0 comments

Christmas Friendship Happy

Christmas Eve was here and I was walking around my town trying to think what I could get my little sister for Christmas. I was thinking of writing a letter to her.

After ten minutes later, I found a stationary shop. I decided to go in the shop since I thought they would have some holiday items in the shop. I went in the shop and saw that the shop was decorated and looked like it was ready for Christmas. The shop did not have that much customers but I did not mind since it was quiet and peaceful. I was looking through the shop when I spotted some books to read. I needed some new books to read so I was looking for one. I spotted one book that caught my attention. I thought the book might be interesting so I decided to borrow it. I continued to search for a card. After a few minutes later, I found a card and went to the register to pay for the item. I paid for the card and walked back home.

The weather was pretty cold outside but thankfully I got a coat. I was walking back home when I saw a restaurant. I decided to order some food for dinner since I did not feel like cooking today. I ordered some food and carried on my journey to my home. The snow was falling even more each step I took. It was so cold that I could see my own breath.

After reaching my home, I wrote a letter to my little sister and decided to mail it tomorrow since it was already getting dark. The sky was getting dark and the moon was starting to rise up. The cold breeze was filling up in the air and I started the fireplace to warm me up.

After starting the fire, I sat down on my couch and started to read my book. As I read the book and I felt a warm feeling of happiness and got transported to my childhood. The book was so interesting that I almost finished reading it in one sitting. I decided to make some hot chocolate. I got up and made some, while I was boiling some milk to make some. I saw some kids playing in the snow, I watched them make snow angels and snowmen. That moment reminded me of my bestfriend and I playing in the snow. We would always play together and had fun together. One day, he just left me without letting me know, I felt betrayed because we promised each other we would always stay by each other sides. But time has gone by and he has not contacted me ever since. Recalling those happy memories was the best thing and the worst too. I remembered how he would make me laugh and smile. "I don't even know if he remembers me." I said in a low tone. "Or maybe it was all a dream for him and I." I made myself a hot chocolate and went back to reading my book.

After reading the book, memories flooded through my brain. A single tear rolled down my cheeks as I thought about him. I missed him very much and hoped to see him again someday. I decided to go to bed so I went upstairs to change my clothes. I went to my bedroom and covered myself with my bed sheets and closed my eyes. I dreamt about my happy memories when I was a child, it was probably the best dream I had ever had in a while. All the memories were in different scenarios in my life. Some of them were happy and sad memories that I had. Everything that I dreamt was all in detail, I did not even think I remembered them but all of them replayed in my dream like a video of my past.

The morning came and I woke up from the bright sunlight on my face. I realized it was all a dream, I said to myself that if I had known this was a dream I would not want to wake up from it ever. I felt Christmas in the air, as I woke up and did my usual morning routine. I decided to celebrate Christmas morning by going to one of the most famous coffee shop in my town which sold special drinks on Christmas. I dressed up comfortably and put on a warm coat since it was usually cold here in the early mornings. I also put on my warm boots. I decided it would be a good idea if I also mailed my letter to my sister. I felt a like today was going to be a great day even though I did not know why. I wrote the my sister's address and put some stamps on it and mailed it to the nearest post office.

After mailing the letter to my sister, I went to the coffee shop and sat down on one of the chairs. I was deciding on what to have for breakfast when suddenly one of the waiters startled me by asking me if I wanted anything. I answered if there were anything that they would like to recommend me. The waiter looked at me and said that there was an Eggnog Latte, Gingerbread Latte, Honey and Almond Hot Chocolate and Peppermint Mocha. I replied that I wanted to try the Peppermint Mocha. He got my order with a smile which then reminded me of my bestfriend. I thought I was just hallucinating and probably missed my friend way too much. The waiter came back with my drink and I thanked him. I slowly sipped on my drink while scrolling through my phone. I decided to grab a few pastries to eat for breakfast since I was pretty hungry. I also had some guests over celebrate Christmas with me but it was only a few friends I had in this town. One of my friends said that she also wanted to invite one of her close friends with her to my small Christmas party. She said that we all could hang out together and chat together. I did not mind it since it would be great to meet new people. They were coming to my home after a few hours so I decided to go back home sooner so that I can get started on the holiday treats.

I walked back home and baked some cookies and made some food for my friends. I also decorated my house so that I can get into the spirits of Christmas. I waited for my friends to come over. After a few minutes, two of friends came over I gave them a hug and welcomed them. My other friend had not come yet so we decided to wait for her before the fun began. A few minutes passed, my friends and I were chatting about out lives when the door bell rang. I got up to get the door and to my surprise it was my old bestfriend and my friend. I greeted them both with a hug and my old bestfriend, Oliver said that he remembered me and said that he missed me very much. I was very happy when I met him and my friend told me how he always talked about me. The day went amazing and Oliver told me that he was the waiter at the coffee shop I went this morning. My friends and I talked all day and we all talked about our jobs and about our families and I was happy that I could get contact with my old bestfriend again.

November 19, 2021 06:30

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.