0 comments

Fiction Holiday Inspirational

Dear Morgan,

I just want to express my gratitude to you. Your kindness meant the world to me. You were more than just a great hostess, you were a friend to me. At first I felt out of sorts in your home but you quickly made me feel welcome. I was relaxed and comfortable in no time. I was forever that shy kid who always held her tongue. You gave me permission to be my most authentic self. And I just want you to know it meant a great deal to me. There are still angels on earth, I believe that because I found one in you. I am still trying hard to find work but you showed me I need to have more self esteem. I'm working on that. Thank you very much. I won't forget you.

Yours truly,

Kristina Lewis



Dear Kristina,

There is no need to thank me. I wanted to help you so I did. I should say thank you for your kind words towards me. I was only doing what I know in my heart to be right. I feel fortunate that I am able to help someone in their time of need. I'm no stranger to hard times. I lived through them myself for many years. One summer, probably way before you could walk, I found myself without a job. I knew that without income I would soon have no place to stay. I asked my family for help and was told they no longer had the room. When I called my friends they were all away on holiday.

I began to sleep in my car soon afterwards. During the day I would look for employment and at night I began to stand in front of a local restaurant and beg for food. Not something I'm proud of but it was either that or steal. I would never be able to do the latter. A kind older man named Glenn, gave me his take home bag from the table, on more than one occasion. We started to know each other over the course of a few weeks. I told him I was willing to work anywhere. I would wash dishes, cook, baby sit, walk dogs even sweep floors. He promised to keep his eyes and ears open and let me know, if anything turned up. I thanked him repeatedly.

One morning this man watched me climb out of my Volkswagen bug. I hurried away from him out of pure embarrassment. He told me that I could come and stay with him. One month later I was back to work. Glenn had become my saving grace. In just a few weeks I was able to afford a place again. I am forever grateful to Glenn. He asked me to help someone else. So that is what I did. Please keep in touch.

Sincerely,

Morgan Burke


Dear Morgan,

I was surprised to receive a thank you card from you. All I did was eat your food, use your water and stay in your home. So I was confused as I opened the envelope. Meeting you has changed me. I want you to know that. You made me feel like I deserve good things and I'm trying my hardest to get those things. I know it will take some time. I can wait but people like you give me hope. Thank you again. I really mean that. The world is full of cruel people. They will stare, they will laugh and they will ignore you. You did the exact opposite. You saw me. You never stared, laughed or ignored. You helped me. My father had a saying, we are no greater than the next man. You are living proof that his saying was true.


Forever grateful,

Kristina Lewis


Dear Kristina,

I wanted to write again because I miss you. It has been many weeks since I've heard from you. I'm having a small dinner party the week of Christmas. This is a tradition and I have been having this dinner for the last ten years. Only a few of my close friends will be attending. I would like it very much if you could make it. I know they would like to meet you. Please let me know as soon as possible. I look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely yours,

Morgan Burke


Dear Morgan,

Thank you so much for the invitation. I will try my hardest to come to your dinner party. I found a new job! I have been extremely busy learning the ropes. You told me not to give up and you were right. I worked hard and it finally paid off. I still feel like this job is to good to be true. I never imagined myself loving where I work. But I do now. Thank you for everything.

Your friend,

Kristina


Dear Kristina,

I'm so proud of you! How happy I was to learn you are working again. All good things take time. You believed in yourself and pushed for what you wanted and then made it come true. It really is the best news. I hope you can stop by. I really need to give you a hug. Stay in touch. If I don't get to see you have a wonderful Christmas and New Year.

Love your friend,

Morgan


Dear Morgan,

I had the best time at your house during the holidays. It was better than any childhood memory I have. Again I thank you. First for helping me and then for reaching out and sharing your home with me a second time. I'm honored to call you my friend. The look on your face when you saw Glenn at your front door was priceless. I wanted to do something special for you. It took some doing to find him. I didn't have much to go on. You had mentioned the name of the restaurant only once (the first night we met) where you had met Glenn. By some miracle, the owners daughter knew who he was. I'm so glad I was able to reunite you both.


With Love Always,

Kristina









August 01, 2024 20:03

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | Illustration — We made a writing app for you | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.