1 comment

Fiction Suspense Sad

This story contains sensitive content

Politics regarding Israel - Palestine conflict (note. I feel for all people in that war and also the victims of hate)

Sexuality.

Death.

Disorder.

Murder.

Jewish hate is expressed but shown in safe context as not acceptable


**************************************




Between the pillars - darkness - the veil of ectoplasm thins, like vaginal juices after menstration. The Moon begged for her life. She was paraded naked before her captors - the Sun, Neptune, and Saturn. Her heart still beating, held high separated from her body, her breath leaving before the scorning and scoffing constellations. Her breath leaving, leaving, returning, returning to the underworld of the ancestors before all jealous women, the concubines. Her last words, "I AM"


The protests were fierce. I had to stay away. The shouting echoed through the great hall of thinking and into my bones, shaking them behind my muscles. I had walked with that crowd, when it was unpopular, but now it was popular! I knew it,- The thinking was dangerous!


Sophia, my girlfriend, caught my hand. Within that same touch, she felt my thoughts. "Are you ok?" Our eyes met, " You are crying!" I turned my head to the ground and closed my eyes, hot water - evaporating. "Tell me your thoughts," she whispered close to my ear. She kissed me, my long hair gathered, absorbed the spit from her lips. 


I did not answer her. I had learnt not to speak of my past or what I had learnt! An ex-radicalised person has nothing of value to say! We are only allowed to speak for the sake of the masses as pathologies. Otherwise, the top heavy government would invade and destroy the small life and peace I had regained myself to. If I spoke now, a gaurantee I would be intruded upon with sweet words full of triggers, from my workplace, from my lecturers, from the check out person, from Facebook, to those self indulged individuals, who wished power and prominence!


The war had begun. I knew the verbatim of radicalisation. I knew the seduction of the vulnerable, or the weakened mind! I had been there, one of them! Radicalisation says a truth that is real and you are love bombed to say "Yes, Yes, Yes", to be a woke person! Or thrown back in the dry ditch on the side of the road you came from. Where cars drive passed you, alone stranded, waiting for you to be dry bones, in the cavern of the grey and unwated area of misfits. Thereafter, that same know-it-all mouth then speaks, and you MUST listen, you MUST believe its outflow iof relative truths. Afterall, the first truth you were told was truth, wasn't it? So the next truth is truth and the next truth is truth and the next truth is truth? You MUST believe and trust your saviour from mental health? Or else!


The warmth of Sophia's arm wrapped behind my backpack to my shoulder. Tickling me with laughing fingers, "Incy wincy spider-", she sung. My eyes opened. She stopped and spoke with a shrill, "I know it's unfair!" I turned away, looking at the clean brick walls. "No, Sophia, it is not unfair... most of them don't understand!" She moved to the front of me facing my melancholy, "But it's still not right?" Grabbing her hand, I place the other hand on her hip and begin to dance in the far away chanting, Free free Palestine! She laughed at my male inuendo., "You ARE loved" I imitate the stern opinionated lecturer, "My dear, the world is not fair, never has been!" She kissed me, breathing in my breath and exhaled, as I choked on her breath, I tried to half inale - her truth, into my lungs. My skin became pink as the truth of oxygen and small patches of her genetics flowed into my hurting heart.


Tuesday, I attended lectures. I did my assignments. My personal reward was to have a swim when I completed my weekly study or finished an assignment. Refreshed, I redressed, drying my hair again with a soft, heavy towel. Leaving the swimming complex, I was interrupted by what could be a round, familiar face. "Joe, is that you?" My eyes still a bit blurry from the upscaled chlorine, "Mmmm yes!" I tried to focus on the female voice. "Oh, oh -" and then I realised it was one of those sorts from my past! Taking a step back, "I'm good Sarah thank you!" She continued, "You should have been at our rally yesterday Joe. So powerful " I could smell her woody perfume - moss and sandlewood, and intended to cut her short, to cut short the love bomb, "You're antisemetics" Her teeth beared, " Be well Joe, you had the mental breakdown, not us!" I glared at her and tapped my heels together, like my war veteran father. I remembered his words, "Flee from Evil!" "JOE!", she tried to touch my face, her fingers were caring and wanting me to remember when we were lovers, a ling time ago. I fast-paced it. "You pathetic heap of shit, We are for Palestinians and you are a Jew boy." I knew not to argue my truth. She ran behind me, "Slimy, little contrary of a weak man" She was brainwashed! She cursed, she yelled, "We stuck the yards. We did not bend like you mother fucker!"


