0 comments

Romance Friendship Contemporary

 It's strange how things end up after so long a time, but they always work themselves out how it was supposed to go in the end. No matter the journey. And this is how we got to where we are today.

           Sun shining brightly, winds lightly blowing, the smell of people grilling outside. That's how we met on that fateful day. I was over at my best friend’s house for one of her monthly grill outs that she held for socializing and bringing people together. She must have planned for me to meet the future love of my life. But it never came across just how much I would really love him and how that love would change my life. 

           I was standing under the shade of the tree in the backyard, sipping my glass of red wine when I saw him. He stood tall, at least six feet. Broad shoulders, full lips, eyes of deep ocean blue. Looking at the way the clothes on him fit, I could tell he was very muscular. The sleeves on his t-shirt strained against his round, firm biceps and gripped his abs like there was no tomorrow. Waves of thick dark blonde hair fell over his forehead. As if sensing my eyes on him, he turned to face me. His eyes stared into mine, pulling me into the deep, dark recesses of his soul. I felt like I was drowning and there was no life raft in sight to save me. I could not pull my gaze away from him. Nor did I want to. In his gaze, I lost all my strength and willpower. I was completely and utterly lost, nowhere to be found and well beyond saving. There was an ache in places I never even knew existed until I laid my eyes on him. Looking me up and down and smirking, he slowly and sexily walked over to me. His eyes never left mine as he moved his long strides ate up the ground and brought us closer together. It felt like hours had ticked by when in reality, it was just mere seconds.

           I brushed my long chocolate brown hair off my shoulders and took a deep drink of my wine, needing liquid courage to talk to him. 

           “What are you doing over here all alone? Shouldn't you be breaking all the men’s' hearts here? Or are you already taken?” His voice was smooth as honey and had a huskiness to it, making me wet myself. What a voice!

           “If you go to Brookes' grill outs often, you know she only invites single people, in hopes that they meet their future significant other. She loves playing matchmaker. That should tell you all you need to know,” I softly reply, letting my eyes rake up and down his body, taking all of him in with my deep brown eyes. 

           “Frankly, I'm surprised. I figured a beautiful woman like you would be taken already. However, their loss is every other man’s gain. And I feel like taking advantage of that. How would you like to sit down with me when we eat? I would love to talk to you more.” His eyes bored into mine, as if able to mind control me into saying yes. 

           “I don't know if I'm available. You might have to beat back all the men here fighting for my attention.” I giggled at my own joke and pulled up a lawn chair, making myself comfortable.  He followed suit, grabbing the one closest to him and pulling it over, his solid body mass filling it up easily. I pulled off my heels and crossed my ankles, getting relaxed as I can. 

           “Challenge accepted.” He winked at me, causing my heart to flutter and my stomach to drop in anticipation. He pulled my chair closer to him so he could fling his arm on the back of my chair, claiming his territory. 

           I gasped aloud, causing Brooke to look our way. As did everyone else. She laughed out loud and then had the audacity to wink at me, happy that the most devastatingly handsome man I had ever seen was paying attention to me. SHE PLANNED THIS!!! I was so going to get her back for this. I just didn't know how.

           “You never said what your name is, Love. I'm Brendan Huxley. I work with Brooke at the Law office. I just got newly promoted to Sr. Partner. She said her best friend, Alexis would be at the party. She talks about you nonstop, all good things though. I just had to come and meet this paragon of all women. I had to find out if the rumors were true,” he said, smiling mischievously. 

           “You caught me. I've been building my business for the last 3 years. I've known Brooke for most of my life. We met in kindergarten and have been inseparable ever since. I got out of a bad relationship a few months ago and she has been trying to set me up ever since. And I've dodged every one of them up until you. Why is that I wonder?” I finished drinking the last of my wine. Setting it aside, I got up to get another glass, tripping over a tree root in the ground I didn't see. Brendan caught me before I hit the ground, his powerful arms wrapping around my waist to keep me upright. 

           “Oh my gosh. Thank you. I can't believe I did that. I'm not usually this clumsy.” I brushed myself off, even though it was a wasted effort, seeing as how I never hit the ground. 

