0 comments

Horror Suspense

On a Friday night, I was at my house watching my movie, enjoying the Slurpee I got from 7-ELEVEN and all of a sudden the power went out. I went outside my house and the whole city's power went out. I invited five of my friends in the neighborhood to my backyard to make a campfire and make some S'mores. As we sit down on some chairs we start to talk about the stuff that has happened all over the city. One of my friends started talking about the killer who roams around the city looking for the next person to kill. I told my friends that I would be back because I was going to the bathroom. My friends heard a scream from the next-door neighbor and my friends went to go check except one who was on their phone. When my friends went to go check on my neighbor the door was left open and as they went closer they began to spell a bad odor. They looked around the first floor and saw a blood trail leading upstairs. They followed the trail upstairs and it led to a room. The odor got worse and worse as they got closer to the room and it felt like the walls got closer. They open the room and saw that she was laying on the floor bleeding in her pool of blood with a knife in her heart. They tried to call the police but none of them had their phones, they had left them at my house so they ran back to the house and saw the friend who stayed at my house was lying on the floor dead with the knife in his heart. I ran outside to the backyard and had ask what had happened. One of my friends replied, "someone had killed the neighbor and Dave". I was shocked and we tried to look for our phones but they were nowhere to be found. We hid both of the bodies in my backyard so no one would think it was us. We sat back down in our chairs and waited and wished for the power to go back on. We stayed outside so it can be easier to yell for help when someone tries to come to kill one of us again. We started talking about video games to keep our minds off of what just happened and with every noise we heard, we got so paranoid. I ask if anyone wanted snacks and drinks, my friends responded, "Yes." As I went inside to go get the snacks and drinks, my friends were a bit tired but didn't want to go to sleep. They heard another scream but this time it was a man. It was coming from the house in front of mine, my friends heard the noise and one of my friends decided to stay in my backyard. When they got there the man was dead in his kitchen with a knife in his heart. They ran back to my house and found my other friend dead in the same spot as Dave was. They asked me, "Did you see what happened to Vivian?" I replied, "No I was inside trying to find any board games to play with while we sit outside." We hid the two bodies in our house and all four of us prayed the power to turn on but the power had still not turned on. We had all drank some water and went to sleep on our chairs. When we woke up it was 1 am and we thought one of our friends was just a heavy sleeper but he was dead. He had no marks or anything on his body, we checked his drink and it looked like he was poisoned. We put him in a trash bag and threw him in the garbage can. We were all shaking and in tears about our friends' death. The three of us that were still alive decided to go into the house and lock all the doors so no one would come in. One of my friends went to sleep on the couch and the other slept in the guest bedroom. Everybody was asleep and my friend heard some noise in the guest bedroom, he went to go check on him and found him choking on his blood. I look like he wanted to say something and he wrote down that it was me who tried to kill him. Robert got scared and didn't want to admit the fact that I did it. He started to realize that no one was in the house except me and realized that I was the person who was killing everybody. He tried to run away from me and get out of the house as fast as he could. As he got closer to the door he could hear my steps as I was coming out of the room. He said, "I know it's you." I responded, "I'm sorry it has to end like this, I truly am." He said, "you're the power outage killer." He tried fighting back swinging left and right with a bat that he had found at the door. He hit me in the ribs and started to run. I shot him in the leg and started to run after him. He opened the door and yelled for help. I pulled out the gun I had and shot him. I dragged his body back in and left him there. I panicked and didn't know what to do. I thought someone had heard me or saw me so I grab all the money I had and left it in my car. I decided to leave the city and as I leave I look in my mirror in my car, I see the city turn on. I turn back on the long and rocky road, telling myself "It's time to move on and find new friends." I said, "I crave killing people and will continue doing it until I die."

May 07, 2021 23:08

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.