0 comments

Mystery Romance Crime

It’s 8 pm and people slowly start entering tonight’s event. Most people have an invite, a black credit card shaped invite, with gold lettering, but some are allowed to enter without showing any credentials. These are the VIP guests, although lesser known among the journalists and photographers. Alighting from a limousine, a tall man with short gray hair and thin glasses appears. He seems to take a different route, going behind the journalists and photographers and slipping into a side entrance to the building. Who could he be? Maybe someone significant?

The event was set up as a fundraiser by a national TV station, which meant that a lot of famous actors and TV presenters were making their appearance. Amongst these famous actors was Sebastian Sterling, an upcoming actor from English descent, who was already making an profound impact on the American television screens and cinema’s. He mainly played roles in thriller movies and has made a couple of comedy’s. Currently, Mr. Sterling is working on a romance. Sebastian is a good-looking gentleman, around 5’ 9” with blonde hair and a defined jawline. Sebastian has made both the English and American accent his home, which makes it very easy for him to star in movies in America and his motherland. Off-screen, Sebastian is quiet and mysterious, but on-screen he is mostly portraying slick, confident men. Either way, Sebastian is affectionally regarded by the ladies.

Tonight’s fundraiser was arranged to blow life back into the big screen. As it was found in the last few years; the cinema’s have been rarely frequented compared to what it used to be. Of course, it is easier for filmmakers to distribute their work digitally but there is something about watching the art of videography on the big screen. That feeling of anticipation for the latest blockbuster, planning the night with your friends or family, and not to forget; the pre-film nibbles. Entire communities seem to have lost their touch and enjoyment in this sociable event. Well, the professionals have put their acting on hold for tonight, and are genuinely attempting to breathe life back into their craft.

As the night reaches it’s climax, the awards of Best Actor and Best Film, tonight’s fundraiser has a surprise award waiting. 7 cinema’s will be awarded with the Best Screen Award, which is an attempt to get people interested in going to the cinema’s again. As Sebastian is conversing with some of his friends and colleagues, the tall, gray man appears from behind a small crowd. He seems to be looking for something, and not long after his appearance, it becomes clear he was looking for someone. The man stops and speaks to a female colleague of Sebastian with whom he has made on of the comedy films. Sebastian notices the interaction but can’t hear what they’re talking about. The female colleague is Pamela Sorell, a stunning redhead, with legs reaching for the ceiling. She was about the same age as Sebastian and during the filming of their movie, she made it appear as if she took a liking to Sebastian. As a matter of fact, she noticed him tonight too.

Sebastian tried to read the lips of the people around the tall, gray man and it seemed that they spelled Alistair. Sebastian still couldn’t hear what was being said, but he was curious now to who this person is. Once the man had left again, Sebastian decided to talk to Pamela, who he called Pam. Sebastian asked Pam how she was and if she would like a drink. Pam said that she was fine and that she would love to have a drink with him. Sebastian complemented Pam on her beautiful deep blue dress, with pearls around her neck, and he could see that his complements made her blush. After a pleasant chat, Sebastian asked Pam who the tall, gray man was. Pam suddenly changed her facial expression to something more serious and said: “Oh that is Alistair, he’s just a producer. Someone we should look up to.” Pamela then left to make use of the restroom. Sebastian was a little excited with his lipreading abilities, but he couldn’t remember this producer, or figure out if he knew him from somewhere. Even so, Sebastian was even more puzzled about Pam’s second statement; that we should look up to him.

The awarding has started. People are clapping for the other people’s wins, and Sebastian decides to get up and walk around. He goes backstage to find some of his friends, who went walking about half an hour earlier, when Sebastian hears Alistair and Pamela from behind a black curtain. Sebastian stops in his tracks and keeps himself very quiet. He hears Alistair tell Pamela that she did a good thing by not telling Sebastian what was planned for tonight, and that everything is order to kill cinema forever. What he hears, puts the entire night in jeopardy

Alistair and Pamela part their ways and Sebastian quickly hides behind an equipment trunk. Sebastian follows Pamela to a dressing room, and just before she closes the door, Sebastian puts his body through and shuts the door behind him. Pamela, now shocked of Sebastians sudden appearance, asks Sebastian what he is doing in the dressing room. Sebastian still tries to hide the fact that he knows, and casually makes conversation. Pamela then says to Sebastian: “It’s okay, I could smell your cologne from behind the curtain. It’s very English.” She has a smile on her face but then continues to tell Sebastian: “You weren’t supposed to find out this way. I like you, Sebastian and I want you to know that I didn’t want you to find out.” Sebastian now shocked too and asks Pamela what she is talking about. Pamela explains that Alistair has bought a major streaming service, but this was kept a secret. She proceeds to explain that people need to stop going to the cinema’s in order for his streaming service to succeed. Sebastian doesn’t like the sound of this but he wonders and asks Pamela what her take in this is.

Pamela doesn’t want to tell Sebastian. What will Sebastian do now?

May 17, 2024 17:54

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | Illustration — We made a writing app for you | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.