The Rotten Apple

Submitted into Contest #63 in response to: Write about two characters going apple picking.... view prompt

1 comment

Middle School

One day, in the afternoon on October 28th, there was a class known to be obnoxiously loud.  It was the third grade class. The teacher sent two students, Tachi and Bridgette to go apple picking to make some apple pie.  The two students headed outside to the school’s apple tree garden.

¨So, should we get red apples or green apples?¨said Bridgette.

¨Let’s get the rotten apples, because they describe my soul,¨ said Tachi

¨Ummm, no.  I feel like we should get half and half,¨ replied Bridgette.

¨Guys, Ms. Holmes said to hurry up!¨ said Hunter, yelling from the classroom.

They headed inside, and washed the apples.  Time went by so fast that they didn’t realize that school was about to be over.

¨Okay kids, tomorrow we will continue working on making apple pies,¨ said Ms. Holmes.

Some kids went on bikes and buses and others got picked up by their parents.  

It was already the next day and the time to go to school.  The students had their basic classes, such as math, science, English, and social studies.  Then they got to work on the apple pies.  Tachi, the weird kid, decided she should do something unusual.  She decided to use her powers to mess with the decorations that were on the wall.

¨Oh my goodness, I need my mommy, I´m scared,¨ said Alyssa.

¨It's okay guys, let's just chill.  It sure is spooky season,¨ said Ms. Holmes.

¨Look at my unicorn, it flies,¨ said Mary.

¨Mary, you´re not cool, my pumpkin is spinning in the sky making farting sounds,¨ said Josh.

Tachi was standing there and making all the decorations go even more crazy.  There was a flying bat pulling on Bridgette's hair, a turkey chasing Daniel, a zombie that wouldn´t stop following Richard, a bloody witch yelling at Kodie,a frankenstein poking Dakota´s nose, a ghost that keeps scaring Jose, a skeleton that keeps dancing in front of Jeffery, and a vampire that is spitting spit balls at Hunter.  Mary and Alyssa were crying in the corner.  Then there was one kid left unbothered, his name was Cole.  Tachi was scared of him and knew she wouldn't want to mess with him.  So she just decided to torture the other kids.

¨Our school is haunted!!!¨ said Josh.

¨We need to calm down and maybe this will stop,¨ said Ms. Holmes.

¨You idiots need to shut up and actually calm down,¨ said Tachi.

¨Well, geez, you don't have to be mean,¨ said Bridgette.

Tachi, the special kid with the magical powers, decided to show them what she can do. They were scared at first and then they were amazed.

¨That’s so cool, how did you do that?¨ asked Kodie.

¨None of your beeswax, Kodie,¨ replied Tachi.

¨Hey now, no need to be rude to your peers,¨ said Ms. Holmes.

¨Sorry, it's just this class is annoying,¨ said Tachi.

Tachi then picked up every student and made them fly.  Some were yelling and others were crying.  Mostly the Hunter kid was crying.  Surprisingly the teacher did not mind anything, she let all happen, because she actually enjoyed it.  School was soon to be over and the students were packing up.

¨Y’all better not tell anyone about this, or I will shove pencils up your nose and make them come out the other end,¨ said Tachi sarcastically.

They all obeyed and some had scared looks on their faces.  Now, before we get more into the story.  Tachi is not an actual human being, she is a leprechaun.  She has the ability to shape shift to her one human look and a leprechaun.  No one knows that she can do this, not even her mom or family.  The only thing that the class knows is that she has magical powers.  She also has this very evil plan that she is planning to do on Halloween.  Hours passed and it was midnight, and she was practicing how to shape shift into a mosquito.  Why a mosquito? you ask, because she wants to collect as much blood so she can make a blood park, similar to a waterpark.

It was morning, another day to go to school.  The day before Halloween.

¨Good Morning class, today we are going to talk about the safety rules of trick-or-treating,¨ said Ms. Holmes.

The class complained but they had to deal with it.  They were now finished, and had extra time before lunch.  Alyssa asked Tachi if she could show them more tricks.  Tachi was thinking on what to do, until a light bulb popped on the top of her head and she decided to smack Jeffery in the head with a ruler and told them no that they will have to wait for tomorrow.  The class got a bit upset but they got over it.  It was time for lunch, they all went and got their pizza.  Tachi was bored and needed to spice some stuff up so she made a pizza fly and smacked Richard in the face with it.  He started crying; some of the boys in the class were nice enough to go to the bathroom with him and they helped him get cleaned up.  Lunch was now over and a couple hours had passed, and there was 30 minutes left of school.  They decided to work on their constructive paper designs, but nothing magical happened.  School was now over, and everyone headed home, some went to go pick up costumes.  

¨Tachi, what do you want to be for Halloween?¨ her mom said.

¨I want to be a leopard chain,¨ Tachi replied.

¨ Want to go get your costume?¨ her mom said.

¨No, that won't be necessary.  I have it made,¨ Tachi said.

¨Oh okay, that's good,¨ her mom replied.

It was already the next morning, which was Halloween.  Students went to school with their costumes on.  Some were scary, some not so scary.  They all went into the classroom, and asked Tachi if they could show them her tricks.  She said later, and that they will have to be a little more patient.  The teacher gathered supplies for them to eat some apple pie.  Tachi decided to be a little more violent.  She stabbed every kid with a fork in the eye and cracked their necks.  She was finally done with her evil plan, and decided to go to the apple tree and eat the oldest and most rotten apple.

October 15, 2020 19:28

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

1 comment

Unknown User
10:57 Oct 22, 2020

<removed by user>

Reply

Show 0 replies

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.