           “I have always loved saving damsels in distress,” he joked, grabbing another beer and bringing it over to me. I felt like such a fool. And in front of Brendan, it magnified the feeling. I felt my face flush deep red and turned it away so he wouldn't notice. 

           “I'm sure you do. And I'm also sure they throw themselves at you immediately after, charmed by your heroic personality. I bet you love that part, don't you!” I laughed congenially at him, enjoying our friendly banter.

           Soon, the food was ready and was plated on the picnic table for everyone to grab. Standing up, I grabbed a paper plate and walked around the table, grabbing a few things to eat. Brooke was really good at cooking. I picked a soft spot on the grass to eat, curling my legs at my side. I bit into a bite of the grilled barbeque chicken and moaned out loud as the flavors burst in my mouth. It caught everyone's attention. And I do mean EVERYONE! 

           I saw Brendan's sharp eyes cut to mine and stare me down, watching me eat my chicken and homemade pasta salad. Everything tasted wonderful. I saw his eyes lock on my lips, covered with sauce. His eyes darkened at the sight, and it was all I could do not to lick them clean. Instead, he did it for me. His lips locked onto mine, his tongue sucking the delectable sauce off my full parted lips. I moaned softly at the contact of his lips against mine. I don't normally kiss in front of people. I'm very shy about that. But something about this man. The way he kissed me. I wasn't even aware of the rest of the party watching us, Brooke smiling like a canary when she saw him devour my face. My arms found their way around his neck, and I pulled him closer, deepening the kiss. In doing so, I heard him moan into my mouth, pulling me into his lap so his hands can rove over my body. 

           Someone cleared their throat, catching our attention and breaking our kiss. I looked up to see Brooke standing over us, a wicked glint in her eyes and a smile on her face. She was happy about this. 

           “Brendan, I never knew you ate your dessert first before your meal. Oh, I had so hoped you two would click. I had a feeling about you guys. I was right!” She laughed, taking a pic of me on his lap with my arms around his neck, stunned. 

           “You do know I'm going to make you pay for this, right? This isn't over, Brookie!” I knew she hated being called that nickname and I did it just for jabs. 

           “Honestly, I'm just glad you are having fun with a guy. You're finally getting out of your own shell. It's about damn time, honey. I'm proud of you.” She pulled me up out of his lap and hugged me tightly. Then she whispered, “He's quite the hottie though. And he's not a womanizer like Jason was. He's a good man who makes a good living. You won't have to provide a living for him. And he's a gentleman too. You're safe with him. You know I wouldn't set you up with someone like Jason. Give him a chance. He's loyal to a fault, compassionate to other's feelings and makes his own living. He's very successful in his own right. Give love another chance.” Another hug and she left me to go sit with some of the other people. 

           I felt his large, gentle hand on my shoulder, pulling me back to him. “What did she say to you?”

           “She reminded me that you aren't my ex-husband, Jason. We were only married for a year before I divorced him, after catching him in between my sisters’ thighs. Not to mention he didn't work, and I had to support us both. Since then, I have been steering very clear of men. But for some reason, I feel the pull to you. I can't explain it. I feel as though we were supposed to meet. What comes next, I have no idea. I'm just along for the ride.” 

He gripped my hands in both of his and looked me directly in the eyes. “I'm not your ex. I can prove it to you if you give me a chance. I am very interested in getting to know you. Your kiss told me that much. There is something here between us. I can feel it and I know you can too. My heart races whenever you touch me.” With that, he pulled me up against his hard body, his hands finding their way to my hips and gripping my body firmly. Bending down to me, his lips brushed against mine ever so lightly at first, testing the waters. Then after a moment, he deepened the kiss, moaning my name lightly where we can hear but no one else can. 

           Pulling back, I looked him in the eyes, finding what I needed to see. I pulled him over to a private corner in the yard and threw all my hesitation away. I was going to go for broke. Brooke was right. I needed to let my emotions go and remove the wall around my heart. It was time to open up and give love a chance again. Who knows what would happen now? After making sure no one could see us, I pulled his arms around me again and kissed him like there was no tomorrow. I kissed him like I've never kissed another man. Pure passion and lust ran through my veins, heating up to a boiling point. And the feel of his hands on my ass made the temperature rise even more. I burned in places I shouldn't and ran my hands up and down his chest, feeling all of him. His hard, muscled abs of steel. His bulging biceps. Both moaning and caressing each other, we kissed and nipped at each other. My satin panties were drenched, and I felt a massive bulge in his slacks pressing against my core as he wrapped my legs around his waist. I groaned at the contact and to make things worse, I rubbed harder against him, stimulating my wet, hot pussy. 

