0 comments

Romance

Two Views, Blind Date. Eva- Eva stepped out of the steaming shower, onto the mat outside the tub. Eva grabbed the towel off the towel rack and wrapped it around her body. Eva walked over to the mirror and wiped the steam away; as she did so she realized her hand was shaking. Eva was nervous, her friend Kelly thought that she needed to start dating again so she set Eva up with her friend Nicholas. Eva had not been out with a man since her ex boyfriend Jason. Eva had believed that she and Jason would have gotten married, Eva thought that that he was her soul mate. Jason, however, did not believe he was Eva's soul mate. At least that is what he told her; when he broke up with her for her room mate Julie. Eva had been single for 2 years since that painful break up, she did not want to put herself out there ever again, to allow herself to get hurt in that same way. But Julie insisted that Eva get back out there, that not all men were like Jason. Still though Eva was damaged by the betrayal of Jason and Julie who she had come to think of like a sister, and she was scared of putting her heart out there again. But Eva had to remember; as Kelly reminded Eva, it was just one date. It was not love, not even like, it was just getting back in the game. Eva got out her make-up bag, wrapped a towel around her hair to keep it out of her face, then applied her make-up. Once the make-up was applied Eva went to her room to search through her closet to find something amazing to wear. She may not feel ready to go on a date but if her friend was insistent then she was going to look hot as hell. Eva found her fire red spaghetti strap mini dress, she decided to wear that dress. Eva believed that red dress to be lucky. Eva had gotten out of speeding tickets wearing it, got free products like coffee, flowers, meals, and she had gotten a unbelievable deal on her car. Eva had her make-up done, her dress on, now she needed to do her hair and pick out the perfect pair of shoes to go with her dress. Eva put her hair up into a voluminous side bun. Then Eva went to the door, searching through the front closet for the perfect pair of shoes. Eva took out all of her black shoes and red shoes after trying on multiple pairs of shoes she found the ones she liked the most. Eva took a look at her watch it was 8 p.m. if she left right then she would be on time for their 8:15 p.m. reservation. Before she left, Eva took a final look in the mirror, she looked good. From head to toe, a nice do-up hair style, make-up done to perfection, a sexy dress, and matching red Mary Jane flat forms. After her final glance at herself, Eva left for her date with Nick. Nick- Nick was not too happy with Kelly, she had made a date for him without him even knowing. Nick knew she meant well, but she also purposely made the date without his permission knowing that he would feel obligated to go. It was not that Nick did not want to date he just wanted to pick his own dates. But Kelly believed that he was not good at picking his own dates which is why she took it upon herself to pick this date for him. However, what Kelly did not know is that he was really good at picking his own dates. The girls Nick spent his time with were fun, easy going, and gone in the morning, just as he liked it. Nick figured one day he would settle down and put his partying days behind him, but for now he wanted to continue having his fun, sowing his wild oats. If What Kelly told him about Eva's ex were true, then he knew he was not the one Kelly should have set her up with. He was not a bad person he would never cheat on someone, that is why he never had relationships just relations. Kelly told him she was just using him to get her friend back into the dating pool, so he did not need to think about it too seriously. However, he did not really care for that perspective of the date either. If Kelly wanted to get her friend back out there then he would help. Nick decided that if he had to go on this date to help his friends friend then he would,. Nick would be polite, show her a good time, then ghost her ever so nicely so she could move on with her life and look for Mr. Right. Nick put on his finest black Italian suit, pearl white pinpoint Oxford shirt, and black silk neck tie. Nick gelled his hair into a perfectly coifed style. Nick slipped on his finest leather loafers, then went out the front door to his car and drove to meet Eva at the restaurant Kelly had picked out for them. Nick arrived at the restaurant, pulled up to the valet, got out of his car and handed the valet his keys. Nick took one final breath in deeply prepared to get this night over with as quickly as possible, go home text Kelly that is went great and carry on with his life. Nick went into the restaurant, told the hostess that he had a reservation for 8:15 under his name. The hostess led Nick to the romantic 2 seated table, lit by candlelight. Eva was not there yet, Nick took a seat, when the waiter came over to take his drink order, he ordered a bottle of sauvignon blanc. The waiter came over with the wine and glasses, he poured a glass for the empty chair, and then for Nick. Nick thanked him and took the wine. As Nick was taking a sip of wine, a woman in red walked toward him. She was gorgeous and just the type of woman that could destroy him, he had hoped that she was not Eva. If it was Eva then Kelly knew what she was doing, and she laid the trap well. Although Nick did not want the woman to be Eva, he would be devastated if she were not Eva. Eva walked up to the table and stuck out her hand to introduce herself. ‘Oh, no' Nick thought as he took a deep breath in and shook Eva's hand.    

August 25, 2020 15:49

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.