0 comments

Drama Teens & Young Adult Fiction

There once were 3 busker’s named Wilbur, Zak, and Tommy. They played music for a living on the street for entertainment. They weren’t poor but they also weren’t rich. They were just your average brothers who loved to entertain people with their music. They would also fly around the states and countries to play their music. They wanted to save up to perform on a big stage. When a girl passed them, she caught Zak’s attention. What's wrong, Zak Wilbur asked. Nothing, Zak replied. She realized that Zak noticed her, so she went to them. "Hey, you have a good voice, what's your name," the girl asked. All 3 of the boys didn’t know which one they were talking to. "Which one of us are you talking to, Zak asked. I was asking you, she replied. Oh, I'm Zak and these are my older and younger brother Wilbur and Tommy Zak told her. Well, I'm Hannah and I would like to say you guys are amazing and I really need a performer partner and one of y’all would be great as my partner. Zak did think about taking her offer because he was the one that played the most important part of the trio. But all 3 were brothers, maybe not by blood, but he did get made fun of constantly. You're not actually going to accept this offer, are you, Zak Wilbur asked. You know what, here’s my number and you can let me know what you think Hannah told them. When the 3 brothers got home, Wilbur went off on Zak because he should of declined the offer immediately. Because they have been together for and performing for years. Zak was just standing there holding back the anger and tears because that could have finally been his chance to get the life he dreamed of. His whole life his brothers have been holding Zak back. Eventually he had enough and deafened himself and yelled back. And ran off to his room. Wilbur couldn’t believe he yelled back that wasn’t like him. So, Wilbur knocked on his door and asked if he was okay. FUCK OFF WILBUR Zak yelled. Can we pls just talk, Zak Wilbur asked. Just leave him alone and let him breathe for a bit, Tommy told Wilbur. Alright fine Wilbur replied. As Zak just lied there upset, he just knew he wanted to go and perform he was even more in love music more than Wilbur. But most people think Wilbur loves music more. And tommy just does music for the girls. Later that night Zak called the number he was given. And asked if the offer was still on the table. Hannah said yeah why of course. Well, I will accept the offer, Zak said. Alright then I will send you all the details Hannah told Zak. The next morning Zak went downstairs for breakfast and somehow Wilbur and Tommy were already downstairs. He was surprised but brushed it off and didn’t think it was odd. Wilbur was getting Zak the death stare during breakfast. Zak asked Wilbur to stop staring at him like that, but he didn’t listen Wilbur continued to stare at him. As he got up to put his dishes away Wilbur mentioned something. So, I heard you talking on the phone last night, you didn’t accept that offer right Wilbur asked. Zak knew he had to come clean. Yes, I did but I couldn’t help it my whole life yall have treated me like a side singer and put most of the work on me and I'm sick and tired of it Zak said. WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU Wilbur yelled. WELL AT LEAST I WILL I WILL BE ABLE TO FINALLY TO SHOW MY TRUE SELF INSTEAD OF HAVE TO GET YOUR APPROVAL YOUR ANNOYING IM SICK AND TIRED OF YOU BEING CONTROLING Zak yelled back in anger. CAN YALL EVER STOP FIGHTING FOR ONCE IN YOUR LIFE Tommy yelled to the both of them. Zak stormed upstairs, packed up all his stuff and left. He finally arrived at the location Hannah gave him. When Zak got to the studio he was amazed at how big and beautiful the studio was. When Hannah saw Zak walk in, she ran to him and was shocked he had even found the place. Wow Zak you made it to the studio Hannah said in exactment. Once they got all set up, they got straight to singing and recording music. Zak had never felt this alive in years he couldn't believe he was living his dream life. Somehow after work they shared a kiss. That put a smile on Hannah’s face. Zak had never actually seen a girl fall in love with him or even look him in the eyes in a love dove way. Zak and Hannah could tell they started having feelings for each other. Which made this even better for Zak. Hannah went to show Zak where he would be staying. And we he saw the size and the style he knew he was going to live his best life. Wait is this where were going to live Zak asked. Yep, we even have a recording here to Hannah replied. Zak was getting a call on his phone, and it was Wilbur he didn't know if he should answer. So, he asked Hannah if he should answer. You should Wilbur is your brother alright Hannah told Zak. So, Zak answered the phone. What the heck do you want Wilbur Zak asked. Pls come home Zak we miss you and we want you back Wilbur and Tommy pleaded. No, I'm living my life dream, and you are not going to hold me back any more don't call me again Zak told them. As much as Zak felt bad, he wasn't giving up he was always told to follow his dreams and he was finally doing just that. He wasn't letting his brothers get in the way. A few weeks past and Zak and Hannah are about to perform on stage in front of not only a lot of people but also on live TV. This was going to be a big outcome for Zak’s career. Once Zak walked on to the stage and started singing, he was having a blast. Right after his performance he went home and got a call from one of his brothers being told that they saw him on TV and was proud of where he is now. Zak never thought he would hear those words come out of Wilbur's mouth of course Zak still does not forgive his brother for holding him back but he is glad his brothers now respect his decision’s. 

September 30, 2023 19:54

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.