0 comments

Romance Happy Coming of Age

Segment two, what will happen? do you have a clue?


Segment one flashback:

---Tears of happiness flowed down my face. "Charlotte, you're the best. I knew from the moment I met you, you're the one. Will you accept me as your forever partner in life and marry me?"


I answered without a doubt, "Yes!! Jamie, yes!!" He slipped the ring on my finger and he kissed my lips for the very first time since the day we met.---


I kissed him back, but it was short and we broke apart, then we looked at each other with shining eyes, then we embraced each other. 


My family and his family clapped loudly and some people who were at the spot witnessed the whole scene and joined the clapping.


We hugged each other tightly and when we broke a part, he held my hand and put it on his chest.


He smiled, "Can you hear it Charlotte? My heart is beating hard, and it'll only beat for you." I smiled sweetly at him and we leaned in for another kiss. After we finally broke apart, my Mum ran to James and James' mama approached then embraced me. I hugged her, then I said, "Thank you for everything, Mme Elara" and she said, "De rien, chérie. Prends soin de James. Il s'envole." 


Across us, I heard my Mum telling James, "James, take care of Charlotte, she's gentle so don't break her heart. I trust you with my daughter, so don't let me down." James was seen nodding but he felt kinda scared and I sensed it.


"Mum!" I yelled, "Ne mets pas trop de pression sur Jamie!" Mum looked perplexed and she shot me a puzzled glance at me, then I realised, she can't speak French very well.


After a few awkward seconds, I said what I said before, but in English, ''Don't put too much pressure on Jamie! He'll love me enough!'' James blushed hard, 'cause I was acting protective of him, and I never do, since it's usually the other way around.


It was a beautiful snowy night, the lights on the Eiffel Tower glowed brightly, as bright as my heart.


I ran to Jamie and we kissed once more, then he bent my back, and we felt like the world's loveliest couple. I loved and cared for Jamie with all my heart, and I know he feels the same.


We ended the night by playing a snowball fight, my team was with Jamie's sister, her 4-year-old baby girl, my Mum and older brother-in-law. Jamie's team was with my Dad, his sister's husband, and my brother.


2 weeks after that wonderful night, we started planning our marriage.


I was talking to Jamie in our new home, we were so glad that we were engaged and were preparing our wedding.


I was admiring my engagement ring and he said, "Do you love it, Lottie?" I nodded, "I love it so much Jamie." He grinned then brushed my lips with his, "Glad you like it baby plum." I giggled and blushed; he never called me by that name before.


"James, can I have a crown of lilies and white daisies on my head?" He nodded, "Anything you want dear." I smiled, "What do you want sugar plum?" It was his turn to chuckle and blush.


James replied, "Strawberries on the cake, because I bought you some strawberries on our first date." I remembered that, and chuckled, "You always remember the details, Jamie."


James said, "Let's make everything snow-white baby." I said, "Yes."

He looked at me, as if thinking about something, ''Charlotte?'' I looked up, for I was writing a list of all the things we'd need for the grand wedding. ''Yes, James?'' I replied.


He hesitated, ''Can you wear just a simple dress, white, with laces around your wrists, with that crown of flowers you wanted, and I want your bouquet to be a bouquet of white roses, to make everything white?'' He pleaded with me, so I chuckled, ''Yes, James, I would love to do all those things!'' I stood up, walked over to him, he was standing behind the kitchen counter, and hugged him tight.


The next day me and Jamie went to the dress shop. I tried on many dresses, but one by one, Jamie shook his head and I kept changing.


The seamstress finally saw what James was looking for: a simple, white, beautiful dress. He wanted to see his bride wear something elegant yet austere. So the seamstress, whom I call Ms. Sophie, gave me a dress that fits James description, and I tried it on.


When I exited the changing room, and approached James, he look was one of awe, he clapped and said, ''This is perfect!!'' He smiled at me then stood up from the stool he had been sitting on.


He walked over to me and put one hand on my shoulder and one on my waist, and as we twirled around the room, Ms. Sophie clapped her hands and pronounced us a ''Wonderful, splendid, amazing, couple. The loveliest couple I'd ever seen!''


James purchased the dress for me and we headed to the florist's.


