0 comments

Kids Historical Fiction Inspirational

THE PALASIK

One dark night in the middle of the forest in the area of ​​Mount Merapi, Bukittinggi, West Sumatra, Indonesia, there lived an old grandmother, let's call her Grandma Adilah, and a granddaughter who was pregnant with her name, just called Kartini. Kartini was left by her husband since she was one month pregnant, her husband died in a motorcycle accident and fell into a ravine. Now the one who takes care of Kartini is only Grandma Adilah, Grandma Adilah is also very fond of Kartini, because Kartini is her only grandchild.

One night accompanied by heavy rain on Friday night Kartini was about to give birth. Adilah's grandmother was confused about who to go to for help because they both lived in the middle of the forest far from the village residents and it was very difficult to find a midwife to give birth. Because Grandma Adilah was very confused, she ventured to give birth to her own grandson. The Kartini continued to be in pain, not long after Kartini succeeded in giving birth to her child with the help of Grandma Adilah. However, there was an oddity in the baby, the baby that came out of Kartini's womb only came out of the head and internal organs without a body and even more strangely the baby was alive and crying, Kartini fainted because she was very surprised to see the baby like a palasik (calendar) figure. . Strangely, Grandma Adilah seemed to be smiling happily seeing her grandson born as a demon.

It turns out that Adilah's grandmother when she was young she embraced black magic, she became a slave to the queen of palasik (calendar). It turned out that Grandma Adilah had made an agreement with the queen of palasik, if she had children or grandchildren later she would be the successor of queen palasik. And sure enough it happened to his daughter Kartini. Years passed and finally the baby grew up without a body, living only with his head and organs. Adilah's grandmother also taught him to find food. Adilah's grandmother told the palasik child to eat the fetuses that were 7 months old.

In one village there was an uproar that there was a mother who died because her fetus was sucked and taken by palasik. The residents were confused and scared, until one night the village men and youth agreed to set a trap for the palasik ghost, as usual the bait was pregnant women and the residents who were on guard hiding to wait for the palasik to arrive. The clock chimed indicating that it was 12 o'clock at night and not long after that the palasik appeared to approach and take the fetus of a pregnant woman. But the resident who was on guard immediately took action to catch and burn the palasik, the palasik could not do anything, all its organs were chopped up by the residents and their heads were burned.

Not long after, Grandmother Adilah was present as palasik and only her head and organs were floating, Grandma Adilah was very angry with the residents. But fortunately, there was a cleric who could deal with Grandma Adilah's palasik. Inah's grandmother gave up. She admitted that she lived in the middle of the forest and the body she released was kept in the house. Residents were furious and went to the house and set fire to the house, Grandma Adilah's body was also burned in it. And Adilah's grandmother will not be able to return to being a full human being. Until the day began to dawn the sun began to appear Grandma Adilah also disappeared in the sun.

MALIN KUNDANG

Malin Kundang is famous Indonesian legend of Minangnese tribe  from West Sumatera, Indonesia. Malin Kundang was known as successful nomads who was ungodly to his mother. In ancient times there was a story in a fishing village in Air Manis Beach in Padang, West Sumatra there lived a widow named Mande Rubayah with her son named Malin Kundang. Mande {MOM} Rubayah loved and spoiled Malin Kundang. Malin is a diligent and obedient child.

Mande Rubayah is old, she is only able to work as a cake seller to meet the needs of herself and her only child. One day, Malin fell ill. The pain was very hard, his life almost died but eventually he could be saved-thanks to the hard work of his mother. After recovering from his illness he was increasingly loved. They are mother and child who love each other. Now, Malin is an adult, he asked permission from his mother to go abroad to the city, because at that time there was a big boat docked at Air Manis Beach.

"Don't Malin, I'm afraid something will happen to you in that overseas land. Just stay here, accompany mother, "said her mother sadly after hearing Malin's desire to wander.

