0 comments

Drama Sad Crime

This story contains themes or mentions of physical violence, gore, or abuse.


A Judge has been and always will be the mandate of law, through legal disputes and prosecuting bureaucrats, his classified forte will permanently reside in a seat of order. His gestures and actions represent what many call sovereignty and his equitable decree stand beside logic and good reasoning. The thorn of order is what they call it at this end, and as we move through the needlework of a ruthless operation, corruption positions herself in the hands of the ones who are willing to take the bait. 


From a judge's robe to the ink in his pen, everything is centered at the feet of a fair trial, a court’s proceeding never breaches, and neither does a tongue that works beside her vices. In this system of a few options, one must bear in mind that liability is nothing without damages, and a bribe could only lay her tent at the door of a few negotiations.


From a portrayal of decisions to a witness statement, a judge will always base his decisions on actuality, and as he advocates through a body of an elected council, the truth will remain in the hands of those who want to set her free. In the case of judge Davis, matters rolled in a cart of no wheels upon receiving the case of Margie Thompson, a young girl who by the age of twelve belonged to a sex trafficking ring.


She was raised by her uncle and grandmother, her school transcripts indicated that she attended school till the fourth grade and after that, she vanished from the school system. 


When authorities went in for questioning the grandmother denied any allegations of neglect and abuse, Margie Thompson was abducted on March eighth, and her remains were found a month later long side a ditch on Vaigons Road. An autopsy confirmed that she was brutally beaten and raped, authorities asked anybody with information to please contact their local police department. A week later a man who did not want to give his identity told detectives that she worked for the Ezquibiz Cartel.


The Ezquibiz Cartel was known for its operations across the states, they majored in sex and drug trafficking and were highly known for their murders and crimes. They worked as a crime organization and specialized in torture and kidnapping, it was said that Margie got recruited at eight years old and that her father accepted a large amount of money from the cartel for his daughter. 


The dye of a quill has for decades served as a witness to a court's inhuman operations not only has justice served her purpose, but injustice has also climbed up a bar that over the years has left many wondering whether justice exists or not. In a court of law, everything hides in plain sight, and it is up to a judge and a jury to decode a statement through evidence and actual events. 


Judge Davis had already gone through a trial of mishaps not only were the threats escalating but the Ezquibiz Cartel was putting massive pressure on the judge due to the fact that a month later, one of the cartel's associates was linked to Margie’s disappearance, this in itself brought a lot of heat to the members of the gang.      


They ordered that if one of its members were to receive the death sentence his family will be in a great amount of danger. In less than a week Julio Gutierrez was charged with the death of Margie Thompson and was sentenced to death by lethal injection. Thanks to a hard-working body Margie got justice and many of the gang members were arrested in a new case.


But the story had nothing close to an end, a year in a half after the Ezquibiz Cartel was charged with duplicate assassinations and a heat of illegal transactions, the ringleader Armando Espinoso, ordered that judge Davis and his family were executed. No later than a month into the deadly request judge Davis’s daughter Kimberly Regeze age 7, was abducted, Davis's trial began at home with the disappearance of his younger daughter.


That same week the family was moved to a different location under a witness protection program. A videotape was left right on the court's steps the same court judge Davis worked his whole career, investigators wasted no time and ran the video. The tape contained explicit material, a masked man with a machete warned in his native tongue that if all operations against the cartel were not dropped Davis’s daughter, was to suffer all repercussions that came along with the charges. Two minutes into the video the malefactor walks toward an empty chair and dragged in a young girl with a black bag over her head, detective couldn't really tell if it was Kimberly Regeze or not.


Under criminal threats, they ordered the family to leave a reward of three million dollars for the return of their daughter, they also ordered that the money was to be dropped off at an address just two miles from the court. 


Investigators and the police were baffled not only by the request but the location they wanted the money to be dropped off. Officer officials rushed judge Davis to the courts with high alert securities and showed him the tape, they wanted him to see if he was able to tell if the child on the video was his daughter or not.


Davis had a very hard time telling if it was his daughter or not due to the fact that the video was dark and the child said not a word. But officers and detectives never ruled out any suspicions they knew that if that was not judge Davises, daughter, she was someone else's child. 


