0 comments

Coming of Age

(This is not for the contest, and has pretty much nothing to do with the prompt. Also, I know I write a lot of fiction, but this is not one of those times!)

So, I am fully aware that I have not posted on here in a very long time. Probably a year, maybe more or less. I'm really sorry! I wanted to post, and this will explain everything, but please hear me out! Let me explain everything, and share some better news at the end.

About this time two years ago I was in the theater and doing a musical. And then I had nothing to do after the musical. So I decided to try writing on here, and it was basically my life mission to write one here five times a week on time. That was, for a few months at least. I had to take a summer hiatus because I had to leave everything at home and go for a few weeks.

Long story short, I loved having that summer break because i discovered that the people I was surrounding myself with were really bad and having a really negative affect on me. I was in a bunch of really bad friendships, and I was trying to keep a smile on my face, which only made me feel worse. I was likely really upset, and the people I was "friends" with were only making it worse and hurting me even more. One day, I realized that.

So I got rid of the negativity, and started my next grade in school. And when I tell you guys how much I loved my last grade, I really did with all of my heart. I got one of the leading roles in the next show. I lived it up. And I got a bunch of new friends, kept the good old ones, and was doing so much better. Honestly, it was so much better. Writing had become an outlet for me, and I relied on it so much. It was the only thing that kept me afloat sometimes. And letting go of it to focus on myself and the real world around me was something I needed to do.

It was one of my favorite grades ever. And guess what? I had no more access to my school computer from home. They had carts of computers. And I won't lie, it was one of the worst systems in the whole world. And did they ask the students or teachers if it would work? No. So guess what? Crummy school wide used computers for us. And my options were: write at home on my phone and hope that it saves, write one another platform and then control paste it over, hoping that nothing went wrong, or just not write and not have to worry about it.

Maybe it was selfish, but there were not too many possibilities. In fact, there were only possibilities for me to continue that required a whole lot of me, and hope. Not gonna lie. While technology is great, it's also not that great. So, I felt a little trapped. I had to choose me. And I'm sorry if that was a little selfish, but trust me, I feel much better I picked that option, and maybe I'm a bit more refreshed.

And there was no real possible way for me to write at home or at school, because all my progress would be deleted, or I wouldn't have time. Simply put, I couldn't write. So, I had to write my last "story" as an apology. And every so often I would look at my profile. (BTW: thank you so much to my followers, even if I wasn't writing!) Not often, but I missed it every once in a while. And I wrote a short book on space, so if you want a little bit of that, please comment or like this for that! It will probably be a series because I wrote about thirty pages of it.

I graduated and had a temporary move away, seven hours from where I currently live. I had no access to a computer at all where I was, so I didn't even get to check sometimes. And then I moved back here, and spent a bunch of time with my family. Did I mention that I'm a cheerleader now? Yeah, so practice for that. Went to a UCA camp, which was very fun.

I came back to where I live. Practice, games. I hung out and enjoyed the last few days of summer. (Boy, it was pretty hot!) And about two weeks of that, school started back up for me. And I got a take home and school computer. So I figured I could probably start writing a little bit of time again.

Now, please note that unless you want me to post my non-fiction work, I'm not going to post as much as I was until probably the end of the year. But, I will try to do as much as I can. Try to bear with me, because I have practice near everyday, and games other times. Not to forget that on top of that I have school, and friends and family that take precedence a lot of the time.

On top of all that, I would like to say that I don't have too much written. I have a couple of texts of mine saved, but not that many. I wrote a bunch of songs though, so if you want me to post the lyrics to the songs you can ask in the comments. Over the time I took a hiatus I really tried to focus on my music, and I read a lot. Those were really what I did, so unless you want me to post a couple of article-like essay paragraphs, I don't have too much to post. So a lot of this will be original.

Thank you so much! I'm really sorry I didn't get to post at all this past year, but I am going to try harder, and if you want me to write anything or the non-fiction work I will post it! Please comment if you have any ideas or likes/comment if you want the non-fiction work. Non-fiction is about astronomy and space.

September 08, 2023 19:55

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.