Out of tuned birds shot with a slug gun spun around my head. "The first truth is true... the first truth is true... the first truth is true... the first truth is true, "I panted fleeing, to the bus shelter. Hailing, Impatient to the opening, folded doors, I squeezed through. "Are you safe?" The driver asked in a concerned manner. Tapping my Go Card, "I'm having a panic attack!" He answered like King Solomon, in his sheepskin covered chair, "Where are you going?"

"Stop 33"

Pointing, "Sit behind me!"


The window had fast moving trees, scattered streets. Ding! Ding.! People exiting and entering. My mental health was suffering, " I did that too! I knew the Palestinians were suffering, yet the real truth was far more complex.! Trees, flowers, streets, houses, parks speeding behind, present, ahead in my mind's eye.


I remembered standing in that Great Court at the university campus- Seeing her- Seeing that beautiful young woman, holding a doll wrapped in swaddling bloodied red paint, chanting. "Free, free Palestine!!" The euphoria of her eyes called me to walk beside her and with the group. I was photographed.! She was photographed! They were photographed! I started chanting with those sorts, "Free, free Palestine. FREE, free Palestine" Something inside of me became free too! I felt euphoric with that crowd. All my troubles were gone as I cowardly transferred my baggage onto the freedom of Palestine,!" The bus had halted but I blankly stared out the window. "Stop 33", the driver firmly said. My rational mind ignited, "Thank you" The doors had stayed open for me, the passengers, under stood what I was thinking, " IT was none of my business!


Wednesday, my notification pinged. It was Sophia! "CONTINUE THE DANCE," I texted back, "Huh?" Then my phone sung, "Morning has broken, like the first morning. " Sophie's face filled the screen, my beloved soft. beautiful moist face, child like wide eyes covered by a veil. Still munching my sandwich, "Whatch ya up to?" I heard a giggle, "Joe, join us, we're going to have a peaceful protest!" I darted, "I do not like protests!" She swooned her words, "Oh baby, I'll be singing. Please see me!"


I could never say no to her singing. Sometimes, she would drag me to her parent's church, I trusted no one, at least of all collectives, groups, and/or religion, everything could be a cult to me! Admittedly, it was a tame congregation who sung hymns and listened to safe sermons of kindness, compassion, right living and being always being aware of our mental health. Singing out of tune, my familiar Sophia and her mother, overpowered my noise with operatic enunciations of the hymn-book words. The congregation always waited for them to go opera and would sing louder, happier as if the two angels ascended from heaven!


Sophia studied music at another campus. I hardly saw her. We both had rigorous routines of study and casual work to fund our academia. I wanted to go to this thing called "Continue the dance," but what exactly was it? One part of me said Yes and the other part said no. Sophia interrupted the my mouse on the wheel of overthinking, "It's a secret, just trust me!" I replied, "Sophia, I trusted you but secrets- secrets- can never be trusted. " In her Mother's stern voice Be at the Refectory markets tomorrow- 4.30pm!" I protested, "So the University does not know?" Click! No more discussion!


FRIDAY 4:30, I felt like I was to be married, the Groom.! There- the normal crystal, second-hand clothes, repurposed goods, and organic veges stalls. The difference-they were all packing up- should be there till six! I heard one of the marketers saying, "Patricia says there's a super cell storm coming our way!" Another said, "My server is not working. " Another, "Can't get the weather bom-"


Kerry, the girl, who protested on the Gateway Bridge, by stringing herself with two wires over the road, stopping traffic for hours, stood guiding a backing truck, her computer wizz, high distinction student boyfriend, with screeching the hurried van wheels into the courtyard. Her hair matted, long, with coloured beads had always annoyed me, looked like heaped cow dung,! This time, for a reason unknown to me, I sort of liked her and her boyfriend!


A huge enclosed canvas tent of body painting had two last customers standing outside and had not been dismantled! Sophia, my beloved, heaved a heavy drum and rolled it to a stagnant position on the stage near very tall speakers. Bang! The marketeer closed the sliding door of their sixties blue Kombi and left with their unsold goods disgusted. Large screens were alreadyerected in a circular manner.


PING! "Continue the dance!" Five minutes later, harpsichord music played. Ten people- twenty people- thirty people- then thousands of people. The free drink tables sagged in the middle from the weight of Wine, Jim Beam, Beer and Vodka bottles and people lit up in the background beginning harpsichord music.


A band member imitated Jim Morrison, "Is everyone in, the ceremony is about to begin" Thousands of people cheered! Their tense muscles releasing the first orgasm of the lower mind. People were dancing like Snooppy's joy dance. Peace signs appeared on some of the screens, other screens showed the crowd. Reluctantly, I dance, seeing my beloved silent as I sung out of tune.


