Goodbye..., Liar, The Sign To Isengard (Three texts) :)

Written in response to: Start your story with someone saying “Thanks a lot” (sarcastically or sincerely).... view prompt

1 comment

Drama Fiction Suspense

*These three stories combined together.


Goodbye…


I had no idea this would happen, let me explain, after I relaxed myself after that month…


1st of May


It was a casual day, I was walking to work, when a man wearing a business suit came to me and showed me a velvet coloured origami cube, also an azure tinted origami bird. He explained to me that I needed to land the bird onto the cube. I tried for half an hour or so and finally got it. I was hoping for money, but instead he gave me a box, clad with gold and patterned with a glorious wave. Inside the box was a ticket, saying PSR, I had no idea what it stood for, so I just said ok and thank you, then left.


13th of May


I woke up...in...a car? It was a jet-black Tesla Model 3 and I was stuck in a cage behind the car. I tried calling out to the drivers, but they ignored me, so I decided to continue deciphering PSR. Proper Surgery Reservation? Patched Shoes Resort? No, it can’t be.


20th of May


I suddenly woke up clad in blue, in a room that looked simple, but I did not know what would happen next…


A man in a black suit, with a white mask, told us that we are the fourth team out of the four teams in the mansion. He also told us that we would have to escape a room. I realised that I had to win, or else...death.


I first had a sharp look around the room, and found a a script, along with a code scraped onto the sharded wood on the bookcase, I ripped a bit of the paper, and wrote the code down, I then went to a telephone box, and to my surprise there was a red card, I used the card to see the posters, and on one of the posters, the word lost was on the third poster. I also wrote down the word on the paper. I then found a box that needed a letter code and a number code. With that, I typed in lost for the letter code and the number code, then the box opened.


22nd Of May


Everyone else in my team was brought out by many men in black suits, they said they were going to the whirlpool...they would die.




Then, there was a person in gold. He brought me to the other winners of the other rooms, we would have a match in PSR, and just at that moment I realized PSR standard for Paper Scissors Rock. I tied, tied, yes I won my first round! Out of the blue, I felt sudden guilt, he was being brought to the whirlpool. Goodbye…


This was the finals, I could not lose, although the other person would die, I had to win. 


“Goodbye…”


“Goodbye…”


------He died.


1st Of June


Yes, that was the story of that month, it was truly horrible...


Liar


"Liar” those cursed words emanated in my head, spinning, vibrating. Like a whirlpool of doom, I cursed. 


‘Thanks a lot.” I was used to lying. 24/7 now. Ever since the fight, Leo would not stop calling me liar. Here is how it all started.


It was a breezy day, when out of the blue the luminous sun was blocked out. I knew exactly what was happening, it was my invention, someone was messing with it. I called the nearest cab, and jumped in, told them the location and I was off.


No...It couldn't be, Leo and I were as thick a thieves, I told him it was my invention and that was the first time he said "Liar"


This was a crime, on the 4th of September 2023, tomorrow, it would be sold to the National Museum of Canberra, worst of all he would get all of the credit.


I could not do anything...


4TH OF SEPTEMBER 2024


Today was astonishing, I was thinking of-of...of-of...death. Until, today. What happened was just, just incredible, impossible, I was stacked with words. There was proof that I created the sun blocker, there was a signature printed underneath the wheel of the machine. Leo though, had to go to jail...


I felt guilty, but I knew it had to be done, when he committed fraud, he had to go to jail, he had to go, he had to go, he had to go...


He took one last look at the luminosity of the sun, the craters in the moon, our lavish world, Goodbye Liar...



         The Sign To Isengard


As I sauntered through the Fangorn Forest, I came upon a rather odd sign. It had written up, THE ROAD TO ISENGARD. I thought of what Isengard would be like and who would be there? Just in case Isengard is dangerous, I brought some weapons to help me out on my quest. 


The anxiety in my body was so uncontrollable and my head was telling me to turn back. Shivers down my spine frightened me as the dark sky grew darker, I felt drowsier and more weary every step I took. Suddenly, I heard an uproar of screams, not one scream, but many. It sounded like many cups scraping on a desk, killing my ears.


I knew I was heading to Isengard, it did not seem like a lovely place to me, so I drew out my blade and walked stealthily to the edges of Fangorn Forest. I prepared myself and stepped into the lands of Isengard. 


The dark place was filled with pollution, as dark as the night sky of the underground tunnels. It had one tower in the middle of Isengard as tall as the tallest mountain. This tower seemed to be empty, so I walked in. Step by step my anxiety grew, turning back seemed like the best idea. “Who dares to walk the tower of Orthanc” ?A stern voice boomed as a man dressed all in white appeared in the edge of darkness. I held out my blade getting prepared to fight, but suddenly, an old man came out. I started chuckling like never before, until this old man brought out a black staff with a white ball attached to the core.


I was frightened, he looked at me sternly and boomed “ HOW DARE YOU WALK IN MY TOWER”. I held my sword stiffly and I went at him. BOOM! I fell back in a flash as he shot a spell at me. I thought for a moment and got my answer. I went for the core of his staff and cut through it. Instantaneously, the old man disintegrated, and suddenly trees, plants and flowers bloomed in Isengard, covering the dark dust and dirt. All of a sudden, the dark clouds wandered away, and bright clouds hovered over Isengard. Darkness has not prevailed.









November 24, 2021 10:06

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

1 comment

10:12 Nov 24, 2021

By the way, this was not submitted into a contest, as it is three stories.

Reply

Show 0 replies
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.