0 comments

Romance Mystery Suspense

Two souls from a different zones and part of life decide to meet up on a blind date. As pretty as the picture with the depth of his cheek’s temples appealed and managed to ask the lady love out, which in turn, turned her world upside down as she stumbled upon this date. 

Broken and lost in the hopes of finding that special someone as love was not even in her books now; as hesitant was she, however gathers the courage only to see this mystery date waiting at the table for her. The first glance she seen was his yin &yang Tattoo on the side of his neck, as she takes step back as she decides to maybe leave him waiting but alas it was Christmas season no one should be disappointed on this day of new life, which made a difference in everyone’s life, so why not him.

She shows up at his table and sparks fly at this very meet, we chatter away and laugh to our hearts content, atleast that is what the lady love felt. All she could see was his gander of comical sense of humour and of course the depths of imprints on his both cheeks who knew would have made such an imprint on her soul.

With the time being of the essence, they had to part ways to get on with conventional way of life, the daring swain walked on and looked back only to meet each other’s gaze. As he was still at the table and so did her heart. She knew it right away that, that day she had left part of herself at that table.

So, she made up her mind she knows now what she needs to do to get it back.

The gallant had plans on meeting up with his pals at another counter paths. The time was for sure running out and she wanted to give him an image of her which would leave him reminiscing of her.

Running around the city in search of herself to know not what would become of her when she shows up at the station, empty handed definitely not and that’s when she stumbled upon the red roses which caught her eye but in vain as the train had left the station with only the image of what could have or could not have been in her mind.

But did she give up, as a persistent Libran, she found an alternative as these days you can send your love from one foreign land to another then why not from one state to another.

Little did he know a phenomenal surprise was at his hotel door step with a count of 8 red roses. However, it did not stop there, upon his arrival back to heart station she was waiting with 2 more red roses which was the significance of her day of arrival on this earth as 8 was his.

Awe struck by this gesture, she got the best feeling which will live on forever with her even though it was a sweet warm embrace mixed with his bodily perfume and never wanting it to end. As her valentine had to head to his home town to the land of five rivers. All he could think was she was just fancied upon this blind date; still yet for her, she had left a part of herself that day upon their very first sight met each other, only wishing he too could feel the profundity of 8+2 red roses.

As they go on with their routine every day texts of hey and good nights, she could see it fading away, even when the whole world was against this reunion, she knew it, in the depths of her heart that only in time, as patience is a virtue. Only her duvet covers and the moist water line of her eyelids knew how much she misses him and wants that sweet soft embrace, along with his hopeless sense of humour even though it was just for an hour or two the date at the table had her still reminiscing of him.

Gathered courage again, even though her world was in a total disarray, she held onto this one thing in hopes of seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.

Being the source of amazement, keeping her heart on her sleeves, she starts to scheme the birthday of her Casanova, even though they had not named this situation ship yet, shopped the best outfit for his and Her’s, from what kind of bouquet, the itinerary of flights, stay and back to her home; however little to her surprise came to her knowledge that the man of her dreams had sketched time out with his troops, so she stepped back. With tears streaming down her cheeks as heart wants what it wants, so she let go of all the scheming and the element of surprise.

Days went by like the withering petals of rose which lay in her fridge so was this unnamed bond. Even so she held on this distant connection only in the hopes as no one knows what the future holds in store for them.

In spite of space, and the pendulum swing clock wise, she knew in her soul as what you believe in, the connection on the other side to be the same and always wished upon the shooting star that only if he knew that royalty and loyalty are right there and all he needs to do was just  look behind the scenes of the unsaid words of comfort, joy and the smile that was bought upon her lips of the untrodden heart of despair as it had been a long time that she had felt this way or maybe never, that’s what the 8 roses along with 2 more added to the bunch, made a variance for her present existence, only if he had known the roses or taken a deeper gander as there is more to it than just petals, stems and thorns as was she.

December 18, 2023 19:26

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.