3 comments

Crime LGBTQ+ Suspense

This story contains themes or mentions of physical violence, gore, or abuse.

Her patience ran out hours ago, and she was starting to create a draft with her pacing. Out of boredom, she started playing with her knife hours ago. The walls were littered with holes from where she’d thrown it into the drywall. The squeaking from the rats in the walls wasn’t helping either. When one dared to dart across the room in front of her, her knife sliced through the air impaling the rat to the wall before it could disappear into the crack it was aiming for. She smirked as a sense of satisfaction coursed through her. She grabbed her knife, wiped it off on her pants, and stuck it back in her boot. At that moment, the door opened. Four men entered the room carrying another man. The man was blindfolded and tied up, and he was doing his best to break free from their hold.

“Let me go! Help!” The man screamed as he fought against them.

“Sorry for the wait boss, we’ve got him for you. He’s a stubborn one!” One of them grunted out as the captive elbowed him in the ribs.  

“Tie him to the chair. Good job boys, you’re excused. Stand guard outside the door.” She waved them off with a hand and they quickly filed out of the room after tying the man to the chair in the middle of the room.   

She leaned against the wall and watched. Watched as her captive struggled against his restraints. She had her arms crossed and a smug smile on her face as she watched him struggle. He struggled until his breath started coming out in quick puffs. Sweat started to accumulate on his forehead. Red rope burns started popping up around his wrist from all of his tugging, but the harder he tugged the tighter the ropes got. She let out a sharp laugh as he continued to struggle. The captive jerked his head in her direction upon hearing her laugh.   

“Who are you? Let me go!” He practically snarled.   

She pushed herself up from the wall and stalked toward him. Once she was positioned right in front of him, she stopped. She bent over until her face was inches from his. She blew in his face and smirked when he jumped from the sudden burst of air in his face.  

“Take the blindfold off so I can see you bitch! Are you scared? Is that it?” The man asked.   

The lady just laughed. She straightened up and started circling him, slowly, like a predator stalking its prey. The man's head followed her as far as his neck would allow before he sharply threw his head to the other side as he listened to her footsteps circling him. Eventually, she grew bored and reached down to pull the knife out from her boot. She brought it to his ear and flicked it open. He jumped and leaned as far in the opposite direction as he could. She wasn’t going to have that. She grabbed a handful of his hair and roughly pulled his head back. She leaned back down, inches from his ear.  

“You know exactly who I am, Adam.” She whispered in his ear. He froze. 

“Sam?” He asked incredulously. She hummed a confirmation and straightened. She continued her walk around him.

“Why are you doing this?” He asked curiously.  

“You know exactly why. I’ve let you do whatever you wanted for years, for her, but I won’t just stand there anymore.” She said calmly as she circled him. He laughed.  

“This is about Paige? Seriously? What are you gonna do? Nothing! You don’t have the fucking guts.” He said confidently. 

Faster than he could finish his sentence she was behind him again, with a handful of his hair. She harshly pulled his head back and brought her knife to his neck. She slowly, almost teasingly, dragged it across his skin. She was done with standing there while he slowly chipped away at Paige's sanity. She’s watched the girl she’s loved since high school be abused by the man in front of her for long enough. Even if getting rid of him doesn’t make Paige miraculously fall in love with her, she still has to do this, she has to save her from him. If it’s the last thing she does.   

“I think you underestimate how much I despise your very existence. You are a waste of air. You don’t deserve the very air you breathe. You’d be surprised what someone's capable of when they experience that level of hatred for another human being. I’ve dreamt about the things I could do to you. Make you feel all the things you made her feel. Every time you laid an unwanted hand on her, the list got longer, and we haven’t even started yet.” She shoved his head back up and continued circling him. She saw him swallow hard.  

“So, what? You’re gonna kill me then? Is that it? I don’t think she’d appreciate that very much. What’s she gonna think about this double life you’re leading? What are you? A gang leader?” He asked feigning bravery. She smirked.  

“I’ll kill you after I’ve had my fun. I’m something like that, but she’ll never know it was me. After we’re done here, I'll be there to help her get over you. I’ll treat her better than you ever would.” She said. He laughed loudly.  

“You’ve been in love with her since high school. Don’t you think if she felt anything for you something would have happened by now?” He said tauntingly.   

“It’s hard to think about someone else when an abusive narcissist has his claws in you, but we will soon fix that. Won’t we? You’ll never hurt her again.” She leaned over him, her hand resting against the back of the chair he was tied to.   

“That bitch deserved everything I ever did to h-” A loud ringing sound rang throughout the room as the back of her hand met his cheek, cutting him off mid-sentence.   

“I’m sick of you disrespecting women. You were blessed enough to have an amazing one love you, even though you don’t even deserve to breathe the same air as her. You treated her like she was the dirt beneath your shoes, and now I’m gonna do the same to you. Buckle up, it’s gonna be a long night. Let’s get started, shall we?” She asked smugly.   

Moments later, screams echoed out into the hallway. The guys standing guard outside the door winced. 

“Boss has it out for this one, doesn’t she? Poor guy.” He shook his head in pity.  

“You’ve no idea. She’s been planning this for years. Better get comfortable, we’re gonna be here for a while.” He said as he slid down the wall onto the floor. The other guard joined him.   

March 18, 2022 03:54

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

3 comments

Tricia Shulist
01:04 Mar 21, 2022

Revenge and vigilantism — man, is Adam in for a long (last) night. Don’t get mad, get even. Thanks for this.

Reply

17:44 Mar 21, 2022

Thank you for reading!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Clyde Laffan
23:56 Mar 23, 2022

Firstly I came to read this through Critique Circle. I enjoyed the premise and the opening paragraph is a scene-stealer. I feel a little bad for Paige, is the only person looking out for her a psychopath? I just wasn't sure what I was meant to feel, which is perhaps your clever trick.

Reply

Show 0 replies
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.