Hours after the video was dropped off a man dressed in black with a rifle walked his way up the courts and shot as many pedestrians as possible. Shortly after the shooter was gunned down. When it comes to justice, many must understand that the work of an officer and the work of those who protect justice are entangled in a triangle of misfortune. Laws were meant to serve and protect a nation like our local officials, and that is why the cooperation of the public is highly regarded, without laws nations collapse and the wrath of corruption rises. 


In the case of judge Davis, matters got complicated after they delivered the money to the location requested, a note was left right next to a dumpster indicating where the little girl was going to be. Officials rushed to the location given only to find a little boy, not Kimberly, that only let officials know one thing, that these depraved criminals moved with the same malice of the devil.


Time passed and still no signs of Kimberly, everyone close to the family including officials moved earth and mountains in the desperate attempt to find the young child but hopes were fading a year later. If justice moved the same way faith did everything in the world would be close to paradise, but as the horror of human, hunger grows the world would remain drifting in a world of injustice, making it difficult for the ones who want to live at peace with laws and their family.  


Mid-afternoon on April, 19 at 5:46 pm another cassette was left in front of the courts, before the tape was played they flew Judge Davis back to Michigan and waited upon his arrival to play the video. The minute Davis arrived in the office they told him to prepare himself because they did not know what the tape contained. Officer Carl Marcs played the video and the first image that shows up is Kimberly sitting next to a dog, she seemed distressed and malnutritioned, and somewhat disoriented a man with a black rag wrapped around his face told Davises, daughter, to wave goodbye she slightly looks up, and with almost no strength she waves goodbye. 


Not a word was said till after another five minutes into the video, seconds later the same man appears once again and requests another three million dollars for the return of the judge's daughter. The only difference was that they wanted the money to be dropped off right in front of the courts. Police and officials knew that the one and only thing they wanted everyone to know was, that they were not afraid of anyone, much less of authority. 


Officials and detectives dropped the money off at five-forty-five in the morning in front of the judicial court, said and done they picked up the money but there was no sign of the child. Officials were tired of the rat race and insisted on other strategies till a call came from the offices on the lower level of the courts, as soon as they make it to the front door they come across a black bag. 


Everybody was evacuated from the premises that is when agents against terrorism stepped in, and from that moment on their suspicions were right, inside the bag were the remains of Kimberly Regeze. The family has not been able to overcome the tragedy two years have passed and to this day none of those responsible were ever captured. 


In an unfair situation a child's life was put to an end, judge Davis replies, I lost my soul and life and there is not a law in and out the constitution that could bring my daughter back,


My condolences go out to all families that have had this tragic end on their front steps, I ask that you never forget about these criminals and never forget about their crimes or about the families they’ve ended due to their power and greed. I will do everything possible to get my daughters justice, meanwhile, I know she is at ease resting where both her mother, brothers, and I could visit, and as far as my position as a judge I was more than a judge not only did I fight for people’s rights but I made sure justice was served, therefore I will never step down and I will continue to serve my nation for justice and peace.  


A government was formed not by interest but by the principle of an act called equity, people's choices and rights were not only based on liberty and free judgment but based on social responsibility, which requires doing no harm, for its pursuit for years has been the interest of a nation. 


Let us not reject the decisions made by a body of laws, let us not ignore the work of those who tirelessly continue to defend the rights of the oppressed. Judge Davis's case has left the world paralyzed, for years he has fought for many that have been through the same if not the worst-case scenario, and still, his fair judgment does not stop lifting the ones with hope, many come from a low branch and his objective has remained the same, for years everybody deserves a fair trial. The death of his daughter has not been in vain thanks to the support of a community and the support of a judicial system that was able to free many of those captured by the Ezquibiz Cartel. 


A nation with strong leaders is still rising and thanks to our communities we all continue to build amongst the rubbles of crimes.


A nation is owed its honor and those who support its righteousness are owed their respect, thanks to leaders like judge Davis, and thousands like him we can rest at ease knowing that the judicial system does not rest till justice is done. 


A rich image of justice will forever march inside the hearts of those who follow its laws, for we shall forever remain indebted to the ones who instruct the way to the truth, may knowledge and good understanding lead us all to a better tomorrow, a tomorrow that depends on a just judge like a city depends on the ones who walk on her back. 


By:Yajaira Campana...


July 09, 2022 01:20

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.