0 comments

Fiction

Welcome to the Land of Roses, where everything from the mountains, to the sky, to the homes, to the trees, to the animals are covered in pink. As far as the eye can see the Land of Roses is a dreamland for those who live here.

The unicorns, magical and beautiful are the protectors of the land. Gentle and kind they possess great power used to protect the Land of Roses. Mystique greatest of the protector's flies high over the land, to those down below their smiles are bigger than ever.

The Land of Roses is filled with smiles and laughter. Playful as ever, dancing with grace are the little fairies. The fairies led by their queen Cassia are the gentlest, most kindness creatures in all the land.

Today in the Land of Roses a happy celebration is taking place filled with all the roses in the land. Cassia the fairy queen will summon the protectors to join the happy celebration.

The fairies dancing along to the music are hanging up the decorations, setting out all the games and who can forget the food and dessert.

Fairies from throughout the land are making their way to the castle. As they come into the castle they are greeted by Cassia. The fairies enter the castle and begin to dance. Some of the other fairies begin to play the games. Everyone is having so much fun. Now it's time for Cassia to summon the protectors.

Cassia stands in the middle of the castle grounds. She lifts her wand in the air and says "Mystique, greatest of all the protectors honor us with your presences, fill the sky with your beauty.

A show of magnificent beauty appears. Mystique and the protectors appear. They descend form the sky in wonder leaving behind beautiful rainbows.

Cassia and the fairies watch in awe at their beautiful protectors. Mystique and the protectors land in the castle grounds. Cassia thanks for coming.

The fairies line up to touch Mystique and the protectors. Their essences flow through the fairies and fills the castle with love and hope.

The fairies and the protectors are having the time of their lives when all of a sudden a loud scream fills the castle. Cassia and the protectors run to see what's happening.

One of the fairies name Melody points to the sky. Cassia, Mystique and the protectors look up to the sky. They see a darkness coming from the east. Mystique sends the protectors to the castle to protect the fairies.

Mystique in all her gracefulness bends down for Cassia to get on. Cassia gets on top of Mystique. She holds on tight as Mystique begins to run. Her beautiful wings open and up into the sky they go.

Mystique flies over the Land of Roses to the east where the darkness is taking root. As Mystique is flying, she suddenly stops. Cassia almost falls but she gets back on. Cassia pets Mystique's head calming her down.

In a hear-beat of a second Mystique turns around and flies away from the darkness. She flies high into the sky trying to out run the darkness. She flies and lands in the protector's realm.

In another heart-beat of a second Mystique begins to talk which stuns Cassia. "Fair queen Cassia a terrible darkness has descended over your kingdom. My power alone and that of the protectors are not enough to defeat the darkness. I will need your power and that of the fairies to defeat the darkness."

Cassia in all her grace as queen tells Mystique "We will defeat the darkness together."

The darkness came like a storm enveloping the Land Of Roses. The darkness took everything and everyone turning the once beautiful land into a dark black world.

The castle is the only light in the land and the only light being protected by the protectors. The protectors surround the castle throwing light at the darkness. It only works for a short while then the darkness returns attempting to get into the castle.

Inside the castle the fairies are watching the darkness take away their beautiful land. They watch the protectors fight the darkness but the darkness returns more stronger and powerful with each passing minute.

In the sky above Mystique and Cassia are making their way back. The darkness is trying to reach them. Mystique uses her great power and in a flash she lands on the castle grounds.

Cassia gets off and runs to the castle. She is greeted by the fairies. Outside Mystique and the protectors form a barrier to keep the darkness away.

Mystique enters the castle leaving the protectors to guard the castle. Mystique begins to tell Cassia and the fairies about the darkness. The fairies are awe when Mystique begins to talk.

"Long ago when the Land of Roses began to become inhabited by the fairies and other creatures, We swore an oath to protect the land and its residents. But there was among us who was selfish and greedy. She wanted the land for herself. She wanted to wipe out the fairies and the creatures. She unleashed the darkness and wiped everything in the east. It was with our combined power, fairies and protectors that we were able to save this land. Now we need to save this land once again."

Cassia and the fairies are left stunned. Cassia turns to the fairies and tells them "Our land is in danger. We must fight to protect our home."

Mystique looks out of the window. She sees the darkness creeping closer and closer. "We need to act fast. She's coming." Cassia nods. Cassia task Ember with gathering the fairies in the great hall. Meanwhile Mystique and Cassia are going deep into the bowels of the castle.

As they are walking Mystique bends over in pain. Cassia goes to her but she stops her. "I'm okay. Let's keep moving." They continue on. "I didn't know this existed." Cassia says. Mystique guides Cassia to a hollow door. Cassia carefully opens the door. Mystique is too big to fit through the door so she instructs Cassia to go down the narrow steps and into a hollow room. In the room is the wand of the realm.

Cassia does as Mystique tells her to do. Cassia goes down the steps and enters the room. She grabs the wand and goes back to Mystique.

Mystique and Cassia hurriedly head to the great hall. Ember has gathered the fairies. The protectors are battling the darkness to no avail.

The darkness has broken through the barrier. Mystique calls the protectors. They come rushing into the great hall. The darkness is engulfing the castle.

A piercing voice is heard. "Mystique, you can't stop me. This land is mine and so are you." Cassia and the fairies look at Mystique.

"She's close Mystique." Mystique nods. She takes the wand and instructs Cassia to spread the fairies throughout the great hall. Mystique does the same to the protectors.

Mystique lifts the wand of the realm in the air. She instructs the fairies and the protectors to do the same. Cassia and the fairies lift their wands in the air.

The darkness is outside of the great hall. "It's coming in." One of the fairies screams. Mystique yells "Is everybody ready?" They yell back yes.

"Lift your wands in the air." Out of the corner of her eye Mystique sees the one who betrayed the protectors. "Repeat after me."

"Light of light protect this land from the darkness. Protect those that are kind and generous. Rid the land of darkness and bring light to where the darkness has taken root."

In one swift move Mystique points the wand of the realm at her betrayer. She tells Cassia, the fairies and the protectors to do the same.

The hall lights up. Swirls of light flow throughout the room and straight into the betrayer destroying the darkness once and for all. "It's done. The darkness is gone for good." Mystique huffs out. Cassia and the fairies jump for joy. The protectors join in the celebration.

The Land of Roses to the west and east is lively once again. Singing and dancing, laughter and smiles engulf the land once again.

Mystique is in the castle grounds, she looks up into the sky as her eyes slowly turn dark.

July 26, 2023 23:37

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.