A story about a character in search of something or someone

Written in response to: Write a story about a character in search of something or someone.... view prompt

0 comments

Black Creative Nonfiction Sad

This story contains themes or mentions of mental health issues.

I was visually impaired (blind)from birth which was a pained to my parents . My parents had given bith to only me , when i told them to give me a sister , they said soon, and told me after they had properly taken care od me . My parents were the best gift on earth though I have never see them, I don't no if they were tall or short,fair or dark but they were the eyes I have, all I knew was that they really loved eachother, I turned eighteen and my parents celebrated it for me, i have a friend which have been beside me all the time though my friend had another friend who doesn't really like me but that was not my concern.

I have been at home since eighteen years old, I don't club or enjoy like my friends do , my friends just come home to explain how they enjoyed,I followed her out this Saturday evening , all I was hearing was sound of music and nothing more , my friend sat me down somewhere and not long I heard a voice beside me saying Hi , I said Hello, he asked what my name was and I said Stella, he said what a beautiful name given to such a beautiful girl , I smiled even without checking the mirror , I know myself I am beautiful , people had been complimenting about my beauty, I told him thank you and while discussing with him I heard a voice from the back saying she is blind , water came out of my eyes I knew it was my friend's friend , although I am going to tell him but I wasn't expecting it from her , I felt she is already beside me and the guy , I couldn't hold my tears and I started crying , was it my fault am given birth to visually impaired I said, why the embarrassment every time , did I offend you or what , the guy used his loving hands to clean my tears and sat beside me resting my head on his shoulder I felt relived and the girl said I said she is blind the guy replied now that I have no can you leave and stop adding to the problem , not long my friend came by knowing what is going on she came to beg me saying she is sorry for not being beside me .... Later we left for home....

I got home and couldn't find my parents I called them their number wasn't going , it's 9pm I haven't seen them what's wrong I haven't sleep without them being my side what's wrong , I keep calling them their both number isn't going , where could they have go , how can they leave me in this state not long I heard my mum voice saying she and my dad went to beach and water have taken dad , I couldn't stop crying we were both crying I asked if she had make report , she told me she have , we agreed to go and find her the second day.

When we get there the second day I sat down somewhere my mum went to meet people who said they will look for my dad , now I haven't see my mum for past hours , I am at the beach , I am cold , I don't want to make move, I kept shouting mum , mum it is 7pm I didn't see mum and no one was answering me until I heard a familiar voice saying Stella , it was the guy I met when I followed my friend out , I told him to please help me find my mum , he tried but couldn't see her , he searched and searched like he is looking for his own parents I, couldn't stop crying and he kept petting me saying he will always be by my side. We reported to the police in different stations and told some random guys to help us search for my mum but all to no avail , I am tired and I have cried and cried , my eyes are dried and they are tired of crying , he said he wont make me feel I don't have parents and I make him understand I have my mum is alife very soon she will come looking for me He took me to his home where he and his girlfriend live.....He and his girlfriend welcomed me with drinks and food, after then I have been seeing the sufferings of life after the guy had stepped out the girl will keep slapping me and beat me, I couldn't talk but one day I was forced to asked what my offence was she said I am having the attention she is supposed to be enjoying , I said I am sorry since then I started avoiding the guy in his own house even after that it is like a more suffering like hell , I didn't enjoy my self , I enjoy myself only if the guy is at home and I dare not tell him anything about it in her presence , I am very tired of this and I planned to move out and look for my mum the next day.

When I noticed no one was at home I move slowly outside the house, shouting in an anger voice mummy ,mummy while shouting I was crying and fell in a gutter people came surrounding me asking what's wrong I said mummy mummy , I don't no about her whereabout , then I heard a voice from the back coming nearer calling Stella Stella , it was a familiar voice obviously it was the guy I stayed with , he rescued me out of the gutter and said why did you leave the house I told him his girlfriend do beat,slap and starve me , he told me that I should let us go back to the house and that he will send her out and look for a maid to be helping me , do I know what the maid will do and I shout out I AM LOOKING FOR MUM

December 17, 2021 17:42

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.