THE NANNY'S CHOICE

Submitted into Contest #95 in response to: Write about someone finally making their own choices.... view prompt

1 comment

Coming of Age Fiction Friendship

Ever since Kara could remember, she had always let someone else make her choices. What to wear, eat, who her friends were, and where she lived. They even made choices of where she went to school.


Now some people would think that was a horrible way too live, but for Kara it was simpler. Thinking that if she let everyone else make her choices then no one could get upset with her for choosing the wrong things. She was a people pleaser, and avoided conflict at all cost. It was safer this way.


As she grew older, she had to adjust to new and different people making her choices. Some of them started to complain, and say mean things to her, like why would she live like that? like being a puppet. Why didn't she try to do better for herself? or how could she be creative if she never had the chance to make that choice?


Kara kept journals and scrapbooks that she'd entertain herself with of how she'd do things differently , for the day that she could make her own choices. She was preparing for her new life, secretly she was like everyone else but she didn't want them to know. She was a puppet that she let everyone pull her strings, waiting for the right time.


Her meals were pretty simple, mostly fruits and vegetables, plant based. Not much meat, for her parents didn't want her gaining any extra weight. She exercised three times a day. Her mom was a dancer, and her father a fireman. So of course she had to be fit n trim like they were. She did yoga, meditation, and Zumba, and for fun she went on her trampoline.


She went to the best school, and got good grades. She learned to play piano when she was five, and had many recitals. She practiced a lot, and really enjoyed it. After school, she would tech the younger kids. Her parents planned her whole schedule.


When she was 16 her dad took her to get her drivers license, like any normal teenager, and he even got her a Honda Civic, that he picked out. He made arrangements for her to start a nanny job with his fireman friend, so she could earn some money, and not be in a fast food place or grocery store. He thought it would teach her how to cook and clean and take care of children, for when the day came, and she'd have her own.


The people paid really well, and the two boys were 2, and 5. They were really sweet. She fit in right away. Sometimes she felt like their second mother, sine theirs was always away with her business trips, missing out on a lot. The man was nice, and in his late 20's, he seemed to get along pretty well with his wife being gone. Kara would fix the boys dinner and play with them some before baths and bed. She read them stories, and tucked them in, before she left. She took her homework with her to do in the evenings before the man got home. Sometimes she'd have to stay the night, if the man had a late fire call.


The older Kara got the more she planned on being 18, and finally making her own choices she figured she could handle it by then and not worry if she offended anyone if she made the wrong choices, she was ready, and envisioned their jaws dropping when she made her first choice.


Two months before her 18th birthday, the man's wife decided that she didn't want to be married to him anymore, and wanted a divorce. She packed up her stuff and flew out on the earliest flight she could find, not looking back, she left the kids behind. The boys were sad, but not really bothered much, since she was always gone anyhow.


They had grown very fond of Kara and really wanted her to move in with them, and take care of them on a more permanent basis. She really wasn't expecting that, since she had spent her whole life planning for when she'd be 18 and could do what she wanted. She was planning to quit, thinking they could find another Nanny.


Her parents moved her into the guest room, at the man's house, she couldn't believe how fast everything was happening. Could they really get rid of her so fast? Didn't they want her to go to college? or see the world? or do ANYTHING besides being stuck with another woman's children? she was so confused. She knew it was best for the boys, but not so sure it was best for her. She wanted to go out with friends, go on dates, do anything than be a ready made mother to children she had no interest in their father, or did she? There were a few times he came home late, from a fire call and he thought she was sleeping, on the couch, when she caught a glimps of him undressing on the way to his shower. He had a massive chest, and nice firm muscles, but at the time, he was someone else's husband, and she was a hormonal teenage girl. She dismissed the thoughts she was having as childish, and surely he wouldn't be interested in her, He was 27 for Gods sake, what was she thinking? She never really paid attention to how he may have felt about her. She had been working there for over a year now, just a kid nanny, nothing special. Maybe he did have feelings for her as she was developing from a little girl to a woman before his eyes, surely he must notice SOMETHING,, But only time would tell.


