0 comments

Teens & Young Adult Friendship High School

September 2008 - Senior Year

Hey,

Why did they choose this year to NOT assign parking spots? Funny how you always manage to grab the one next to me. This year will be so much fun, I can’t wait.

See you,

Megan

Oh hi,

I know, school starts too early as it is. Do you sleep? Chase and I think that you and Nicole sleep in the parking lot, it looks like you’re already working on homework by the time we get here at 6:45. I don’t see why this year should be any different than the rest. How are your college applications looking?

  • Anthony

Anthony,

I don’t sleep - ever. Thanks for noticing. Apps are coming along, slowly. I have my main ones sorted and dragging my toes on the safety schools. Hoping for a huge school out of state - I can’t wait. How about you?

  • Meg

Meg,

You’re lying about not sleeping, we have English together, remember? I’m probably going to the community college first, still figuring things out. Safety schools are for quitters ;) 

  • Tony

October 2008

Meg,

You know they’re going to kick you off the cheer team if you keep skipping practice, right? You’re noticeably absent from the sidelines that I’ve observed, it’s not the time to start slacking.

You’ve been warned,

Anthony

Tony,

The coaches are making the seniors practice inside for the homecoming routine. It’s top secret stuff, I know the whole school is literally losing sleep over what stunts we’ll probably drop during halftime.

Appreciate the concern,

Megan

Dearest Megan,

I’m waiting with bated breath. Hope they don’t drop you. When’s homecoming again?

  • Tony

Tony,

You mean the homecoming game you’re playing in? The one on Friday? It’s that same one. Don’t take any more hits during practice.

  • Megan

November 2008

Hi Megan,

I heard you guys didn’t drop anything during the routine. Considering the halftime score, it would have been nice of you to do me the solid so that the school would have something else to talk about beside the thumping the team took. Did you end up going to the dance?

  • Tony

Hey Tony,

Yeah, I did. I went with some friends. It was okay. Hard to believe that was our last homecoming ever.

- Megan

December 2008

Tony,

I got into my first choice school! 

  • Meg

Meg,

That’s great news! You worked hard for it. Anything fun planned for winter break?

  • Tony

Hi Tony,

Nothing special. I’m studying for some AP exams and going to visit family for a bit. What about you?

  • Megan

Hi,

My brother’s coming back from college so I’m going to be doing a lot of catching up with him. We might go to the winter festival at the school the day before Christmas Eve. Do you have plans of going to that?

  • Tony

Hey,

Nicole was asking me about that too. I might tag along if she ends up going. If so, I’ll see you there :) 

  • Meg

January 2009

February 2009

March 2009

Megz!

Are you going on the senior night out? Asking for your friend (me).

  • Tony

Tony!

Yes! It’s not until May though, just got to make it through mid terms, AP exams, prom, and finals.

  • “Megz”

Megan,

You are not good at being excited about fun. Be on bus 6 with me? Prom is almost 4 weeks away, you can’t lump that in with mid-terms. Do you already have plans?

Thx,

Tony

Dearest Tony,

I got your request too late. I’m on bus 4 with Gabriel, Nicole, and Sam. Gabriel asked me to go to prom with him this past weekend. How about you?

Luv, Meg

April 2009

Tony,

Do you and Jenna want to be a part of our group to go to prom? She told me you were going together. 

  • Meg

Hi Megan,

Sure, that sounds good. 

See you,

Tony

May 2009

Megan,

Are you ok? I saw you crying this morning. 

Hearts, Tony

Tony,

I’m going to be okay. I’m ready to get to college and out of here. For Senior night out tomorrow, I’ll be stuck on bus 4 with Gabriel. I wish I would have got your note earlier. Ugh.

Xo, Meg

Megan,

We’ll be out before you know it. The bus ride won’t be the best part anyway. Keep an eye out for me?

XX, Tony

June 2009

Tony,

Don’t forget to pick up your cap and gown or your mom will literally kill you. I have to give you your jacket back from Senior Night. Thanks for letting me borrow it. 

Peace, Meg

Meg,

Thanks for the reminder! I made it all the way to my car, saw your note and had to turn around. You did steal my jacket, I was reminded this morning when I nearly froze walking into school. I’ll forward hospital bills. Email: HeyItsTony@emaildotcom.com

Regards, Tony

Ps. You can keep it.