"Mother, calm down, nothing will happen to me," Malin said, holding his mother's hand. "This is a chance ma'am, because not necessarily once a year there are large ships docked on this beach. I want to change our destiny, ma'am, allow it, 'Malin pleaded.

For years Mande Rubayah kept asking but there was never an answer until her body got older, now she began to bend her way. One day Mande Rubayah got word from the skipper who had brought Malin, the captain gave happy news to Mande Rubayah.

"Mande, you know, your son has now married a beautiful girl, the daughter of a nobleman who is very rich," he said at the time.

"Malin, hurry and come home, son. Malin is old, Malin, when will you come home ..." he groaned miserably every night. He was sure his son would come. Sure enough, not long after that on a sunny day from a distance, a magnificent and beautiful ship sailed towards the shore.

Villagers gathered, they thought the ship belonged to a sultan or a prince. They welcomed him happily. Rubayah was very happy to hear that, he always prayed that his son would be safe and would soon return to visit him; a ray of joy began to approach him again. But for months since he received news from Malin from the captain, Malin never returned to visit him.

When the ship began to dock, a pair of young people were seen standing on the bridge. Their clothes shimmered in the sun. Their faces were brightly decorated with smiles because they were happily greeted with fanfare.

Mande Rubayah also crowded toward the ship. His heart pounded when he saw the young man on the ship, he was very sure that the young man was his son, Malin Kundang. Before the village elders had responded, Mrs. Malin approached Malin first. He immediately hugged her tightly, he was afraid of losing his child again.

"Malin, my child. You're really my child right? " he said holding back sobs in excitement, "Why haven't you given the news so long?"

Malin was surprised because he was hugged by an old woman in tattered clothes. He could not believe that the woman was his mother. Before he could even think of speaking, his beautiful wife spat while saying, "This ugly woman is your mother? Why did you lie to me before! " he said sarcastically, "Didn't you say that your mother was a noble who was equal to me ?!"

Hearing his wife's spicy words, Malin Kundang immediately pushed his mother to roll to the sand, "Crazy woman! I'm not your child! " he said harshly.

Mande Rubayah did not believe in her son's behavior, he sat down while saying, "Malin, Malin, my son. I'm your mother, kid! Why are you being like this son ?! ” Malin Kundang ignored the words of his mother. He will not recognize his mother. He is ashamed of his wife. Seeing the woman inching about to hug her legs, Malin kicked her while saying, "Hi, crazy woman! Mother isn't like you! Poor and dirty! " The old woman was lying on the sand, crying, and hurt.

The people who saw him were stunned and then returned to their respective homes. Mande Rubayah passed out and lay on her own. When he realized, Air Manis Beach was already quiet. He saw the ship Malin farther away. He did not think that Malin, who was loved before, could do this.

His heart ached and hurt, then he raised his hand to the sky. He then prayed with a sad heart, "Yes, Lord, if indeed he is not my son, I forgive his actions earlier. But if he is indeed my son named Malin Kundang, I ask for your justice, O Lord! ” he said miserably while crying. Shortly afterwards the weather in the middle of the sea that was once sunny, suddenly turned dark. The rain suddenly fell very dense.

Suddenly there came a big storm, hit the ship Malin Kundang. Laiu blaring thunder. At that moment the ship was smashed to pieces. Then the waves carried to the beach.

The next day when the morning sun appeared in the eastern horizon, the storm had stopped. At the foot of the hill seen pieces of ships that have become stone. That's the ship Malin Kundang! A rock that resembles a human body appears

That is the body of Malin Kundang whose son of disobedience who was cursed by his mother became a stone because he was disobedient. Between the stones, they swim in anchovy, mullet fish, and mackerel. That said, the fish came from the fragments of the body of his wife who kept looking for Malin Kundang.

Until now, if there are big waves hitting rocks that resemble ships and humans, it sounds like a howl of human screams, sometimes it sounds like someone lamenting, "Oh dear, Mom ...! Gosh! " it is said that the voice of Malin Kundang, the lawless child to his mother.

April 11, 2023 08:08

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | Illustration — We made a writing app for you | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.