0 comments

Horror Friendship Coming of Age

The room was silent except for the sound of the rain hitting the windowpane. The only light came from the flickering candle on the table between them. The man across from her, who introduced himself only as The Collector, had a sinister smile on his face as he leaned forward, his eyes never leaving hers.

"You have heard of me, yes?" he asked, his voice low and menacing. "I collect stories, stories of fear, of terror, of the unknown. And you, my dear, are going to give me a story."

The woman's heart was racing as she looked into The Collector's eyes. She knew that she had no choice but to comply. If she didn't, she would suffer the same fate as all the others who had crossed The Collector and failed to give him what he wanted.

"Very well," she said, taking a deep breath. "I will tell you a story. But you must promise me that you will let me go once I have finished."

The Collector's smile grew wider as he leaned back in his chair. "Of course, my dear. I always keep my promises."

The woman cleared her throat and began to speak. "Once upon a time, there was a small village nestled in the heart of the forest. The villagers lived a peaceful life, free from fear and danger. But one day, a stranger came to the village. He was a tall, imposing figure with a hooded cloak that covered his face.

The stranger told the villagers that he was a storyteller, and that he had a tale to share with them. The villagers welcomed him with open arms, eager to hear his story. But as he began to speak, a strange thing happened. The villagers found themselves unable to leave, trapped in the village square, listening to the stranger's tale.

The stranger told them of a curse that had befallen the village, a curse that could only be lifted if someone listened to his tale and passed it on to another. The villagers were horrified, for they knew that if they failed to keep the tale alive, the curse would never be lifted and the village would be lost forever.

Years passed, and the tale was passed down from generation to generation, always being told to a new listener. But one day, a young woman refused to listen to the tale. She was tired of hearing the same story over and over again, and she thought it was nothing more than an old wives' tale.

The curse descended upon the village with a vengeance, and the young woman was forced to flee. She was pursued by the shadow of the hooded stranger, who told her that if she did not continue the tale, she would suffer the same fate as the villagers.

And so, the young woman traveled from village to village, telling the tale to anyone who would listen. She told the tale in taverns and in homes, in fields and in forests. She told the tale to anyone who would listen, for she knew that if she failed, the curse would catch up with her and she would be lost forever.

And that, my dear, is the tale of the cursed village."

The Collector sat in silence for a moment, his eyes never leaving the woman's face. And then, with a smile, he leaned forward.

"Very good," he said. "Very good indeed. But now it is my turn. I have a tale to tell, a tale of fear and terror. And you, my dear, are going to listen."

The woman's heart raced as The Collector began to speak, his voice low and menacing. She knew that if she did not listen, she would suffer the same fate as the villagers in the story she just told. And so, she listened, her eyes wide with fear as The Collector's tale unfolded.

"Once upon a time," he began, "there was a man who was cursed with the ability to see the fear in others. He traveled the world, searching for those who were filled with fear, and he would feed on that fear, growing stronger with each passing day.

The man was a monster, feared by all who knew of him. He was known as The Fearmonger, and he was unstoppable. No one was safe from his wrath, for he could sense their fear from miles away.

One day, a young woman came to the village where The Fearmonger was rumored to reside. She was searching for the source of the fear that was gripping the village, for she knew that it was more than just a simple tale.

The young woman was brave, and she was not afraid of The Fearmonger. She entered the village, determined to find the source of the fear and put an end to it.

But as she entered the village, she felt a presence behind her, a presence that was filled with fear and terror. She turned to face the source of the fear, and there, standing before her, was The Fearmonger.

The young woman stood her ground, for she was not afraid. And as The Fearmonger approached, she began to tell a tale, a tale of bravery and courage.

The Fearmonger was taken aback, for he had never encountered someone who was not afraid of him. And as the young woman continued to speak, he began to feel his power waning, for he could no longer feed on her fear.

And so, The Fearmonger was defeated, for the young woman had found the source of the fear, and she had put an end to it. The village was saved, and the young woman was hailed as a hero.

But the tale of The Fearmonger lived on, passed down from generation to generation, always being told to a new listener. And to this day, the young woman's bravery is remembered, and her tale is told to anyone who will listen, for she showed that even in the face of fear, there is always hope. "

The Collector leaned back in his chair, a satisfied smile on his face. The woman sat in silence, her heart racing.

"And that, my dear," he said, "is the tale of The Fearmonger. "And now, it is your turn to pass it on, to keep the tale alive, or suffer the consequences."

The woman left the room, the tale of The Fearmonger heavy on her mind. She knew that she must pass it on, for if she failed, she would suffer the same fate as those who had crossed The Collector and failed to give him what he wanted.

And so, she traveled from village to village, telling the tale of The Fearmonger to anyone who would listen. She told the tale in taverns and in homes, in fields and in forests. She told the tale to anyone who would listen, for she knew that if she failed, The Collector would come for her, and she would be lost forever.

And that, my dear, is the tale of The Fearmonger, and the young woman who defeated him. A tale of bravery and courage, of fear and hope, a tale that must be passed down from generation to generation, always being told to a new listener.

March 12, 2023 05:45

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.