0 comments

Crime Romance Sad

This story contains themes or mentions of sexual violence.

It was so terribly cold. Snow was falling, and it was almost dark. Heidi had been waiting outside on the street for about three hours. She wouldn’t always wait that long, no he would come, she thought. He would surely come. Why now of all days did he not come at his usual time? Did something come up? Oh why did he not show? Why didn’t he tell her?

Heidi only had a simple coat, a little cap, scarf and mittens. By this time the snow had fallen harder and it had gotten even darker. It was very scary for a woman to be out this late. Somebody could snatch her or rape her. Yet, Heidi being the stubborn girl stayed there waiting for her loved one. She looks at her mittens and takes one off revealing the diamond engagement ring she had gotten just two weeks ago. She smiles at the ring. How aloof could this girl be? Had she lost her mind? Had she not thought of going home? Heidi lets out a cold sigh and starts walking down the dark icy road. She didn’t realize that there’d be any trouble or that she’d cause herself trouble. Just then a man had grabbed her from behind “shhh, yeah boys we’ve got ourselves a pretty one eh?”

”Please! Stop let me go! Let me go.” Heidi cried trying to let go from the strong man’s grasp

”You got a pretty ring there darlin’”, another man says touching her cold hands and admiring the ring.

”HELP! SOMEBODY HELP!” Heidi screamed at thee top of her lungs.

Two more men appeared in Heidi’s eyes, both of them smirking and laughing, one of them held a knife. They both walked quickly to Heidi and covered her mouth so she wouldn’t speak. The two men that had arrived started kissing her and mumbling that she was very beautiful. They were calling her things like “baby” and “Darlin.” They removed her coat and the rest of her cold wear. The other two men touching her in places she didn’t like. She may have felt one of them kiss her on the lips . Oh and they didn’t stop. It was a frightening thing that could happen to anyone.

You could hear Heidi’s muffled screams and cries, her wailing and sobbing. You can only imagine what happened next.

There she lay, her body was freezing and aching with pain. Her brunette hair was all messy when it was curled. She had multiple hickeys across her neck and arms. She had a few cuts on her stomach too, one engraved with a bloody heart. She was laying there freezing cold in the dark. She was unaware of where her clothes were. All she could do was cry. If only she had not been so stubborn and ignorant she wouldn’t have been raped. Although, these problems happen to a lot of women, especially back in the day and still now.

Heidi was crying and shivering. She couldn’t see her clothes and she was on the snowy ground trying to feel for them, but she couldn’t find her clothes. When she felt her hand, the ring was gone. Heidi put her hands over her mouth and wailed like a child. Because she didn’t know where to go or what to do, she slept in the snow. The cold snow that made her shiver. The cold snow which she had been raped on, the cold snow that she had been waiting for her fiancée on. The snow that she now lay on because she didn’t want to go home. She cried herself to sleep and she cried in her sleep. Her tears were an ocean filled with pollution and dead sea creatures. In her mind all she could think about the events that had happened and what those disgusting men had done to her that will never be spoken of. She thought more about how she was supposed to meet her Fiancé at the coffee shop, and he never came. She thought about how stupid and ignorant she was. She thought about the promise that he made to her. The promise that he would never leave her, the promise he would never cheat, the promise in which he would take care of her.

Heidi dreamed of her wedding day. Oh what a beautiful day that would’ve been. She would invite all her family and friends. She would share a deep and intimate kiss with her newlywed husband. They’d dance and drink. Her family and friends would give beautiful speeches. Oh and how her father was able to walk her down the aisle. Her perfect dress that she had customized. The jokes about the diet plan her and her husband had. And after they would have three children. Preferably boys and one girl. She’d make them meals and take them places, she would bathe them and play with them. She would take them to play dates. If they were involved with any extracurricular activity she would go and cheer them on. She would go on anniversary dates with her husband and leave the children with a nanny. They would watch their kids grow up and marry and have kids of their own and becoming grandparents like she always dreamed of. She dreamed that her and her husband would grow old and retire. They’d live in a small house reminiscing about their lives together and watching their grandkids. It was the perfect life she dreamed to have.

What Heidi may have realized or didn’t come to realize is the fact that she had gotten hypothermia. She was as cold as Neptune. How come nobody was out that late? How come nobody heard her muffled cries? Simple, the townsfolk weren’t as stupid and as stubborn as she was. They knew, especially the women knew not to be out very late or you will suffer the consequences.

Suddenly she thought about the promise again. Her fiancé had promised her one last thing. He promised that’d they die together. Now here Heidi lay in the snow shivering to death.

March 11, 2023 01:16

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.