0 comments

Romance Creative Nonfiction High School

Baby, I see this rose every day, I knew how special it was to be the day you gave it to me. It reminds me of the rare beauty you are that I got the pleasure of loving every single day. But we have to part ways for a little while...

It was February 16th, 2020. My 16th birthday, the first birthday that had ever made me so happy. It was at Royal Palm Beach High School, I was so eager to see you. We were just a fresh and young couple, everyone knew us by name and thought we were admirable. Ah, good old days! Don't you think, baby? I was walking around waiting for you to get dropped off at the front by Pedro. I wear this long and pretty white dress and my mom made me put on this long extension ponytail. I was walking around feeling like the prettiest girl in the world. Which you know I never feel beautiful in my daily life. So, it felt nice to feel like a magical princess in a real-life story.

As I walk around, you finally run up from behind me and scare my ass. I scream as the whole looks at me and hears me from miles away. I was like "DAIRON, DON'T DO THAT!!!!" You just start laughing and start saying "Happy birthday, my beautiful baby!!" We bear hug and I start kissing you up. You hand me a gift bag full of stuff. There was chocolate, a bouquet of roses, a cute little bear, and a card. But what was most special out of that whole bag was your love, your Shakespeare-like words, and this beautiful multi-colored rose you grew yourself. I was in awe and tears of happiness fell onto your pink dress shirt. I hugged you and kissed your soft pink lips and said thank you.

The bell rang to start our morning class. Since this was virtual learning and we can be in class on the computer. I didn't go to my present class and I stayed by your side. We went to our favorite teacher, Mr.DeAvila. He didn't care for us to be in the classroom. Just as long as we weren't acting a fool, loud, and we had our work done already.

So, we logged on and I sat beside you. We were talking, hugging, excited to be with each other. You had told me to open your card. So, I did. It's a red envelope because you know red is my favorite color and to go with the theme of Cupid's month. You were so cute because you had decorated it with so many lovey-dovey stickers. I opened the envelope gently to not ruin this lovely masterpiece you took your time on. I open it to this beautiful card with a big red heart and on the inside, it says "Happy birthday, mi amor! I love you with all of my heart. I know it's been short that we have been together as boyfriend and girlfriend, but these few months have been magical. And I know I never want to spend the rest of my life with any other woman than you. I love you. I hope I can make my beautiful wife smile on her big day. Te Amo, Bebe! Happy birthday!" I hug you so tight and am filled with happy emotions. I loved each and every word written on the card. It made me think to myself, no love I ever felt in my life would ever compare to how mine and his are. That I fell in love at first sight with the most amazing man in the world.

The bell rings and that's okay because we still sit in our same seats and log on to the next class online. I take out beads from my bookbag and I start making a bracelet for you. You asked so cutely in this little baby voice to melt my heart, "Baby, can I make one for you too? I don't know how but may you show me?" Of course, I give in to your adorable puppy eyes. You shout for the whole class to hear "YAY!!! MY BABY IS LETTING ME MAKE A BRACELET FOR HER BIRTHDAY!!!" I and Mr.DeAvila laughed as everyone was so silent and proceeded to what they were doing or conversing about. I kissed your cheek for the millionth time. I never count my love because every atom in my body is for me to live, to love you. We gaze into each other's eyes with big, pearl white smiles as we make bracelets for each other.

As I finish mine, I see in the corner of my eye seeing you struggling to tighten the bracelet and had popped the string twice, having to restart all over again. I felt so bad for you, so I told you that I'd help you on the last try. Your grumpy face was priceless, you're too stubborn to even accept the slightest help. You're too cute, mi amor. We surprise each other. I made you a blue and yellow one with gold accents and you made me a red one and a few other colored bracelets. I loved each and every one of them.

The next bell rings for lunch, so we run to go get lunch and for my 5th-period teacher to not see me and call me into class. You had no problem because not only did your teachers not care about anything, but you had DeAvila for that period, funny enough.

We head to the lunchline and already are a bunch of hungry students waiting ahead of us. We're holding each other, hand by hand as the line moves up and we finally are up next. We order our meals and head to the stairs between buildings 2-3. I eat and finish my meal quickly so I can lay on your comforting lap. You and I just talk about the life ahead of us and silly things to pass time. Next thing you know, you hear the assistant principal's yelling to be dismissed. We head to class and sneak by my teacher's classroom. You and I stayed in the hallways just a bit longer after everyone else headed in. I just wanted to hug you and stare into your heavenly brown eyes for I see our love and future in. I grabbed your face to kiss each part of your face, but your lips, just a little longer. Then, I tell you "I love you, honey." Before you go in. Every single time I say those 3 magical words with 8 letters total, I always see the hearts in your tiny eyes become bigger.

We log in to our class and do what we've done in the previous classes. We laugh, talk, cuddle until the next bell ring. Which it does finally at 1:04. We finally run to our 7th-period. Well, more rather your 7th-period, your teacher just loves me so she doesn't mind my company. Once we enter, you greet Ms.Netherland, as do I. She and I talk a bit before the class starts. You tell me to sit down because the desks are so close to each other. I do as I keep talking to her. You're just laying on me and hugging my belly. It was too cute, I was scratching your head and messing with your hair. It's your number one weakness and relaxation technique. The bell finally rings and we continue our day. You're hugging me and kissing me and Ms.Netherland shouts "Stop hugging the poor girl with your clingy self and get your work done!" You pretend to be sad and continue her work. But you still hold my hand and she tells you once again to let go. I was giggling and you were just pretending to be sad. You're doing your work and when she looks away, I held your hand to make you happy. Which it did, you kissed me and continued your work happily.

As you do that, you finish up your work two minutes before the dismissal bell. We close our laptops and fix everything before we wait at the door. The bell rings and we wish Ms.Netherland a wonderful day as she wishes the same.

You and I run to the bus loop to not miss our buses. But we stand by your bus. We kiss and love each other up before we go. I tell you I love you and be safe before I let you aboard your bus. I look back at you walking to your bus, wave to you goodbye, and aboard my bus. I sit alone and look at the beautiful rose you gave me. And I head home.

Today now it's been 3 years we've been together and I still have the beautiful rose, all wilted and gone, yet the color and the love from it still lies within. I look at this rose more and more each and every day. But after looking at it hundreds of times, I realize it's even more beautiful because it makes me think, our love will never die. No matter the challenges and distance. I will always love you. So, for now, my love. We aren't apart as we create our lives and then reunite when the time comes. But for now, I will look at this wilted rose that was once alive with your love, long ago.

August 08, 2021 00:51

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.