In the background, I could hear the organised othermarch, "Free Free..." And then people started to undress. I couldn't believe it. My mind settled, as both naked body painted men and women of birds, of flowers, of leaves, of Sanskrit motives, of snakes moved hypnotising me. The dance intensified as the music intensified, as desire aroused . Sophia spoke with the music entrainments, the trance, "Don't awaken love unless you are ready... The electronic keyboard play a repeating stanza... And then the Opera, "One pill makes you larger- The intercoursing crowds higher mind opened- "One pill makes you smaller- but the pills that Mumma gives you don't do anything at all" The crowd raged, " Peace, Peace to the world" Hips jirrated, breast the nappies erect, hair flying with beads. Sophia interrupted, "...and if you go! go- go- go- chasing rabbits ya know ya going to fall, to a hooked smoking Koala and Kangaroo... I laughed, for I love my beloved and the crowd laughed as Australians!


I smoked something, started to feel bit dizzy and there was my beloved, pulling my clothes off and we- we- the whole crowd- were one pulsating the moon body dancing at that foolish suggestible Sun.


The moon bloodied, the lunar eclipse was upon us. My ears felt like they had bananas in them, I could hear police sirens but like I said 'banana ears!' and we- we- the crowd, the anti-hero-


Academics were walking towards us in a trance, leaving a trail of clothes behind them. Even lecturers did that too! Large vans rolled in, SWAT teams poured and tumbled out like magnetised filings. They had guns, big guns! But we were all naked would hid no arsenal, it was impossible!


We kept dancing, we continued the dance that was stopped before the war! Trance music continued to play and Sophia returned to the stage. Her eyes gone, she started to speak, "Peace" - music entrainments- Shalom- a trumpet blows- She says with delight- AUM- the crowd yells back, "A-U-u-M-". She says with delight, OM Namah Shivaya- the echo of lovers returned to my dearest Sophia- OM NAMAH SHIVAYA Then I heard my angel sing, "Free, I say, Free, Free Palestine" Everyone but me answered with "Free, Free, Palestine" I stopped dancing, I was violated! Had she too seduced me?I stumbled passed and high to the side to vomit at a police officers feet, her gun pointing at me as if I had my convulsing stomach had done it on purpose. A flash of a camera exploded!


The hum of the keyboard continued, My betrayer hissed, "Free- Free- Israel" The armed services encircled the crowd of thousands closer. I trusted her again! With absolute contempt, they screamed in the enclosing, suffocating circle , "FREE- FREE- ISRAEL" Sophia seeing the loaded guns continued in her straight back courageousness- my again beloved "Oh free them all- free them from oppression" The determined crowd danced harder as the beat volume increased.- YES- YES- YES.

More rumbling, more truck tyres, the armed servicez multiplied, watching, waiting! One girl popped a flower in the police, still at his post, his humanessness looked at Australias naked flora. All like voyuers they peeked at the tantra, the sacred sexuality of Australian bodies. Before the force was beautiful, sweaty, shining flesh connected to all their higher selves, the universe and God! I yelled with the crowd, my personal baggage dealt with long ago, I yelled, "FREE, FREE PALESTINE... FREE FREE ISRAEL!"


A steel cap boot sunk into my carf. I tried to turn but a force a bullet pierced the back of my rib then I felt my heart explode. Another Buller, my head imploded, so much pain. Three other shots were fired with a space of time, like lightning hitting in a nearby field.


On the ground, I saw three other people like me laying, coughing blood, wheezing, eyes glazed. I crawled, I rolled to them. They crawled, they roll to me . We joined hands to become an inner circle. Blood sputtering out of our mouths, choking the words, FREE FREE PALESTNE- FREE ISRAEL" We were being videoed!


Sarah hands froze; she dropped the gun. Falling to the ground she removed her black mouth mask, an oval, join the dots of silver perforated gun tips hoovered above her head as a policewoman flew onto her back tearing her arms almost off her with handcuffs. Sarah never seen death! Her mind broken. The crowd screaming and running.


Sophia was like a salmon swimming upstream to me, Frightened people trying to get out, pushing themselves into police. Police looking for insurgents.


When you are dying, one second can seem like an hour and one hour can seem like a second. Sophia was shaking me at the shoulders, "We're getting help" I began to see a light. Police were running, guns pointed. I couldn't breath. "Tell my Mum and Dad I love them." Gasping, "I love you too Sophia McDonald" Sophia shrieked, " I love you too- "Somebody help him- somebody get help- oh my God somebody help him- " My eyes started to close, I saw the bus driver open the doors, "Where are you going Son?" Confident I reply, "To my ancestors home" He sat in his sheepskin covered chair, "Oh thats just down the road!"


