0 comments

High School Middle School Western

Ava was a girl that lived in Texas and she loved horses. She wanted to start to learn how to ride a horse but her dad didn't want her to. But her mom did. So one night her mom and dad sat down and talked to each other until they came up with an idea. They will let her ride their horses if she learns from a teacher and a good one at that. Soon she will be running wild with her in the ranch. But right now she was learning how to jump over a gate on a horse in class. Sue, Ava's best friend, had gone before her and now Ava is scared to do the jump. But Sue had helped her calm down and this was going to be okay if she made the jump on her horse or not. But after she made the jump, she had three more jumps. Kim, Ava's school friend, couldn't come to help her with her jumps because she was out sick. Ava makes the jumps and makes the Cross Country horse riding leader. On the day of the Cross Country horse riding race Ava and her team had won. And the money that they had won was for ice cream and things for their horses. Ava’s horse name was Cobalt. Cobalt is a six-year-old black Thoroughbred stallion. Cobalt is a really expensive horse. And he is a really good jumper. After some days had passed Kim had got better and could come back to the stables. Sue, Kim, and Ava went on a trail ride and saw a wild horse. They ran back to the stables and told Max. Max is their teacher and the owner of the stables. Kim, Sue, Ava, And Max went to find that wild horse. The horse was not wild, the horse was let free to die. So they decided that they were going to try their best to save it. They talked to it and tried to get the horse to trust them. After about 2 hours or more they got the horse to trust them and they named the horse Nevaeh since it was a girl. Because Kim was the first one to see Nevaeh, she is the one who gets to have her. They take her back to the sables to give her a checkup. Everything was ok with her so now she can start her training of being a racing horse. Sue's horse name was Bella. Bella is a Friesian horse. And Max’s horse is named Fred. Fred is an American Paint horse. Everyone  thinks Max is western person because his horse is used for Western pleasure, reining, and other Western events. Nevaeh is a Haflinger horse. Horses are a really big part of Ava, Kim, Sue, and Max life. They were raised to ride horses. Max is Kim’s older brother. Some months passed and new kids came to town. Their names were Violet and Thomas. Violet and Thomas are twins. Violet’s horse name was Sweet Silver. Sweet Silver a mare Mustang. Thomas's horse name was Thunderflame. Thunderflame is a Lipizzan horse. To make Violet and Thomas feel welcome Ava asked them to come on a ride with her. Violet and Thomas went with her and they had the time of their lives. It was so so fun and so funny that they were still laughing when they got back to the stables. Life at school was good for Violet and Thomas because they are in the same class as Ava. Beside having horses Violet and Thomas had many animals because they now lived on a farm with a lot of animals. Violet loves animals and Thimas only loves horses. Amy was Ava's little sister and LOVES horses to death. Amy wants to learn how to ride a horse when she gets older. Amy wants her horse name Star. She wanted her to be an Arabian horse. Arabian horses is Amy’s all time favorite horse. The little ranch that Amy and Ava live on is filled with many different horses. Kim and Max live somewhere near the stable. And Sue lived near their school. Max might be the owner of the stables but he was really younger to be owning something. Max was 19 and his sister and all her friends were 14. They lived with their parents but they spent most of their time at the sables and they will stay the weekend at the stables. Max was spending more time in the sables and with his sister because he was going to college after summer break and had to teach his how to run the stables. After some months had passed, school was going to be out for summer break. Max wanted to make his last summer will for 4 years not see his sister special. First, he took all of the riders on a 2 day trail ride. Then he took all the riders to a young riders race and Ava won. He had taken them to Violet and Thomas' farm and teached them some of the animals' past. Like how they first became animals in the first place. A week after they wanted to do a group project for Max for when he leaves for college. They wanted to get him cards, photos, and funny stuff. They were going to say goodbye on that day in summer. They wanted to spend their time with Max wisely because he was going to have to move to another state. 

4 years later. Max had come home with a smile on his face. His sister had done a good job at working at the stables. Kim, Sue, Ava, Violet, and Thomas were now 18 and were really happy when they heard Max was back. But a sad part happened when Max was gone Cobalt died and Ava had to get a new horse. The same can of horse Cobalt was but the new Cobalt didn’t look like the old Cobalt at all. But this was going to be fine

I HOPE YOU LIKE IT!!!

February 23, 2023 21:44

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.