1 comment

Science Fiction

There it was, the final showdown. I was too scared to shoot my gun. I really felt for the zombie’s families. It was their planet after all. Was there any way we could make friends? The ISS missile was approaching. What should I do? Captain Star was dead. It was the worst expedition ever. I didn’t know what to do. 

It all started on a sunny morning on the ISS. In the ISS (International Space Station) It was a day meant for relaxation. Today was anniversary day. It was the 55th of the ISS flying over planet Earth. I was on the ship on that day. I thought it would be a day full of relaxation. Maybe a few hiccups; none too big though. We woke up at 7 a.m. PST to start the day. The cabin was cheerful and excited for what was coming forward. Most excited though was the ship’s captain, Captain Star. 

On the beautiful morning we were putting up decorations. All of a sudden I felt a vibration. I was terrified. My phone buzzed suddenly. Before even looking at the notification I asked my colleagues if they felt it too.” Yes, What is it? Wait a moment my phone is buzzing”, said Jezreel, my best friend. I looked at the notification. It read, “Aliens, Zombies and Space monsters now reality!” I read the article. I got it from my daily special Astronaut feed. It said that the aliens were about to attack. An expedition was to be carried out by all the members of the ISS. It was named “OPERATION ALIEN”. It said that we were the saviours of the planet. We would have to fight. The ISS was now, temporarily, renamed to MSC ( Military Space Center)

We packed up and we knew that we were now the soldiers of the world. I was one of the very few who were scared to lose their life. I was the only one who did not spend time in the military. I was given a job by NASA because of my thinking and smartness skills. I was afraid to go. I was rushed by Captain Staar. He gave me direct orders and permission to fly and kill the aliens and whatever else that I find that may be a threat to humankind. With me was my best friend Captain Star and the main general of the US Navy SEALs. We were approaching the planet. We could see that the planet, named Bolanisa, was red in colour and approximately as big as planet Mars. 

We could see that we were in luck. The Aliens were only packing yet and not even ready to leave. This however helped us to have the element of surprise. I was ready with my sword and my AK-40 in my hands. The gun was made only for us special troops. When we landed we had to jog for 500 metres to reach where they were. We had to be quick. Sadly, They saw us coming and everyone there was armed. There were about 10 Aliens. And there were only four people on our side. There was blood shed everywhere. A brutal battle had begun. I was still scared at this point. I shot 1 Alien. Then another and another and another. I killed 7 Aliens. Sadly Everyone on the Human side was dead except me.

There it was, the final showdown. I was too scared to shoot my gun. I really felt for the zombie’s families. It was their planet after all. Was there any way we could make friends? The ISS missile was approaching. What should I do? Captain Star was dead. It was the worst expedition ever. I didn’t know what to do. I had to shoot because I was ordered to. I tried to talk to the Alien but he didn’t want to hear it. I had no choice. I opened fire on it. He opened fire on me. In the end I won the fire fight. It still sends chills down my spine till today. Now I am known as Elon Musk. I was awarded billions of dollars for my bravery. Today I live a life of peace. Will it stay that way though? That, I didn’t know!

I finally woke up one day. I looked through the window hoping for another peaceful day! I didn’t want any attention. The day’s schedule was to go to have Breakfast with the Queen of England. Then Lunch with Barack Obama and then have a briefing at the NASA Headquarters at Houston. You might think it was a packed day but for me it was a day for relaxation. I looked at the time. It was only 5 a.m but my private jet left at 6 a.m. I was shocked. I was late. I rushed to stuff random thing into my suitcase then later remembering that I didn’t need anything for breakfast. I had wasted 30 minutes just doing something useless!

I rushed for the airport luckily my garage was filled with hundreds of cars! I decided to use my SSC Tautara. It is the fastest car in the world. Anyway I jumped in the multi million dollar car and ramped my way to the airport. Once I had achieved to enter my jet without getting recognised I asked the pilot to go at full speed! The queen has something about punctuality. Once I landed I took a limo to the palace and greeted the queen. I tried to bow to her but before I could do anything at all she told me that Breakfast was getting cold so we better rush.

After the queen and I wined and dined I left the facility as quick as possible. I took a glance at my watch and I realised it was already 10 o’clock. I was late like hell! There was no speeding into Washington DC. There was no way I could make it. Suddenly pocket started vibrating. Sweat ran down forehead. It was the ex-president himself. He told that he had something come up so there was no lunch! What a relief. I went home. Out of a sudden again my phone buzzed. It was either Tim Cook or either NASA. I put a special ringtone on both of these contacts I can’t seen to remember which is which though! It was NASA! I supposed the there was new intel on the latest alien foundation but nope. The briefing was cancelled. I was as happy as a boy getting a PS5. You could say I was not only on cloud nine but I was on cloud 10! I was free! I could do What I wanted! I spent the rest of the day dedicated to answering fan queries and doing Q&A live streams. “I can’t believe what happens after you save the human society.” That was what I would imagine about when I was a kid. Now well it is my reality. I guess you never know until you try.

March 11, 2022 08:29

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

1 comment

Mae R
16:52 Mar 14, 2022

Whoa. What a ride. Pretty funny, though I wish it could've been longer in some parts

Reply

Show 0 replies

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.