Puppy's🐕💖 Love for Angela👧🏻

Submitted into Contest #92 in response to: Write a story set in a city where the power suddenly goes out, leaving everyone in darkness.... view prompt

3 comments

Bedtime Happy Kids

Once upon a time, there lived a little girl named Angela. She was very afraid of the dark. But she has a small pomeranian dog named Fluffy, who always cuddles her at night so she doesn't get scared of the dark. One day, she went to her friend, Violetta's house to study for the test. Then, they had some delicious food before Angela's mom came to pick her up and went to her aunt's house. Angela's aunt didn't know that Angela was afraid of the dark so, her aunt asked her to sleep for the night since it was Saturday. Angela said yes but asked her mom to get Fluffy over so that she can sleep peacefully without getting scared of the dark. So, her mom went home and brought Fluffy to her aunts' house. At that time, the power went out and Angela was so scared that she shivered with such fear. Her aunt was confused, for she didn't know that Angela was scared of the dark. So, she asked Angela to go to bed with Fluffy and she'll try to turn back on the power generator. Angela did what her aunt asked her to do so when she went upstairs to the bedroom and onto the bed, she immediately slept peacefully because she had Fluffy on her lap. Luckily, her aunt managed to turn the power generator back on. After that, Angela's mom went to bed, and Angela's aunt went to bed too. The next morning, Angela and her mom said their goodbyes and went home. Angela was ecstatic and very happy that the power generator in the city was back on and seeing everyone happy and energized, Angela was happy. When Angela and her mom reached home they were hungry and it was already lunchtime. So, Angela's mom left her at home with her dad and went to buy pizza for Angela as promised. Her mom came back home and prepared the pizza for everyone. Well, it sure was very yummy! Angela loved the pizza and also it was a cheese pizza by the way. Then suddenly, Fluffy came to the kitchen and Angela gave Fluffy a yummy lollipop. Fluffy loved it! Angela loved Fluffy very much. By the way, do you know how Angela got Fluffy? Let's find out now! It was a rainy day when Angela was at home and very scared of the thunder noises. Her mom didn't like Angela being scared. So, the next day her mom went to the pet shop and found Fluffy! She thought the little pomeranian dog was really cute so she bought it. When she returned home, she showed it to Angela and Angela loved it. Since Fluffy was very fluffy, Angela named it Fluffy. Angelas' mom loved the name and later in the evening, she went to the pet shop again to buy pet stuff for Fluffy and then, went to the candy shop to buy some lollipops for Fluffy. After that, she went back home and gave Fluffy one lollipop. Fluffy loves lollipops so much that it kept licking the lollipop until it was done eating! Then, after dinner, Angela went upstairs to her bedroom and saw Fluffy running up the stairs behind her! In her bedroom, Angela turned off the light but was very scared of the dark. Suddenly, She found Fluffy cuddling her laps and she found it very comfortable with Fluffy on her laps so, right after that she immediately fell asleep. The next morning, Angela found Fluffy sleeping beside her. Angela loved Fluffys' company. So, Fluffy always stayed in Angelas' shadow and never ever left her alone. But one day, Angela needs to go to school but Fluffy doesn't know that of course, Fluffy's a dog, not a human. So, before Angela went to her school, she waved goodbye to Fluffy. Fluffy was at home with Angelas' mom. But Angelas' mom was so kind to Fluffy that Fluffy helped her do some of the chores that it can do. In the afternoon, Angela came back and saw Fluffy standing at the window smiling at her through the windows of the car. One day, it was Angelas' birthday! And Angela didn't know that Fluffy was going to give her a surprise present. Fluffy spent the whole day working on the present. Finally, when it was time to celebrate Angelas' birthday. And at that time, Fluffy just finished making the present. Fluffy went to the birthday party and Angela rushed over to Fluffy and gave it a big warm hug to welcome Fluffy. Fluffy gave her the present that it was making all day and what do you it is? It's a beautiful doll. Angela loved it so much that she hugged Fluffy so tightly. Fluffy was so happy that it gave Angela a big smile on its face. One day, it was the school holiday! Angela and her family were packing their stuff for going to the beach. Angela was packing all her stuff and Fluffy was helping her packing its own clothes. The next morning, it was time to travel to Hawaii. They drove to the airport. After that, they went to buy some smoothies to drink while waiting for the airplane. Fluffy was very excited to go to Hawaii. When the airplane arrived, they boarded the airplane, put all their stuff in their places, and went to Hawaii. When they reached Hawaii, they booked a hotel and stayed there. In the afternoon, they went to the beach and played there until evening and it was time to go back to the hotel. That night they slept peacefully. After a week they said goodbye to Hawaii and went back home. They had a great time in Hawaii. Although tired, they were still very happy and joyful. They went to shower and immediately went to bed. All of them slept peacefully that night. And that's how Fluffy became a member of the Angelas' family. So, Angela and her family lived happily ever after with their most precious treasure, Fluffy. The end.

May 02, 2021 08:22

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

3 comments

Bonnie Clarkson
20:42 May 09, 2021

It sounded like a good story for a very young child. I liked the plot. Couple of suggestions. Add a blank line between paragraphs. It makes it more readable. Reedsy does not do tabs well. Try adding words the child might know, like red, brown, or bark. Keep writing.

Reply

Caymen Kho
02:16 May 10, 2021

Okay, thanks for the suggestions for the story 🤜🏻🤛🏻, I'll remember that😊.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Yee-Nah Lim
13:30 May 03, 2021

I love your story, you're awesome💕, Caymen.

Reply

Show 0 replies

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.