0 comments

Christmas Friendship

This story contains themes or mentions of physical violence, gore, or abuse.

In summer of 76, Derf and Jeff just finished their test without seeing it. Threw the paper to the dustbin. They go to the nearest forest near the road. Finding some good spots to shooting rabbit and bird. "Where's the revolver, Jeff?" Jeff showing his knife. "Jeez, Jeff. What's in your shell now, Jeff?" Jeff showing his pocket knives as well, some of them in his palm. "No gun this time. Practicing my eyes." "Who are you man, philosopher?" "No,no. We're more than that." "A killer?" "Guess." "See this." Jeff walk circle the soil, make some noises but repetitive sound. "Enough Jeff, you wasting 12 times. "Sssshh." "Stop hisssing you jerk." "Synhjsoop." "Ohh shi- how did you do that?" The knives almost touch Derf's head, cutting some of his hair. "Nice rabbit." "Not a rabbit season. They shoot the water of my house, last week." "Sorry for hear-" "Hey take it easy. It just a joke ,ok." Jeff pointing his gun with one bullet, mostly used in a certain way. He throwing it towards derf's forehead, leaving him in confusion. Derf pretend t be unconcious, so Jeff won't feel disturbed. But what is really did in his gut. Until several hours, Derf wake up and walk to school in the midst of the night. Reverend High School gate already closed for five hours before arrival. Climbing the top of the gate and sitting on a bench. The stone cold, resonates with his skin and gut. Derf likes to read some of his "weird" stories, leaving it with some drawings. Most of them inspired by Polonsky. Somehow Derf feels more weird, so he couldn't stand his own feet. "Complete your book, complete your book." The intimidating voices nearest to his back. And feel the palm of a soft hand. "Hey." "Ohh Paula, just leave me alone this time, ok." They don't meet for three years and the way they confronted each other transferred to each other like a tennis ball. "Stay away from my sight." Paula then sitting, but still with shocking face. "Derf, what happen-" "Shut up you-" Paula starts crying. "Oh really? You think I will melted towards that stare this time?!" Her eyes indicated that she's coming and still not regret his reaction, still more than tolerated, like don't know whaat to say. Derf continues his writting, Paula seeing his book like it treasured her. But more like it's the writer himself. From cold, now getting triggered, Derf gets up and left her stunned. "Jeff is more important to me this time, I should give her some lesson." In the warehouse which Derf living in, he remembered how once he's in Jeff shoes few years back. But it still gives him some disgust to his "old self," how it would destroyed him. "No, no, no. I won't let that happen again." "Rick, Steve, Clemens, get your ass over here!" They're three buddies he help them with. "What man? You look so upset in this hour!" "Watch your tone boy!" "Sorry Derf," Clemens said. "Le't get into plan A." They understand the meaning. It's often planned but just now! Following morning, they start to prepare. "Remember dummies. Whatever happens, don't laugh. Whatever happens." He's walking and, "Hit him the hardest way. We would get our ass kicked no matter what happen." "Give your most badass looks, so he get trigerred." "Derf," Somehow Paula interfere. "Don't interfere this time. It's my works." Following night, they preparing with the most harmful weapon.. Trash can, transmitter, everything. Paula prays for Derf witht tears in her eyes, while Derf still full hatred towards her. Get in the same forest circling the same circle Jeff once made while he's on the center. "What's the meaning of this?" "We need to shed your loser skin." You don't know what just happen yesterday, aren't ya?" "Talk the normal way, Jeff!" "I won't!" "Trash can, fire!" Jeff punched the trash can. "Fishbone, attack!" Jeff counter attack it while bleed a little." "Chicken bone, attack!" Jeff laughing like a hyena, "Huawhuhauahahahauhahhguuhktgtngtu." "This is serious!" Derf tickling Jeff. "Rick, Steve, Clemens, keep him laughing!" Def tired of screaming. He remembers Paula, so he comes to her house. Walking calmly, don't know how to express himself. Knock, knock. Paula didn't answer, but open it still. Before say anything, She hugging him. Derf hugs her back slowly. They don't say anything but become together. Derf back to his warehouse with hapiness, but still calm knowing that he might be has some issues again. Whe back to the warehouse, lying on a bed, with eyes still open, confuse but calm. "What's really happen?" "I don't know I should regret my action these times, but survival turned me like this. Rick, Steve, Clemens back shortly after that. "You look sad, Derf," Rick whispering. "You think we abuse him too much?" Still didn't answer, but still looking. Clemens the most related man according to him told them in the backyard, "I know what happen to him." "Tell me." Steve the most passive one said. School time, he had some struggle during those times." "Just like normal teenagers?" "No,no,no. You Wrong!" "It maybe looks same, but still opposite different. Derf heard that and open the door, "Come on, get inside." Derf seems don't really care. "Let's dannnnnnceeeee!"

"You working so hard, I'm punching my card. Eight hours for what, oh tell me what I got."

"Hey what you have done to him?" "Whhouuauaakaahhh!" Jeff came like crazy.

"I got this feeling,it has would calmed me down."

From the distance Paula running towards him and, "Muuanch." They kissed each other.

Credit rolls:

Been working so hard

I'm punching my card

Eight hours, for what?

Oh, tell me what I got

I gotten this feeling

That time's just holding me down

I'll hit the ceiling

Or else I'll tear up this town

Tonight I gotta cut loose, footloose

Kick off your Sunday shoes

Please, Louise

Pull me up off my knees

Jack, get back

C'mon, before we crack

Lose your blues

Everybody cut footloose

You're playing so cool

Obeying every rule

Dig way down in your heart

You're burning, yearning for some

Somebody to tell you

That life ain't passing you by

I'm trying to tell you

It will if you don't even try

You can fly if you'd only cut loose, footloose

Kick off your Sunday shoes

Ooh-wee, Marie

Shake it, shake it for me

Whoa, Milo

C'mon, c'mon let's go

Lose your blues

Everybody cut footloose

cut footloose

(Oh-oh-oh-oh) cut footloose

(Oh-oh-oh-oh) cut footloose

we got to turn you around

(Second) you put your feet on the ground

(Third) now take a hold of your soul

I'm turning it loose, footloose

Kick off your Sunday shoes

Please, Louise

Pull me up off my knees

Jack, get back

C'mon, before we crack

Lose your blues

Everybody cut footloose

Footloose (footloose), footloose

Kick off your Sunday shoes

Please, Louise

Pull me up off my knees

Jack, get back

C'mon, before we crack

Lose your blues

Everybody cut, everybody cut

Everybody cut, everybody cut

Everybody cut, everybody cut

(Everybody) everybody cut footloose

July 05, 2023 06:18

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.