2 comments

Romance Drama

Sarah looked her three friends over as she realized how different everyone was. Michael was the hunk of the group with his blond hair, blue eyes, and soft kissable lips. His body was strong from lifting weights, lean, and tall in the height department.  Tyler was the brains of the group and had stopped them from getting into trouble several times. Tyler could be described as mousey with brown hair and brown eyes to match. His body’s height was short and slightly on the husky side. Craig was the rich one who actually still at the age of twenty four got an allowance from his parents. He worked for his parents in the family company and he also worked for them as a landscaper, janitor, and cook.  His role of their son was just being there when they needed him either to run an errand or be a listening ear. He loved his parents dearly and loved mostly to listen to his parents talk about the past they lived through.

His parents had started off dirt poor which meant both his mother and his father had to work to make a living for the family of two adults and two children. Which also meant Craig was left with babysitters to grow up until he reached the age of fifteen when he was left on his own. He loved to hear stories how they met, got engaged, broke up, separated for a while, got back together, and broke up once more. Finally after two long years of break ups, his parents finally got married. Today was their forty year anniversary and they finally could spoil their children as they wanted to.  They had gone from rags to riches when his dad invented something new when he was fiddling around in his garage. Yes, Craig was very proud of his parents on how they had stayed together through the rough times as well as the good times especially after their rocky start.

Sarah was lost in her own little reality world and almost missed the little news item that Craig was saying.  She blinked once as if to clear her mind and said, “What’s this about something new, excuse me someone new joining us today? My mind was somewhere else and I think it is still there.” She tried to make a joke out of her missing something or maybe she tried to make a joke out of her stupid blunder saying “something” instead of “someone”. She felt stupid as she looked around the little circle of friends and noticed the dirty looks from Craig especially telling her that he didn’t believe a word she was saying.

“I said that I invited someone new to meet my friends. Her name is Susie Liver and please no cracks about her last name, Tyler or Michael, do I make myself understood?” Pausing to watch as that sunk into both of their brains and they said, “Take the fun out of everything.” Both smiled as Craig replied, “And Sarah, no more blunders like that “something” remark. She is super nice and friendly. I don’t want her to feel unwelcome by a bunch of remarks said by a bunch of children. I would like all my friends, old as well as new, to get along.”

They looked at each other and back to Craig to reply, “We will be on our best behavior, dad.” Laughter was heard coming from their table as a nervous person walked up to it and in a soft voice that was hard to hear said, “Hi Craig.” All eyes flew to her as Craig jumped up to get a chair for her to sit down with them. She continued by saying, “Now, Craig, did you make everyone feel uncomfortable about meeting me for the first time?” More laughter was heard as they watched Craig’s face get red as he was made center of attention instead of getting to know Susie.

Michael and Tyler had mixed feelings toward the new person. They felt a stab of anger at Craig for meeting this beautiful creature before they had and they also had a stab of interest in getting to know a new person, getting to know a new friend and welcoming them to their circle of friends. They wanted her to feel comfortable as they fall over each other trying to get her attention, so they could introduce themselves to her.

Sarah felt an instant stab of jealousness that the guys in her small circle of friends were literally falling over each other to get to know her better and to get her attention on them. She knew that she had to be friendly or Craig would have another one of his temper tantrum about how to make a stranger feel like a new friend in their circle of friends. They would all get a talking to about making a person feel welcome and Craig could go on for hours about one subject of discussion. They all knew he could because Craig had held one of those talking to about two days earlier. Craig wanted to impress Susie on how good his friends could behave.

This new person was Susie Liver and she was stunning to say the least. Even Sarah had to admit just how stunning and how she seemed to be very friendly. With her brown hair that seemed to move with the shake of Susie’s head as she tried her hardest to show all the guys the attention they seemed to crave. Her hair was cut short and looked soft as a cloud to touch. Her brown eyes were a shade or two lighter than her hair and her eyes held a special twinkle for every emotion that her body was feeling. Her eyes had a light gay appearance because she felt carefree and safe with these people.

A straight nose sat in the middle of her face was perfect in size and shape. One diamond stud piercing sat at the very bottom of her nose and was a reminder of her rebellious years as a teenager. Pale pink lips that ended off the perfect face of an angel and her face seemed to be made perfectly by the hands of God Almighty. The lips were soft to touch and could drive any man’s problem far away with just one kiss. The man would feel like he was floating up in Heaven on his own cloud.

Slender shoulders that lead her special man’s eyes lovingly downward pass her small chest to a slim waist that any man would feel lucky enough to hold her would love to put his hands lovingly around her waist to bring her snugly against him. Her long legs had men doing a double take just to glimpse of every inch of them. Men’s eyes loved to look at Susie, to caress every inch of her body with their love in their hearts and desire in their eyes.

Sarah’s feeling for Susie bordered on hatred that she was more stunning in looks than Sarah was. If the two females were standing side by side, she knew the guys would pick Susie over her. Another feeling flared up high in Sarah’s body with a crashing sound in her mind, Sarah didn’t like to be jealous over another lady, that other lady was suppose  to be jealous of her. Now, that the shoe was on the other “her” foot, she wasn’t too sure on how to act toward Susie. Sarah didn’t like Susie much, but she did like Craig or was it his money that Sarah liked? That thought made Sarah speechless and shocked because she had never admitted her feeling for Craig.

The guys on the other hand loved to hear Susie’s laughter and the way that her eyes lit up in response to their attention or to their questions. Susie loved the attention that the guys were showering on her, but when she looked at Sarah, Susie knew without a doubt that she wasn’t making any friends with her. She wondered what she had done to Sarah to make her feel hatred coming of Sarah directed toward her. She smiled at Sarah and watched a very guarded smile cross Sarah’s lips. Then her lips went back to the frown that had been there before.

Why do some women dislike her and that answer came flying into her mind-she knew without a doubt why, when Michael and Craig started to argue over her attention. Not an actual argument which made Susie happy to see, that the two boys were playing around like they were arguing over who gets more attention from her. Susie shut their voices out and focused mainly on Sarah to see if they could become two good friends.  She looked at Sarah and replied, “Sarah, I am going shopping to get away from this loud noise. Would you like to go with me and show me the best places to go shopping for clothes?”

August 28, 2020 19:12

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

2 comments

Judith Buskohl
18:35 Aug 30, 2020

Thank you!

Reply

Show 0 replies
23:58 Aug 28, 2020

Awesome job!

Reply

Show 0 replies

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.