July 2009

August 2009

From: MsMegAgain@emaildotcom.com

To: HeyItsTony@emaildotcom.com

Subject: Consider this your windshield

This lacks the charm of the handwritten notes. I didn’t really have a reason to write to you this summer and I thought it would make your girlfriend feel weird. I just wanted to let you know I’m leaving for college this week and I hope that you have a good semester at community college. 

-Megan

From: HeyItsTony@emaildotcom.com

To: MsMegAgain@emaildotcom.com

Subject: RE: Consider this your windshield

I agree, it’s not as fun to get an email as it is to see one of your notes under my windshield. My mom thought that I kept getting parking tickets. Olivia and I are going to the bonfire tomorrow night if you’re not too busy packing. Keep me in the loop.

Hearts & Stars, Tony

From: MsMegAgain@emaildotcom.com

To: HeyItsTony@emaildotcom.com

Subject: RE: Consider this your windshield

I just moved into the dorm, this is crazy. I can’t believe I did this. I’m so far away from home. Is this real life??? How was your first week?

Horseshoes & Rainbows, Megan

From: HeyItsTony@emaildotcom.com

To: MsMegAgain@emaildotcom.com

Subject: RE: Consider this your windshield

I saw some of the photos you posted. It looks like you’re having fun. The first week was good. I got all the classes I needed. 

Byeeeee, Tony

October 2009

From: MsMegAgain@emaildotcom.com

To: HeyItsTony@emaildotcom.com

Subject: RE: Consider this your windshield

Hiiiii,

Time flew, I realize it’s been a while. How are you doing? How are things with Olivia? I’m planning on coming home for Thanksgiving. Nicole is talking about having a get together, you should come.

Mwah - Meg

From: HeyItsTony@emaildotcom.com

To: MsMegAgain@emaildotcom.com

Subject: RE: Consider this your windshield

I’ve been busy here too. I’m working almost 30 hours a week and this course load is kicking my butt. Olivia basically broke up with me 5 minutes after I sent my last email to you. She wasn't for me. Keep me updated on the deets with the get together. Can’t wait to get together IRL and give you a big hug. It’s been too long, I’ve missed you.

See ya, Tony

November 2009

From: HeyItsTony@emaildotcom.com

To: MsMegAgain@emaildotcom.com

Subject: RE: Consider this your windshield [DRAFT]

Megan,

I’m so sorry to hear about your loss. How are you? When are you getting home? 

From: HeyItsTony@emaildotcom.com

To: MsMegAgain@emaildotcom.com

Subject: RE: Consider this your windshield [DRAFT]

Megan,

I heard about your mom. You can call me anytime, you know that, right?

From: HeyItsTony@emaildotcom.com

To: MsMegAgain@emaildotcom.com

Subject: RE: Consider this your windshield [DRAFT]

Megan,

I’ll be on a plane out to see you as soon as I can, just say the word. 

From: HeyItsTony@emaildotcom.com

To: MsMegAgain@emaildotcom.com

Subject: RE: Consider this your windshield [DRAFT]

Megan,

There are no words. I’m thinking of you.

Love y

December 2009

From: MsMegAgain@emaildotcom.com

To: HeyItsTony@emaildotcom.com

Subject: RE: Consider this your windshield [DRAFT]

Tony,

I haven't heard from you and I thought I would. Wh

January 2010

February 2010

March 2010

April 2010

May 2010

From: NicCouldofToldYa@emaildotcom.com

To: MsMegAgain@emaildotcom.com; HeyItsTony@emaildotcom.com

Subject: Nicole's Summer BBQ

Hi!

I’m having a mini reunion barbecue in my backyard next weekend. Miss you guys, can’t wait to see you soon. Details to come.

Love, Nicole 

From: MsMegAgain@emaildotcom.com;

To: NicCouldofToldYa@emaildotcom.com; HeyItsTony@emaildotcom.com

Subject: RE: Nicole's Summer BBQ

YAY! I cannot wait to see everyone and pick up where we left off.

XOXO, Megan

From: HeyItsTony@emaildotcom.com

To: NicCouldofToldYa@emaildotcom.com 

Subject: RE: Nicole's Summer BBQ

Who was Megan texting during the barbecue? 

From: NicCouldofToldYa@emaildotcom.com

To: HeyItsTony@emaildotcom.com

Subject: RE: Nicole's Summer BBQ

Some guy from college. I met him at her mom's funeral. I think he’s visiting sometime this summer. Sorry to say, but I think you missed her. 

July 22, 2022 18:31

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.