0 comments

Contemporary Friendship Romance

''So What is the catch?'' Thursday was cool as it is during the winter and we were walking slow heading to roundabout. i was think like spending one more night but the time is going. And i should go back home. Four to five days were long for my mother to think about where i was been. so, my friend say goodbye word and he was heading back home while i was heading with my journey.

Then he appear like stranger and greeted me. I was clam like a man waiting for his bride to be handed over to him.

Brother-in-law appear like a ghost

So, he talk like spying me and all what i did were to escape any future problem not what is at hand. In the process i end up in the chain of love and the question do came from the viewers by asking So, what is the catch?''

I told my friend that is what had happen to you my friend.

yes, as you return back my friend the brother to Regina approach me in style way. Yes, this young man thought that i was after his sister of which there is no denial as i came from far distance to see you. however, meeting this beautiful girl will not prevented me to say that i have love for her.

So, he could be right as he see me last market day with his sister.

of which you are my witness.

In real live of girl in this nation is on the hand of their brothers and fathers and this is how i end up here in this thing that i can called it as chain of love.

I love this girl called Regina, she is my only one that admire my heart among thousand girls in this area.

Am wrong? Dut

Oh, you are right my friend.

what you said are all correct and i will talk with this man so that they will untie the chain of love as you say.

when my friend Dut finish talking with men. i was in deep thinking as that chain still on my feet. i was like Peter in the jail for Christ mission. however this chain is for love of human being.

What is wrong in falling love with someone daughter? i asked myself as i wait the outcome of the meeting.

when time come i was free to walk with smile on my face as that was first time under love chain.

what a life, what a catch. And So, what is the catch?

In African live ladies were seen as value of wealth and that is why brothers were like security guardian to their sisters in any field of live. leave alone this man who come and call a girl in the present of his brother.

That is risking your live in South Sudan as you look like someone who is in the bank without card for withdrawing his money.

when she heard that i was chained because of falling in love with her. she feel proud and she value herself as the honest, respect and beautiful girl that men from far distance come for her.

she cry deep when she heard that i was chain by her brother.

so, that is what you do to him, she said to her brother.

you see brother, he was innocent of which you could not chain him for falling in love with me.

do you know who will marry me?

No, you did not know

even God did not know the man that i will choose for i am not like other girls in this area.

So, what do you say as i have already chained him.

was it bad for me to chain up your boy friend?

That is how i treated him as i did not need to do him something that will hurt you.

i need to test how he love you.

so, that is why you chain him like a cow.

what a live did you do to him.

my friend is innocent of which you should respected him for me.

i feel bad, very bad for that is humiliating him.

so, you are feeling bad

Are you feeling bad

Are you against me

So, what is your move now?

Just tell me, i am your brother

I am not response for your future but now. I am caring for you so that the bad boy could not spoils you.

The boys of now a day. they are spoiler and i need you to finished your high school.

Are you not thinking to be an engineer.

it is what made me to approach your boy so that he will run to Uganda so that you will finish your studies well then he will ruin your school.

I care for your school not your love as you fall in love with stranger man then the men in this area.

What a love do you need. Loving strangers is like loving ghost as ghost disappear then your stranger man can disappear and hid himself in neighbouring country. As most of his age mates desert thier friends i do not need that to happen to you as sister.

was that not why i reject that boy who propose to marry you during your grade eight. i know that we men sometime fall in love like insects with flower. i tell you clearly that i will continuing to rebuke you to weight your love toward the boys. you should also know what you love will be pure and we as family will be happy with you

As life is one but love is many. However, all what i said are not sinking in your heart but truth should be said.

i know that he will let you drop that idea and i do not need it.

So, that is what made you to approach him

Okay, i see let me think and i will be back soon

March 09, 2023 10:58

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.