2 comments

Creative Nonfiction Drama Friendship

We were all excited for her marriage. A friend in our gang is getting married. Yay! We connected with our gang through a video con call. We wanted to celebrate this joyous moment but each one of us were far from the bride's place.

So we made a plan for the get together in the coming weekend before she, the bride to be gets busy with the wedding preparations.

The seven of us planned to meet her and do shopping for the wedding.

We all travelled from around the state, to be with her.

The place, bustling city of the state.

We reached her place and yelped in excitement and the two other girls were stuck in different places and couldn't make it.

Though we were happy to meet others and jumped in joy.

We tried to control the giggles as their parents were strict.

We freshened up and chit chatted on the big day and other things about the groom munching on the snacks provided.

We decided to rest that day and shop for the next day. We gossiped and shared the details of our life.

We stayed up longer laughing and giggling talking things.

The next morning.

As we woke up, we showered got ready for the shopping day.

We had breakfast and started getting the touch up before the cab arrived.

We planned on going to the street of clothing lines. As the cab dropped us off in the destination, we strolled down the road and a boutique caught our eyes.

We all swarmed into place through the door of the boutique like the excited bees seeing the flower rich in nectar.

As we looked around the designs and collections the store had, we got separated from each other in different sections.

As always it was me and ranjani who picked up the dress within few minutes.

The others kept roaming around the places unsatisfied.

As they were walking here and there, we both settled down on the chairs.

We felt like those husbands in the films, who were made to wait/sit for three days when their women is shopping. I blurted out the connection of us with that scene and burst into laughter and agreed on the fact of the particular scene.

I whispered to ranjani, "I pity those guys who were going to marry them ."

We both chuckled.

After an hour or so, we all gathered in the lobby, looked all over the 6 floors of the boutique, "This place isn't good, we'll have to go find another place."

'Hell, yes!' we searched for another store and entered it.

Again we both sat on the chairs and others roaming around to find the satisfactory quality of cloth/dress.

Myself and ranjani wondered their energy to look for so much and their stamina to walk all over the place.

We both felt like, 'Damn, my legs got stiff, I can't stroll, I can't stand anymore!'

We were grabbed around to suggest a better option for their choices. We were excited and chose one among their multiple selection and they were like, "No.. Not this one, I think I have one like this already!"

' Heck no, then why the hell was I asked to select, moving my stubborn feet.' We felt shocked and settled down again looking at them still looking around.

I was like, "Women!" shaking my head at ranjani.

She pouted, " We need to wait!"

' It is never an easy task to satisfy women, when it's about shopping. 'I said as if we weren't women.

Finally, we gathered again and what not. We had to find another one. This time everyone is tired and so we stopped before a food stall and filled our stomach with spicy sweet corn kernels and ice creams of our fave flavours.

After the quick steamy snacking session, we stepped into the traditional wear store.

We shared our thoughts of getting the traditional wear, a saree.

Myself and ranjani selected quick. The three others had to check the place upside down and the employees had to drink more water!

A funny but uh-oh moment!

Poor guy, the employee rolled his eyes and looked at us for help.

His every attempt of trying to tell the saree was gorgeous and looks beautiful on her, it suits her, etc, blah.. Blah... Never worked out.

And yes, when he saw the Ray of excitement, when they liked something, he asked, "I'll send this for billing, Ma'am!" he urged before they could change their minds.

' Hmph.. Sure.. But..' one of us said.

The employee fainted right away, not literally, he should in such a situation, but he had no choice but to put up with us, Poor him!

And she continued," Can you show a similar one they took in a different color!"

Luckily, they've got similar designed sarees in different colours.

So the shopping is over we thought.

"I don't think this colour suits me!"

" Is it good for me? What do you think?"

" I would rather go for that colour."

" This looks dull."

" This is too bright for me!"

No, not that easily, the choosing of colour took a long road around and ended up at the one where it started.

So for the other two who couldn't make it, we video called and asked for their choices.

After showing them the colours other than we chose, they selected.

"Is it really over? It's almost evening and we didn't have lunch!"

' Pack these and bill them.' we said together.

The man felt relieved and rushed to the billing counter with the selected sarees.

After paying up, we walked to the restaurant nearby and found a table.

We chatted and teased about the shopping scenario waiting for the orders we made.

The orders arrived and we swallowed the delicacies hungrily. We then ordered dessert and juices. We demanded for the bachelorette party and the plans talking over some ice cream and dessert.

After some time, we thought of getting back and when one said, 'we should go buy some cosmetics!'

I then decided," I am never going out with you again for shopping!"

But I couldn't keep up the decision. After all we are friends and we can't just ignore the beautiful souls that travelled through the roads of life and lightened our hearts.

I owned the statement whenever we did shopping together," I really am never going out with you again!"

July 25, 2021 11:21

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

2 comments

Sanjai Bharath
03:40 Aug 01, 2021

Awesome writing, the author has penned out her experience perfectly. Looking forward to more of her writings.

Reply

Madhumitha D J
12:32 Aug 01, 2021

Thank you😇

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.