0 comments

Drama Romance

*I haven't written in a long time, this is just for fun so it will probably be bad*

"Cut!" Thomas yelled.

Nick and I stopped in our tracks and look towards him and the rest of the crew.

"Nick, that wasn't the line!" Thomas closes his eyes in frustration.

"I'm sorry," Nick gulps.

"Everybody take five," Thomas announces.

I walk up to him and put a hand on his shoulder. "Babe, don't stress about it."

He puts his coffee down and sighs. "We're already delayed with filming. We can't play around."

"Tom?"

I hear a voice behind me and see no other than the perfect Olivia Grace. She walks past me and up to "Tom."

She puts a hand on his shoulder. "So, I have a question about this part in the script..."

Yeah, I totally wasn't talking to Thomas you stuck-up bitch. Just because she's a Hollywood star, she thinks she's better than everybody. I roll my eyes and walk away. I head to my makeup room and sit down on the chair. Somebody knocks on the door a few seconds later.

"Come in."

Nick peaks in my room before coming in. "Maya," he says, sitting down in the chair next to mine. "Your boyfriend is so annoying. I got one word wrong. One. And he gets all mad about it. He's such a perfectionist."

I smile at his ranting and suddenly the door opens but Nick doesn't notice. "I just wish I could scream at him like he screams at us. 'No, that's not right! Are you stupid?'" He imitates Thomas.

I mouth "Stop." But Nick doesn't look at me.

Thomas clears his throat. Nick slowly turns his head to the door.

"Break is over. I want you on set now."

"You couldn't have warned me?" Nick gets up and we walk to set.

"I tried to," I shrug.

"Nick, you better get it right this time," Thomas tells him, looking at him dead in the eye.

***

Later that night, Thomas and I go out to eat at a restaurant.

"So, Nick had some interesting stuff to say, didn't he?" Thomas says in the middle of dinner.

I finish chewing my food. Nick was my friend and co-star. Thomas is my boyfriend...and technically my boss.

"I don't-"

A girl suddenly comes up to us. She looks shocked. Probably just another fan of Thomas. Of course, Thomas is more famous than me. So he gets more attention.

"Thomas?"

"I-"

"Who's she?" the girl looks at me.

I look at her and then Thomas. "Thomas, what does she mean?"

"Nothing, she's probably just a crazy fan," he whispers to me. "Can I get the check please?" he says to a waiter passing by.

The other girl is still standing next to Thomas.

"Okay, Maya. Go wait in the car. I'll pay and meet you there."

I reluctantly grab my purse and leave the restaurant. I don't go to the car, instead, I wait outside and look through the window. Thomas gets up and faces the girl. The girl starts getting mad. She starts moving her hands around and everybody is looking at them. I can see Thomas's face and he seems mad too.

He suddenly says one last thing to thing and leaves, without even paying. I turn around, acting like I didn't see anything.

"Come on, Maya. Let's go."

"Everything okay?" I ask, even though it wasn't.

"Yeah, just a crazy person. Probably on drugs."

***

"She came up to him like she knew him. She asked who I was. And she didn't seem like she was on drugs."

Nick looks up and frowns. "She was probably somebody he knew?" Nick suggested.

"Yeah, and after I left, they started getting mad at each other. And he didn't pay for the meal. He just walked out."

There was a knock at the door and Thomas comes in. "Time for filming."

Nick and I go to set and see Thomas isn't there. One of the producers comes up to me. "Where's Thomas?"

"I don't know. I can go find him though," I offered.

He nodded and I go backstage. I open his office and find Olivia inches away from him. Thomas steps back and looks at me. "I told you, I love her."

"Liar, you told me you loved me." Olivia crosses her arms over her chest.

"Thomas..." I whisper.

"Okay, fine. I don't like you. I only dated you because your dad was a famous director. Before he died."

My heart breaks when I hear what he says. "So who was that other girl?"

Olivia looks at him with shock. "What other girl?!"

"My girl-" he stops. "My ex-girlfriend."

"Your cheating on me with two girls?" Olivia yells.

"No, I meant that was my ex!" Thomas panics.

I take the water bottle off his desk and slap him with it. "We're done."

Olivia threatens him. "Everybody in Hollywood will hear about this!"

We both storm out of the room, leaving him single and drenched. Olivia looks at me and sighs. "I really didn't know. He told me you two broke up."

"It's fine." I shrug. "We weren't together that long anyway."

"Hey! Where's Thomas?" The producer asks.

Olivia and I look at each other before going to the set. I take his megaphone and yell into it. "Thomas is a cheater."

"And a liar and thief," Olivia continues.

We look at each other and smirk, knowing his reputation would go down in flames.

***

"Nick! Hi, babe." I give Nick a hug. He lets go and waves to Olivia.

"Sorry, I've been busy with filming, but you won't believe what happened."

"Oh, Maya, speaking of filming, remember that one time our director was dating you and me at the same time?" Olivia mentions.

Olivia and I started modeling and haven't done acting ever since.

"Yeah, I remember that. It was almost a year ago. I'm so glad he got what he deserved." I smile. "I'm never going to date directors again."

"Oh, about that..." Nick interrupts. "I got hired as a director for a new movie."

Olivia and I look at each other.

"Just forget what I just said, okay?" We all let out a laugh.

July 15, 2023 02:12

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.