She Gave Birth To And Killed An Eternity!

Submitted into Contest #172 in response to: Set your story in a world devoid of logic, where feelings govern all decision-making.... view prompt

15 comments

Fiction Sad Teens & Young Adult

She looked like serenity. Laying on the bed, her eyes locked in a breath, with a smile, she cuddled in her own sorrows, fear, and mostly love. Love that she used to and still feel for the love she did, the love she held closer and dear to her, the love she never wanted to go, the love she wanted to live, the love that left her crippling, struggling for a single breath that could liberate her.

I felt like burning the world around me, escaping this body that suffocates me to my core, leaving me gasping on the floor, which felt like breaking open to take me in - I wanted that as I looked at his picture, tucked in love and sorrow, heartbreak and remorse. 

The calm on her face inimitably felt like a page turned a thousand times. Wondering if she could just close her eyes, she went home. A home that never was there, a home she felt in his arms, a home built in his eyes. A home that spoke of his words, and smelled like his breath closest to her. A home that kept burning while she was handpicking the ashes, preserving them in her heart. A home that left her no ground to keep a foot for the misery, while she took all the uncertainty on her chest to live the existence of him. 

I can't let go of you and I can't be with you. Whenever I am with you I feel like I am ruining you. Heck, I have ruined you already and I don't know how to stop that, he said . . 

Feeling new to the pain she had lived through a million times, in vain attempts, she tried to find solace. The pain that broke every piece of her existence, the pain that chafed her skin. The pain that silently pierced through her skin, and went latching onto her soul. The pain that rotted the love, leaving her indifferent to her own lamenting, stabbing the misery that left her bawling for the love she never wanted to see go. The pain that tightened the air around her, till the moment it pierced through her skin, touching her heart and then soul. 

In loving you, I lost myself, yet I am willing to love you, to live you, because there is nothing else I know of or want. I loved you so much, and I loved you, I just loved you, and I loved you. I love you more than the pain you gave me. I love you more than your words that pierced my soul. I fucking love you. I bawled on the floor in the middle of the night, in vain hope for the harrowing pain leaving my body with forced exhale. If only you could see me suffering in my misery. It hurts because you saw me crying for you in your feet. It hurts because you saw me crippling right there, in front of your eyes, gasping for air, for your love, and a home. 

But, it’s okay - she used to say this so much. And again, merciless yet gently, with all the love, she tucked the pieces of her soul comfortably into her very own body, like an escape, she lost it. She lost home. No wonder a blink used to feel like a lifetime to her, aged and stale, like a fully bloomed rose, ready to shed another petal. No wonder a breath used to feel like a burden on her chest, yet something that you would literally take because there she have had long forgotten the idea of anything other than chaos. 

Look at me, I screamed to the world in my silence, look at me. I am a good person. It hurts me like happiness touching my face, and a cold breeze flowing through my hair. I screamed to the world in my misery, look at me, I am a good person.  It hurts me like a healed wound and the scars that have been long forgotten. I screamed to the world, in my kindness, look at me, I am a good person. It hurts like soft, freshly washed sheets or cologne after a fresh hot shower. I screamed in my hope and hopelessness, look at me, I am a good person.  It hurts like a photograph tucked in the pages of an old journal and the words that I spoke so clearly not to be heard. It hurts like a sigh trapped in my soul, fighting, at war, finding its way out in the world that suffocates already. I screamed in my mourning, tucked in comfortable or forcefully, I don’t know, saving myself, hiding myself from the cruelty of the world, from all that pain and the hurt, from kindness and the love. I curled up in my own loneliness, my own skin, my own consolation, fragile love, hoping there will be an end to it. 

She walked into the world, with an aching heart, she only wished for ease. With a chaotic mind, she only wished for a pause. She wished the time stopped. She wished the ground break open and take her in. She wished for a breath. She wished for a day and a night, a raindrop, a smile, and the warmth of a cold breeze. She wished for a rainbow and a flower. She wished for a home.

