THE BEAUTY GOODNES & JOY IN SILENCE

Written in response to: Write a story including the line “I can’t say it.”... view prompt

0 comments

Contemporary Fiction Western

They say that action speaks more than words that many times we hear someone say " I can"t say it," What does that mean? Many people work and have hobbies that they made ihese hobbies to earn a living and their work will say what they want to say. take the case of a painter who uses his paint brush working inside his studio unwind silently painting what he sees in his mind or go to an open field and paint a landscape and that gift of silence is guiding him to finish his work. Any distraction might hinder the flow of beautiful scenery and colors to actualize them in his paintings. The same thing when people are trying to find a place where they can change their daily routine like a family outing which is even educational to their children. Visiting an aquarium where the underwater beauty is displayed inside big water tanks and silent admiration of the splashing colors of fishes swimming and the murmur of the waves is only heard. There's no room to make noise in this place only to go around and see what the fishes in different shapes and their habitat is seen. A place where you can not see it everyday a place to go if you want calmness and serenity. That is one of the nature's wonder that it can offer to humans. People also line-up in nature conservation areas. The same thing to unwind there boredom or hectic workloads. How about visiting the butterfly conservatory? Butterfly flying around with their different colors express what this insects represents to balance the ecosystem, which relates that their existence is about pollination. Yes, pollination. Do they say that their duty is to pollinate flowers? By visiting flowers they carry the pollen to every flower they visit hence the flower is pollinated. How many fruit trees are bearing fruits because of the silent work of these butterflies? This proves the main purpose of the butterfly which is an important task to maintain the ecosystem. butterfly to pollinate plants vegetables and trees. What good silence is also to workers? There are professionals who needs silence? Lawyers works to study their cases and what they do is to write what they need to say. if they don't work in silence there work in court will not be completed. silently they work in solitude. Doctor's attending to their patients during surgery don;t say a word when they are doing a procedure but concentrate in silence what they are doing. Can they say thing during the process of surgery? Nothing is heard. Noise may inferfere the flow of precise movements to complete the process. So here words are not needed inside the operating room. The same thing when there is a dental work. The patient is injected with anesthesia while the dentist will do the procedure of pulling a tooth. The dentist will not say a word until the tooth is pulled out. Sometimes people are push into a stressful situation when in this situation they need to talk but they can't. They are being taken advantage in this kind of situation as their brain cannot process what they hear right away. These situations may happen inside a bar when they go beyond the limit of drinking so their mind becomes unstable so will be subject into a fight. That's when they can no longer talk straight. In the end they become silent and the one who didn't talk and didn't drink pacified the drinkers. It is best not to involve oneself in drinking even the group has been drinking. Stay silent. Heated arguments are triggered when two people are aggressive while they want to raise an issue. Maybe this is about a debt that a person is asking to the debtor. The lender wants the money back to be paid right away but the debtor refuses to pay. A bystander may stop them to avoid a blown up scenario and to silenced them is to call the police. When the policeman arrives the two people stopped or exchanging words and silence takes place. Silence reduce their heightened tempers and the situation became under control. The role of the third person is to be a peacemaker. If people strive to be a peacemaker what a wonderful world would it be for people to live, Everyone should practice to be at peace to themselves. Why? Peace provides a genuine sense of solitude where there is no trouble nor worries at all. Silently a perrson enjoys peace being felt in his time of resting having a wonderful relaxing sleep. There is silence in praying. Many people go to church to pray in silence seeking guidance asking favor to the God Almiighty. The church is like an open house where everybody can get in enjoy the silence. What joy does it give when praying , reading their Bible or singing worship songs inside the church alone. Yes alone when there are no people to distract the kind of silence you wanted. The church which is an open space is conducive to rest to be away from the hustle and bustle of work, family and other pertinent matters. What you expect in the church is silence that no words is express. What should you do if you can't say a word? What would happen? In some instance it may become a blessing in disguise .or it become a disgrace. In a group discussion . one should prefer to be silent. She will act as an observer to record the proceedings especially when the topic is a sensitive one. Putting down a person destroys his reputation and he loses but putting up a person benefits all because he becomes a model to emulate. Silence plays a role in our society. Lonely people prefers to be alone. They could hardly say a word to express their feelings. This may lead to stress and depression having no control of their mind and emotion . Health care professional encourage people living alone to connect themselves to others . Widows and the elderly are the ones who are most affected by loneliness that's why there are helplines that are set up just in case these people wants to reach out. They must say a word that they can't say.

February 20, 2024 16:32

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.