Her birthday was finally here, her family had a big celebration for her at a nice restaurant, and they had a great time. It was getting late and she was anticipating going home, to the man's house.


When she got there he had candles going and a fire in the fireplace, the kids were asleep in bed, she slowly went in confused, wondering what's going on. She asked him what it was all about, he took her hand, and led her to the pillows he had laid out beside the fireplace. He poured her a glass of wine, and gave it to her, making a birthday toast. She had never tasted wine before since she was underage, but she slowly put it to her lips, and tasted it, holding it in her mouth till the bubbles went away she swallowed. Mmmm that's soo good.

I thought you'd like it, it's nice n smooth n sweet, just like you.

She blushed, are you flirting with me?

I'm more than flirting with you, I've been waiting for this day since you first started working here.

But you were married when I first started here, I'm confused.

Well my wife has never really been here, she told me when we had the kids that they were my responsibility, and her career came first. I've been really lonely, and to see you with the boys, and how involved you are with them, made me long for you even more, I couldn't help myself. I know it's your job and we were paying you, but you went above that.

He reached over to the table beside her and handed her a present.

What's this?, she asked nervously.

Open it , he said softly.

Her hands trembling, she took the small box out of the bag, and opened it. It was her birthstone necklace. It's beautiful! She handed it out for him to put on her.

He took it and put it around her neck to fasten it, as he did he gently kissed her neck, his breath warm on her skin.

She gasped, she never had a boyfriend before, or anyone do this. She wasn't sure if she should stop it or enjoy it. She chose to enjoy it and see where it would go.

Softly he turned her face to his and kissed her on he lips, so gentle, so delicious, she thought. She kissed him back hoping she was doing it right. But figured she was since they kept kissing, and she wanted more. He kissed her neck and down her shoulders, making his way down her whole body.

She was wiggling and squirming, she felt dizzy, could this really be happening to me? Making out with a guy for the first time.. everything was happening so fast and she thought she was starting to feel the effects of the wine, but decided she must be getting drunk on love, she had never felt this before.

She wanted to stop, don't stop, she wanted to kiss him all over as well, learning as she went along. She felt his skin under his shirt, his muscles, his manhood, never in her life did she imagine this to be so passionate, so sincere.

She was caught up in the moment when he started to undress her. She was scared, but the thought of going all the way on her 18th birthday was just so exciting. She was curious, she was ready. The time is now.

She tugged off his shirt, to show she was just as willing, so soft, so tender, he eased down on her, she gasped. He kissed her some more, and was so gentle with her that she could tell it had been along time for him.

Oh my God!, what is happening? her whole body felt like an incredible wave rushed through it, she got all tingly and screamed, before she could stop herself, and he moaned, and they collapsed, hoping not to wake the boys.

They kissed again.

I love you, he said, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Wow! thank you, that was the best present ever, now I wish everyday could be my birthday, she said flirtingly.

Well it may not be your birthday, but we could celebrate as much as you'd like, he teased.

And I have another surprise for you.

It can't get any better than that, she laughed.

Oh, I think it can, he said handing her an envelope.

She opened it. Two tickets to Hawaii.

Wow! Hawaii! Are you kidding me? What about the kids?

School break is coming and they can go to my parents while were gone.

Consider it a graduation present, a birthday present, and a reward for being such a good nanny. He kissed her again.

Wow! I don't know what to say, it's kinda weird to be sleeping with my boss she joked,

Well then, I guess I'm gonna have to fire you, and you can move into my room,

Mmm, I think I could get used to that, he carried her up the stairs to his room, good choice nanny, he laid her on the bed.

I love you, she told him.

May 29, 2021 03:56

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

1 comment

Donna Wayt
16:53 Jun 02, 2021

Oh my Mrs Payne!!! This is steamy for a pervey old married man cheating on his wife with the babysitter. Is this sexual harrasment? Is this preditory behavior? It's sexy, and uncomfortable at the same time. What won't a married man say to sleep with a teenager the day she is no longer legally a child...You do know how to stir up the conversation! That's what art is about. It's about shaking thing up. Great job!

Reply

Show 0 replies
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.