paint, which we wouldn’t have lead to us wanting to suggest it to our business partners, then us going on this crazy speed chase, rushing to a flight we thankfully didn’t miss. All because of Leonards’ idea.

December 24, 2021 15:41

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.