What's in a Nickname?

Submitted into Contest #140 in response to: Write a story inspired by a memory of yours.... view prompt

0 comments

Romance Creative Nonfiction Friendship

A decade. Ten whole years. People have known each other for less time and gotten together. What was I waiting for?

The buzzer for baggage claim sounded and I came back to the present. I was struggling to get my mind right. One of my best friends was coming to pick me up from the airport soon. My friend of ten years. My guy friend of ten years. Throughout my entire trip, we texted and called every day.

“I should have come with you,” he told me one night after I made it back to my Airbnb.

“No way,” I laughed. The guy was a straight-A student on the Dean’s list every semester. Med school was no joke and I didn’t want to interfere with his dream in any way. I loved him too much for that. I had to get a hold of myself. You can’t tell him. Not now.

“Bunny?” I’d know that nickname anywhere. I spun around fast, my elbow digging into something solid.

“Damn, Aria.” He rubbed his stomach. My eyes zeroed in on his firm midsection. Lord, give me strength.

“I’m sorry, Finn. You scared me.” I went to touch him but pulled back. “Are you okay?”

He cooed, “I’m fine, see,” he took my hand and placed it on his toned middle. I flinched and tugged my hand back, but he caught it. “You okay, Bunny?”

Shrugging, “I gotta grab my bag.”

“Don’t worry, I’ll get it.” He went to the rounder reaching for my large roller bag. His reach missed causing him to hustle through the other passengers to chase it down. Laughter burst out of me. This man was going to be the death of me. He returned with my luggage.

“Glad I could make you laugh.” The Dennis Quaid smile formed on his face. Realization set in once again. I must tell him how I feel.

However, my bravery deserted me once we were in his car. We chatted about his study schedule for a big exam he had coming up. He did most of the talking while I jumped in here and there. We arrived at his apartment complex where I left my car. He didn’t exit right away, instead, shutting the car off and turning to me.

“You were kinda quiet. I thought you would be talking nonstop about your trip.”

“Are you saying I talk too much?” It came off as if I was angry but I wasn’t. Annoyed. I was annoyed at myself. Here I was on a seesaw. Anxiety was building up and I was ready to back out. “Where are my keys?”

“Upstairs.” I exited the car and took the stairs. He hurried to follow. “Slow down.” Walking into his living room, he turned to me. “What’s wrong, Bunny?”

“Stop calling me Bunny.” I felt bad getting irritated with him. He had been calling me that since we met sophomore year in undergrad. He was a witness to me always running around on my way somewhere, trying not to be late.

“I hate Alice in Wonderland,” I muttered.

“What?”

“Nothing. It’s getting late so—” A framed picture on the far wall stopped me from continuing. I went to get a closer look. It wasn’t just any picture, it was my first award-winning watercolor painting, A house on the marsh. He was so proud of me and loved the painting so much that he begged (though there was no need) to keep it and frame it. “You still have it.”

“Of course. Told you it was a masterpiece.” His whispered words were in my ear. When did he get so close to me? I could feel the heat coming off his body.

“I need to tell you something.” My courage had returned. I wanted to take a chance. Turning to him we came face to face. I never loved or wanted a person so much. He studied my face before closing his eyes and stepping back.

“It is getting late.” His voice was now rough. I stood there confused. All of a sudden his mood changed. He placed my keys on the coffee table. I walked to grab them and he immediately crossed to the other side of the room.

“I know I should get going but,” I sat on the edge of the table, “Listen, Finn, I’ve been thinking…” I looked at him and he had a face like thunder. Words left me. A heavy silence ensued. My heartbeat went into overdrive. Run!

“I’m sorry. I’m such a dingus. You need to study, don’t you?” I rambled. His look softened but his body was stiff, hands stuffed in his pockets. I stood, defeated.

“Aria.” Him using my real name was like a command. I started for the front door. “Stop,” he moved quickly towards me and I retreated backward. 

“Finn?” His mouth was suddenly on mine, my face enveloped in his large hands. The kiss bruising but passionate. We finally parted. “I should go,” I whispered breathlessly. His lips found mine again. He kissed me deeper as if he was trying to devour me.

Pulling back, breathing hard, he spoke, “Do you really want to go?” I shook my head, my eyes focused on his chest. I couldn’t look at him. What was happening right now? He took my chin in his hand and lifted my face so our eyes met. “Bunny, I need to hear you say it. Do you want to leave?”

“No. No, I don’t.” I took the initiative this time, rising on my toes. With a moan, he put his arms around me, lifting me. I immediately wrapped my legs around his waist. He backed us against the wall, pushing my dress up. His hands grasped my thighs holding me open for him. I let out a whine causing him to grind his erection against my center. Tugging my mouth away, “Oh my god.”

Turning his attention to my neck, he left open mouth kisses up to my ear where he whispered huskily, “Are you wet for me, Bunny?” Laying another soft kiss on my neck I couldn’t respond.

I gave a shaky nod.

Another grind but harder. “Use your words.” He gave me a jostle, pushing me firmer into the wall. My underwear was yanked to one side as his fingers ran up my slit.

“Shh-it,” I stuttered.

“Mm-hmm.” He slipped a finger inside. “You’re dripping.” Then another one. The moan that escaped me was loud but smothered as he kissed my lips again. His fingers stroked my insides as his tongue tangled with mine. My underwear, still in his grasp, gave way, ripping.

“Finn…”

“Tell me,” he pumped his fingers faster.

“Please.”

“Please what?”

I whimpered desperately.

“What did I say? Use your words.”

“I want…” The craving was so strong but so was my embarrassment, which only made me more aroused. His fingers stilled.

“What do you want? Tell me and I’ll give it to you.”

“I want you. I-I need…you.”

The sound of a zipper was my only warning. We locked eyes as he pushed inside of me, taking my breath away.

“Bunny?” he caressed my cheek, “Aria, breathe, baby.” I exhaled. He slowly withdrew and thrust again. My mouth fell open, no sound coming out. He found his rhythm and set a pace. My climax hit me unexpectedly causing my nails to dig in his shoulders. “Fuck! You’re so sensitive.” He sped up the tempo. My bare backside continuously bumped against the wall.

“Yes. Yes, yes,” I wept.

He pushed my legs wider, driving himself deeper. I gasped. A tingle began at my toes before traveling up to my gut like a streak of lighting. My hold on him tightened as my second climax took hold. I was pulled in tighter to his chest as he found his own. Cradled in his arms, I went limp and my head rested on his shoulder as a single tear escaped.

I awoke, hating myself for having yet another erotic dream about Finn. Having yet to confess my feelings had my subconscious on a rampage. I pushed my face into the pillow groaning. A strong arm encircled my waist and I froze. Wait a minute.

“You okay, Bunny?” He lay there shirtless, the sheets dangerously low on his hips. I quickly averted my eyes. “How are you feeling? I wasn’t too rough with you, was I?”

I turned to him fully, my muscles protesting in the best way. “No. I…liked it.”

He gave me his memorable smile before pulling me into his arms.

April 08, 2022 03:09

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.