I found you.

Submitted into Contest #112 in response to: End your story with a character standing in the rain.... view prompt

2 comments

Romance Drama Sad

A young woman sat at her wooden desk, just beneath her window, her escape from reality, even if just a moment. Until she came to, and realised that she was still in her current world, the real world; Aliza's world. Her doe eyes scanned the different people, going about their days, some chatting up the townsfolk. She had even noticed a couple locking lips passionately, she had smiled at that but her smile did not stay- instead her heart thumped a little too hard, that left a type of hurt that was unexplainable. She licked her slightly chapped lips, picking up her quill again, and took to the paper, hesitating for a moment before writing the first word, a word so strong, that it left her mind to wander what it would be like to have it, to feel it. She wouldn't know, so she wrote about it instead.

21st February; Wednesday, 2018

Love wasn't always easy. If it was, then that would be too good to be true. No, love was supposed to be filled with an abundance of emotions, some good, some not so good, and some, so terrifying, you never really know where to look. When I look at myself in the mirror, and ask, 'Am I really.. capable of .. love? Can I feel that? Feel that way towards another person? To give someone my all, with the risk of never getting it back? But, could it be reciprocated? Could someone love me like I love them?' Doubt. We are all so clouded with doubt; we doubt ourselves, our friends. It's like a spoilt seed that is endowed into us. How can we ever live if all we ever do is doubt? Well I say fuck it. I'm done doubting love. I fucking want it. I want love. I.. I want to feel it, embrace it, and then give it someone else.

Let me find you, let me seek you, let me love you.

Signed Aliza B.

Aliza thought that this was as real as she could get. As real as anyone would care to admit about love and the unshed truths about it. She knew it was hard, and could be very damaging to ones soul, but, for once, she wanted to feel it all. Loneliness does that to a person, makes them yearn for things, makes them desperate to just feel anything. After signing her usual farewell, Aliza placed her quill down, her eyes flickering briefly at a picture frame, the edges of the picture frayed from being decades old. Her eyes grew glassy with emotion, the warning sting of tears notifying her. Her fingertips ghosted over the faded picture, a soft "I miss you" ghosted out of her plumb lips, before she looked away, her eyes landing on the outsiders for a second time. She let out a shaky breath, and then shook her head, gathering herself, before nodding to no one in particular- she then closed her frayed journals, putting it in her bottom drawer of her desk, stood up and headed out to greet the villagers.

21st February: Tuesday, 2020

It wasn't easy, I knew it wasn't going to be, but I had found it. I truly found love, and I am never doubting myself again. It's beautiful; love, I mean it's so extraordinary, that it makes me feel like I am on a constant cloud nine. I look into his eyes, and I see the love he feels for me, I place my hand on his heart, and feel his thumping and erratic rhythm- it's real, he's real- and he's just so warm, that I never want to let go. He's the home that I've always been looking for. He completes me.

You are mine, as I am yours, then, now, and forever.

Signed, Aliza D.

She had never thought that this was possible for her. To find love, that is. She had always been filled with the doubts, an overwhelming silhouette of fear, looming over her shoulders. Dreading her with the constant sense of being cautious. It was completely unexpected, meeting him, tasting his lips for the first time, and the fall. The unexpected fall of her heart, as she had sunk into his warm arms. Invaded by his scent, his musk- it was his everything that caused her to fall this quick and hard. She knew this, starting into his eyes as she was now, she knew that nothing in this moment could ruin what they had. There was this imaginary magnetic pull in-between them, to pull them closer, and it did. It pulled, and pulled, until their noses touched, and nuzzled lovingly towards each other and then, after another strong pull, their lips had finally touched. Soft plump lips met slightly chapped lips- but the taste was so intoxicating. Aliza knew that in this moment, he was her person, as she was his.

12th April; Wednesday, 2020

Love isn't easy. Love is cruel, and unkind. A poisonous venom that tricks the mind, and the heart. I loved the idea of 'love'. You were kind to me, and had given me a kind of love that I would never forget. But now, I curse you, I curse you because the love you gave me, took him away. He was mine! My soulmate, my person, my.. my love. How could you be so inhumane?! I hate you! I hate love! I never want to love another person or thing again, because I know in the end, it won't last! It never does!

Aliza stood still, the cold bite of the raindrops hitting olive skin, the numbness of her broken heart, overbearing and overlapping the glacial water upon her skin. He was gone. The only person that she felt at home with, was gone. Her wet eyelashes fluttered against her tear streaked cheek. She took in a deep breath, opened her chapped lips, and let out a sharp, soul piercing scream, letting out all her pain, and all the raw emotion she had felt- her scream, as painful as it was, knowing that her love was gone- had brought Aliza to her knees, her shoulders shaking as sobs then racked throughout her entire body, shivering- but not from the cold, but from the hurt. She hadn't noticed but as her scream hit the trees that surrounded her, that had rustled and flown back, leaves cascading down onto her and around her, landing in front of her bruised knees, that were knelt down onto the paved road. As her spine- chillingly scream ended, she drew in a shaky breath, her eyes had stung, as they filled with tears, nothing being heard but the sound of the rain, filling the depressing aura that Aliza was giving off. Her head tilted down, as she sniffled, her hair shielding her face. After a few moments, she heard a sound. A car..? No. Footsteps? What could it be..? She didn't look up until a bright blue, luminescent glow had entered her lowered gaze. She slowly looked up, and her heart jumped violently in her chest. Her eyes widened as her eyes looked at the piercing gaze in front of her.

"My love." A haunting voice that she knew all too well, echoed in her ears.

"W-Will..?" Her trembling lips let out, her heart thumping even harder, her tears still falling, although, it was unsure if it was the rain, or her actual tears.

"Yes, my love. It's me. It's Will. I found you."

He found her, as she found him.

It had to have been fate.

Their destiny.

September 21, 2021 06:17

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

2 comments

Anh Hoang
19:29 Nov 15, 2021

I loooooove your stories please post mooooore!!!😁

Reply

Jayde Bennett
11:06 Nov 19, 2021

Omg really?! AHH! Thank you so much, that means the world to me! I definitely will be posting more :)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.