As she turned sides, a tear flowed from the corner of her eye, grieving over her neck, before it drenched the pillow. She didn’t flinch a bit, it felt like home. It felt like home when she once again tamed her chaos into calm. It felt like home when she spoke her insanity into sanity. It felt like home when she breathed fire and sighed for an eternity. It felt like home when she took solace in unfamiliarity. It felt like home when she told herself, it’s okay, she smiled, and she screamed in a void, not to be heard. Carrying the ugly in grace, giving birth to and killing an eternity, she became home!

November 13, 2022 15:12

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

15 comments

Susan Catucci
00:24 Nov 23, 2022

I will read this again. In some ways, it felt beyond me. In other ways, it spoke to a place deep inside and made me ask myself, do I want to go there. I usually can embrace a story; yours I will take the time to understand and appreciate for the prose that I sense and feel on a level within. The beauty of it feels like a discovery I need to find on my own as you have already done your job.

Reply

Snya Aryf
18:04 Nov 23, 2022

Hi Susan, I am really glad it took you to places. The moment I set my eyes on the prompt with the word feeling, I knew the very moment what I wanted to write. A feeling that I (we) keep closest to us, yet never validate for uncountable reasons - but what I have learned is to embrace every single feeling, especially the ones that scream to us, to be seen, to be felt, and only then we can liberate ourselves to live with them without killing our peace! Love.

Reply

Susan Catucci
18:52 Nov 23, 2022

That is beautiful, on many, many levels. Thank you!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Ali Anwer
07:17 Nov 21, 2022

Beautiful lines, every word that is used are so deep and make my heart melt. The way you describe , is just beautiful. I feel every single line. Well done Work, and make more content like that.

Reply

Show 0 replies
06:55 Nov 21, 2022

Wonderful writing delebraty chosen sentences.

Reply

Snya Aryf
20:02 Dec 14, 2022

Thank you so much love. xoxo

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Usman Khan
22:31 Nov 20, 2022

Immaculate!!! I'm truly short of words and speechless. This is something not an ordinary person can write. This is something very deep, sensitive and sympathetic at the same time. The way you gradually developed the theme and the character, did I even blink? I don't remember at all! Being a CEO of an agency I get to read a lot more stories on daily basis but none like this. KUDOS to the Author!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Agha Tahir
05:34 Nov 20, 2022

Excellent theme. Well thought of plot of the story. Choice and selection of appropriate & meaningful words with beautiful sentences structure reveals as if Danielel Steele is rewriting "No Greater Love". The thoughts are very rich and worth cherishing. The writing of short story is not the business of every one,but the way you enjoy command over thoughts and grip over writing is commendable. I pray & wish you the best of luck & success in your future plans of your life. Well done 👍 and keep it up.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Faiza Arif
04:42 Nov 20, 2022

Wonderful writing. Fears, sorrows, grief are all like pillars. We learn and grow through them. Some feel them deep inside and learn to move on. Some make them passing stones and walk through them. In short, they make you stronger with time.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Asra Shakeel
21:08 Nov 19, 2022

So beautifully written. I could feel the words ❤️ Waiting for more..

Reply

Show 0 replies
Hammad T
19:51 Nov 19, 2022

“ Carrying the ugly in grace, giving birth to and killing an eternity, she became home!” A kick in the gut! Literally! Blog is so wholesome! Keep writing!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Ahmad Farooq
19:18 Nov 19, 2022

Such an elegant and thoughtful read. You will go places. Your number one fan.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Philip Ebuluofor
18:42 Nov 24, 2022

You did justice to the prompt. If you will keep it coming this way, Snya will become a famous name within weeks. Fine work.

Reply

Snya Aryf
20:03 Dec 14, 2022

Thank you so much Philip. xo.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Snya Aryf
21:09 Nov 19, 2022

What is that one moment you felt everything and yet nothing?

Reply

Show 0 replies

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.