Sophia became calm, "Joe, Joe William Springer - you are- you are- free- you are free Joe William McDonald- you are free Joe my beloved" She shook me, she shook me but I was no longer there!


Sophia pounded the ground and crawled as Joe was pronounced dead and placed in a body bag, along with the three others. One police officer said, "Geesh that woman was a good shot" The bodies slide onto steel railings.


Sophia feet slipped on the coagulation of blood and a police officer pulled their military coat over her. A she walked a dull sullen walk to the microphone. The band played as police sectioned off the crime area. The drums beat softly. Protocol undone, Noone was told to leave. And the lonley and only bird ever to sing in an eclipse, sang,


"He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty shall be free- free'


I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust and they shall be free- free-


Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence and they shall be free- free-


He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler and they shall be free- free-


Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day and they shall be free- free-"


She sang it seven times and slumped asleep in the nite. She sang it at "The Free Fours" funeral. Thousands of clothed dancers outside. Police present. She spoke for Joe, "I'm sorry for everyone's loss-" Inhaling she spoke, like a medium, for the other Joe- the lost Joe- "Danger can be to the body- to the mind- but worst danger, the greatest danger is the danger which injures and traps the soul-" She sobbed, "Joe chose freedom, he chose to cleanse, to not be pulled into any ego collective, he chose peace" Swallowing, she paused, she thought like Joe did staring at the university brickwork, her voice went deep like His, "This is the new world were all suffering is seen and no longer shut down. The world is a place where religion and spiritual practices serves only for the progression of soul. All our our ancestors are with us regardless of race, religion, politics in this change. WE will cleanse, heal and renew to all be at Peace in this world! We can feel the peace of tolerance and understandig. We can hear with our ears all stories. For WE are the new Illuminati!"


The video went viral, dying people chanting for the victims of war!


The University closed to the scandal for three weeks. It did not answer the Press!


And He said, "The Servant always bows to the Master. Sometimes I AM the Master-

Sometimes I AM the Master-

However, the Servant always bows to the Master"


The cross was erected at Her birth, the Hermit horizon crossed by the Martyr Sky.


He said, "Speak!"


However Sophia did answer the Press in America. Her tiny tiny thumbalina from a childhood story, flew on the back of an eagle, to her own freedom. Large spotlights burst, to heat Sophia's cold body. JIja, her support cat, purred on her lap. She patted the fifth dimensional vibrations.


They played the infamous video. Sophie heard no words, no chants. She heard the blood gurgling in his throat, the coughing and finally his breath leave halfway through the mantra.

He said, "American university needs to think rationally. We have here today Sophia from the recent shootings in Australia!" Sophia head hung, eyes closed.

Other guests were more important than Sophia and happy to jump in to her silent beatitude, they spoke verbatim of land rights, of war crimes, of world action needed.


Sophia could only hear his last breath. Jija's purr intensified, as the show host asked his question the third time, "Sophia do you have something to say?"


Her cat blinked! She opened her mouth and breathed in Joe's breath. " For my beloved, the story- the story of Samson and Delilah! After Samson lost his long hair and strength to the seduction of Delilah, he was captured and jail and his eyes cut out. At an eclipse feast, the Philistines displayed him chained and wretched. But God had a plan! Samson could not see the trees, flowers, streets, hones or people. He could not see, even when I kissed him he could not see, or cry tears from his eyes. The Sepharims spoke moving Samson tongue and changing his breath to perfume, wearing the veil of Sarah, he spoke, "Can you move me- so I can sit and rest my back against your temple pillars- Is it not better to have me quiet, not moaning, whilst you eat and drink your wine?" A loud, jealous, arrogant voic mockingly shrilled, "The Wolf speaks" The constellations laugh! Samson knowing his weakness before his creator asked for his strength back. He pushed with the strength of David aiming his sling. He pushed thru the bullshot (censor bell bleeped) The pillars crashed on top of the false ideology.


Sophia pulled Jija to her face. Standing she walked away quiet, as her ancestors sung and the Red Sea crashed behind her. She was never to be seen again, for in Australia we dream dreams You dream too!














November 04, 2023 07:50

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

1 comment

Martin Ross
19:46 Nov 11, 2023

There’s little I can say — this is real, hard, raw, and somehow lyrical LITERATURE. Thank you, and i will be disappointed if you don’t win this week’s competition. This is what writing is all about!

Reply

Show 0 replies
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.