           A guttural groan erupted from his mouth as I ground down on his massive cock. He gripped a handful of my hair and turned my head more to the side, deepening the kiss to a dangerous level and backing me up to the side of the house where I can feel the pressure of him against me even more. I was panting with a boiling want and burning with need. A need to feel him inside me, stretching me and....

           What the hell was I thinking to let it get this far? I couldn't very well have sex with him while everyone was here. I had to stop this here and now. I had let this get to far too fast. With a strength I didn't know I had, I gently pushed him a few steps back, catching my breath.

           “Did I do something wrong, love? I didn't mean to if I did. I just can't help myself with your kisses. And really, to be honest, I don't want to.” He kissed the tip of my nose and relaxed his body.

           “It wasn't you. I just realized we can't very well make love out here with everyone still in the backyard. Can we take a rain check until we're fully alone? And just for your information, I can't get enough of your kisses either. I have no clue what you did to me, but I love this feeling. I just don't want to get walked in on. And I don't want Brooke to know she was right about you just yet. This isn't over between us by a long shot. But if you're going to make me this wet, we really need to be at your place. She has a key to my house and doesn't bother knocking, if you know what I mean.” I panted, breathless, straightening my clothes and fixing my hair. 

           “If that's the case, we need to look like all we did is walk somewhere quiet to talk to each other privately. Nothing happened other than two people talking out of range of other people.” He fixed his slacks and shirt, coming over to help me fix my hair and my shirt. Once we both looked presentable, we walked back over to join the others at the picnic table. Bottles of wine were opened up, half empty on the table while everyone laughed and joked, enjoying the company around them. No one even noticed or at least paid attention to when we walked over.

           Brooke saw me and winked. She knew what we did. However, this time, she looked like she might actually keep quiet about it. She moved over to make room on the bench for both of us, his arm coming around my back to pull me close to his side. So, he was a tad bit possessive. I could go with that as long as he wasn't psycho about it. The rest of the evening, we spent at each other’s side, joking and laughing with the rest of them. We exchanged numbers at the end of the night, before we headed to our cars. Before we both left, he walked me over to my new Audi A5 Prestige that I bought last month with the earnings from my business. Car paid in full, I smiled at myself.

           “I'm going to do nothing but dream of you tonight. When can I see you again, Alexis? I have to see you. You make me feel incredible. I've never felt this with a woman before. And honestly, I'm loving it. I'm having a damn hard time keeping my hands off you right now. I'm struggling. It's all I can do to not drag you in my car, take you home and make love to you all night long. So, unless that's your goal, don't make this any harder on me than it already is.” He kissed my lips softly and backed away, waiting for a signal from me. A sign. Something to tell him we were on the same page.

           Against my better judgment, and I knew it might come back to bite me in the ass later, I agreed. I wanted him. I wanted every part of him.  It had been so long since I had let a man get inside me, in all ways. “Okay. I do want you. Text me your address and I can be there in an hour. I have something I need to take care of at home. And I need to get a change of clothes for work tomorrow.” I stuff my phone in my small purse and toss it in my car,

           “I'm glad you made that choice. I will leave the back door unlocked for you. Call me and let me know when you're on your way. I want to make sure you get back to me safely.” He opened my car door for me and once I was situated and buckled in, he kissed me hard before walking to his car. I groaned and started my car, driving towards home to grab a few things.

It was almost dark by the time I got to his large estate. So not only was he a great lawyer, but he had great taste in housing and land. It was an old Victorian style house with pillars of marble, a large fountain in the middle of the circular driveway and on the left side of the house was a massive eight car garage. Its doors were open, and I could see Brendan inside, tinkering with an antique Mercedes Benz. It looked to be mid nineteen-twenties if I guessed accurately. I cleared my throat, catching his attention and earning a seductive smile. 

January 25, 2022 02:24

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | Illustration — We made a writing app for you | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.