0 comments

Fiction

I relive the same day ever single day. It always starts the same I'm starting a new school and I'm introducing myself to my new classmates when the sun hits a boy near the back and I feel that I know him from somewhere. I sit down beside him and all these strange things happen to me. I'm seen flashbacks of me and this guy dressed completed different.

All thought the school day weird things keep happening to me. I keep hearing a noise and every time I look down at my ring it is glowing and the guy next to me is wearing a small puzzle that is also glowing.

I keep trying to shake things off and get back to my school work, but it didn't work.

All day the guy has tried to talk to me. But every time he comes near me I feel guilty and an angry builds up inside of me and I shout at the top of my voice "LEAVE ME ALONE" he puts my ring in my hand and continues walking.

As soon as his hands touched my a strange feeling overcome me and I feel like I know him.

My school day ends and I started to head home today seems to be a bit different, Normally he would have stopped me at the school gates to try to find out what was going on. I continued on my way home and I saw him again standing in front of me. "Holly, it's been a long time" finally my nightmare has ended or so I thought.

I can finally see my brother again. He hugs me so tightly and I know in the back of my mind this can't be really, but I want to believe that it is him "Why are you lying to me? My brother left years ago and will never return" the guy laugh for a moment "Really I left? I went on my college course. You could have called. You chose to distance yourself not me." I was getting really furious "My brother died in a car accident on the way to college" the guy continued to laugh "No I didn't your mind loves to make things up. I won't be leaving you again" I looked at him and walked into the house. My mum and dad were happy to see him. I still wasn't buying it.

I go up to my bedroom and that is when another vision took me by surprise I am in another country and there is all these people kneeling in front of him. I'm so confused what is going on.

A girl walks up to me and looks at me like she knows me and I know her. But I can't place her. She smiles at me and thanks me for not been mad at her. "Why would I be mad at you?"

The girl smiled and my visions get worse. She used me to be friends so she could get close to my brother and marry him. She tells me she always wanted to tell me that she loved him, but couldn't find the right way to do it and this was the easiest way into the palace.

She continued walking towards my brother. They are getting married.

I was so angry. I left home and was swore I would never return.

I bumped into a evil magician "You are one the king's children aren't you?" I looked at him and shake my head

"you have me mistaken for someone else. The king has one son who loves to steal everything from everyone" the magician laughed and his plot was set in stone "The prince will never harm you again. You will never seen ever again" as soon as I look around the town had been covered in complete darkness and there looks like there is a lot of darkness around the place. The magician is laughing behind me. I look at him "What did you do?"

"Your hatred for your brother has caused this. You and him will be separated and you will never see him ever again. " I look at the magician with discuss "I never wished anything like that at all. Stop it now. Please I beg you" the magician looked at me and laughed again "No"

I try to run back to the palace to save them, but I end up falling hitting my head off a stone and knocking myself out.

My dad, brother do go searching for me but never find me because of the magician evil working.

They searched for days "Dad I don't know what to say. She is not anywhere?" the king looked at his son in pure sadness "I wanted to wait until you were older before telling you both. I placed a curse on you and your sister. But it looks like someone else activated it for me" my brother looked in horror

"Why would you curse us?"

"Holly was trying to take the kingdom from you and your new wife. I had to stop her before she succeed and you lost everything" my brother laughed "Holly wanted a chance that was all. She wasn't looking to overthrow me or Aurora. If any one lied it was use to her. Aurora lied to her and took advance of her friendship and betrayed her.

About a month had passed my father and brother never gave up looking me.

My brother eventually found me.

I hadn't any colour in my face and my body was ice cold.

He rushed me home and kept checking on me every day, but I never got any better.

I finally wake up and I'm in my bed in my room. I'm so confused. My head is so sore. But there is only one person I want to see. I start to think the worse and then I hear "Finally you're awake" I turn around and there he is "What happened? How am I here?" my brother laughed "You have always been here. What are you going on about?" "My anger against you and Aurora getting married caused me to go to the magician and he was going to do a spell to separate us and for that I am extremely sorry." once again all my brother does is laugh "Well I found out one interesting thing as well dad cursed the both of us because he reckons you want to overthrow me and Aurora"

"I would never and I'm sorry I didn't come to your wedding." my brother looked very confused "my wedding is tomorrow and you better be there"

"Thank you for finding me and bring me home" he looked at me and smiled.

April 05, 2023 16:51

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.