3 comments

General

  The four have been comrades since they entered kindergarten. At the elementary school, they were seated on two adjoining offices. Their friendship continued even after they entered the high school, and we all know that high school is full of adventures and obstacles.

   It was the second term of study. The graduation ball was approaching to mark the successful completion of all students. Everyone was excited. There was another event that our four boys would be excited about.

   Shortly before the class bell rang, the chemistry teacher mentioned that the high school would organize a competition for musical talents. The twins Stoyan and Marco were very happy as they loved to make rap music. Plamen and Ivo had no talent, but they supported their friends and were happy too. The teacher announced that the students were free and could leave the chemistry study room. All the students packed their things. Ivo had to stay in the study because he had to copy the chemistry formulas from the board into his notebook. Plamen wasn't in a hurry, he kept playing his game on his phone, even everyone was wondering how the teacher didn't notice him while he was doing it. Stoyan and Marco were already eager to go to the recording board and grease it with their name. The teacher prepared to clear the board to be ready for the next lesson. Ivo's friends asked her to wait a minute for him to post. She had smiled and told them she was glad that they had such a strong friendship between them, but warned them that in difficult moments their friendship should be strongest and not surrender to one another. Plamen replied to the teacher that she sounded like their mothers and replied on behalf of everyone that they were not giving up no matter what was going on between them. The four left the study room last. Ivo asked what the plan was today. Plamen suggested that they go to the playroom in the mall, and he liked playing air hockey very much. The twins Stoyan and Marco announced that the first mission was to go to the scoreboard for the music competition. Shortly after the twins entered the music competition, they met Momchil. Momchil was a mean boy and had no friends, he was alone. He was also in kindergarten with these four friends, he was with them and in primary school, but he failed to be the fifth friend in the group because he wanted to separate them. He once tried to help Stoyan with the wrong answers to the math test just to fail him, but failed because Plamen is good at math and saw that the mean Momchil was trying to help his friend. Therefore, he checked his information with Stoyan's and warned him about Momchil's meanness. The four friends had promised that they would never allow someone like Momchil to stand between them. In turn, he turned to the twins and told them they had no chance with a rap song to beat him because he was singing. Ivo and Plamen were angry, but the twins smiled and turned to Momchil, saying that no matter the genre, music is art. The important thing is to make the audience feel your message. The four friends continued to the mall. Bad Momchil went to the record board and tried to erase the names of the twins, but failed because the chemistry teacher caught him at the crime scene and ordered him to clean the chemistry classroom after school hours. Countless days remained until the music competition. The grand lounge was open for rehearsals. The stage was repainted, the curtains washed, there was no trace of dust. The whole high school was excited for the upcoming event. A grand event was emerging and a great opportunity for Momchil to finish his work. A girl group named Three Cats had completed their rehearsal and it was the twins' turn. It is unknown how the room was left without electricity. By Murphy's law, things went wrong for the twins and for Momchil, yes Momchil was involved again. Plamen saw Momchil step out from under the stage, and that was where the electrical panel of the hall was. All would be well if Ivo hadn't decided to hit Momchil. The chemistry teacher saw this as she supervised the rehearsal and took the two students to the director. Plamen, Stoyan and Marco tried to explain, but the teacher did not accept their words. Ivo and Marco were already in the director's office. The other three stood at the door of the director's office, and the  rehearsals in the grand lounge continued, because the show must go on. The director asked Momchil what had happened. He replied that Ivo had attacked him for no reason. The director asked Ivo what had happened. Ivo explained what the situation was. The director asked the chemistry teacher what she saw. She explained to him that she went to the teacher's room to get the script for the show, went back into the hall and saw Ivo hit Momchil. The director announced that Ivo was forbidden from attending the show, even as an audience, he asked the chemistry teacher to take Momchil to the nurse and then announce the other three to come to his office. After talking with Plamen, Stoyan and Marco, the director informed them that they had also been removed from the show until the second order, as they were witnesses and did not prevent the incident. The disappointment was huge for the four of them. Momchil was happy, but hardly for long. I say everything in life is like a boomerang, whatever you send, it comes back to you, that's exactly what happened on the day of the music competition. The four friends stood on the bench outside the hall door and heard the performance of the three cats' girl group. Ivo apologized to the twins. The twins told him not to worry because they would do the same for each of them. Suddenly the director showed up to them and gave them permission to participate. Without thinking, the four went behind the scenes. They met with Momchil again and he greeted them with the words: "Congratulations, you beat me! The principal saw the tapes and drove me out of school."

The last words were of Plamen

"Momchil it was your karma, you can never separate some really good friends!"

The show went on. The Three Cats girl group won and they sang their hit Come to Me at the prom.

   The four friends to this day have their adventures, but nothing separates them because they knew that while they were in solidarity with one another, they would be strong.

May 03, 2020 08:42

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

3 comments

19:36 May 19, 2020

Great illustration of a tight and very strong friendship! I like the interesting names of the characters as well. I would like to read another story from you😀

Reply

Show 0 replies
Sheryl Foo
03:18 May 14, 2020

I liked the story overall, as it brings across a positive message, similar to my story. I suggest you try to add more dialogues and perhaps add morr descriptions to the fours actions, then the story will not seem as choppy. Oh and perhaps of just describing Monchil's bad behaviours, you can add more of how it affected the others emotionally and the struggles they went through to overcome it. If you do not mind, do come over and help feedback on my story 'Overcoming all odds' as well. Keep up to good work!

Reply

Show 0 replies
17:46 May 12, 2020

A nice, relaxing school story. I liked the boomerang depiction too. My suggestion would be to put some dialogues and break the whole story in paragraphs. Stay safe, and happy writing

Reply

Show 0 replies

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.