We picked white roses, white lilies, white daises and a few yellow sunflowers and light pink tulips. Then we paid the bill but left the flower at the shop, to be taken care of until the wedding.


Then we headed to a men's clothes shop and bought a charming suit for James.


We found one and Jamie purchased it, and I agreed it was the best style for him.


After that we went home and ordered pizza. We ate and while we ate we talked and held hands. After the meal, we watched a movie on Netflix and I laid in his lap, his hand caressing my hair.


I fell asleep in the middle of the movie and as soon as the movie ended, I felt him lifting me up and bringing me to our room. I can't believe he was that strong. He put me in bed and covered me with the blankets, then I heard him in the bathroom, brushing his teeth, washing face, and generally getting ready for bed.


He put on his pyjamas and I finally felt him lay down beside me. I felt him hugging me and kissing my forehead before he slept.


The next morning dawned bright and early and I smelt the delicious smell of food wafting into the bedroom, the source from the kitchen.


I got up and walked to the kitchen, rubbing my eyes and as soon as he saw me, James walked over to me and embraced me and gave me a little brush of his lips against mine. He pushed me into a chair as he served eggs and toast with marmalade.


After breakfast we started getting ready to do the day's work. We still had to visit many places related to the preparations of our wedding.


The rest of the month went by like that and we enjoyed our first month officially together very much.


On March the twenty-second, I walked down the aisle, arm in arm with my Father as James stood waiting at the podium, possibly admiring his bride. Jamie's eyes shone with happiness.


He slipped a ring on my hand, a white diamond one this time, and I slipped a golden ring on his finger. We looked at each other, in the eyes, heart full of love, happiness and melancholy.


The pastor said, ''Do you, Charlotte Olivia Parker, accept James John Watson as your legally made husband?'' I nodded, ''Yes, I do.'' The pastor turned to Jamie, ''Do you, James John Watson, accept Charlotte Olivia Parker as your legally made wife?'' James nodded, ''Yes, I do.''


The pastor nodded, ''Very well, then. You may kiss the bride.'' He stepped back, giving us some privacy. James leaned in, and whispered, ''I love you, Charlotte.'' Before kissing me on the lips for the very first time as husband and wife. All my college friends were there, and his friends too. My whole big family was there too, and he had made sure that the costs were all on him.


He had flown them from London, Scotland and my brother from Germany, for he was having college there.


We embraced each other, and we stepped down onto the dance floor and started to dance as ''L'amour, Les Baguettes, Paris'' started to play.


We danced and one by one, couples spilled onto the dance floor, as they started to dance too. My Mum was dancing with Jamie's Father and Dad was dancing with James' Mother.


I leaned my head on his shoulder and we slowly rotated around the dance floor.


1 week later..


We had our honeymoon in Italy, and we spent two weeks there, having fun, loving each other, and enjoying one of the best times of our lives.


6 months later...


I was 2 months pregnant and slow-dancing in our living room, as Stella Jang went,


Eux voient les lumières, les paillettes

La tour Eiffel, la Seine, les fêtes

Mais moi, quand j'arrive sur cette rue

J'pense à toi qui ne réponds plus

Même si je ne te revois pas

Tu seras toujours une partie de moi

Pour plein d'autres gens, c'est la magie

L'amour, les baguettes, Paris

Les fous rires sur ces marches

Résonnent dans ma mémoire

Je les emporte là où je pars

Eux voient les lumières, les paillettes

La tour Eiffel, la Seine, les fêtes

Mais moi, quand j'arrive sur cette rue

J'pense à toi qui ne réponds plus

Pour moi ce n'est pas juste une ville

C'est l'histoire de nos passions juvéniles

Pour plein d'autres gens, c'est la magie

L'amour, les baguettes, Paris


We were happy, healthy and wealthy.


7 months later...


In the labour room, I grasped James' hands as I pushed and pushed. I was giving birth to our first child.


James was encouraging me to go on and I finally pushed out a beautiful baby girl.


1 year later..


We are a family now, and my beautiful baby girl is one year old. We just celebrated her birthday two weeks ago.


James is as sweet as ever and is always helping me out with Aurora, our child. Her full name was Aurora Elizabeth Charlotte Watson.


We are thriving and I'm so lucky to have met a man like James Watson.


THE END




















November 25, 2023 11:43

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.