0 comments

Romance

Before electronics, there were two pen pals, Alexis and Dylan. Alexis lives in a small village in the rolling hills of England, while Dylan resides in a bustling city in the United States. Despite the distance between them, they formed an unbreakable bond through their heartfelt letters. 

Their correspondence began when Alexis’ class participated in a pen pal program, and Dylan’s letter was randomly assigned to her. From the moment Alexis read Dylan's first letter, she knew they had a special connection. Dylan’s words were filled with kindness, humor, and understanding.

As the years went by, their letters became a lifeline for both. They would share their hopes, dreams, and fears, offering each other advice and support. Alexis would tell Dylan about her adventures in the countryside, describing the breathtaking landscapes, the friendly farm animals, and the cozy cottage where she lived. Dylan, in turn, would share stories about his city life, the towering skyscrapers, the bustling streets, and the diverse cultures he encountered.

Their letters were like windows into each other’s worlds, allowing them to experience new perspectives and broaden their horizons. They would exchange book recommendations, share their favorite recipes, and even send small gifts to each other. The joy they felt when receiving a letter from their pen pal was indescribable. 

As the years passed, Alexis and Dylan’s bond grew more assertive. They became each other’s confidants, sharing their deepest secrets and fears. They provided a shoulder to lean on during tough times, offering words of encouragement and support. They celebrated each other’s successes, whether it was Alexis winning an art contest or Dylan getting accepted into his dream college. 

Despite never meeting face-to-face, Alexis and Dylan knew they had a friendship that would last a lifetime. They often daydreamed about the day they would finally meet in person. They imagined exploring the beautiful countryside together, visiting famous landmarks, and creating memories that would be cherished forever. 

Finally, the day arrived when Dylans’s family planned a trip to Europe, and they decided to include a visit to Alexis’ village. The anticipation was overwhelming for both of them. They counted down the days, exchanging excited letters filled with plans and ideas. 

When the long-awaited day arrived, Alexis stood at the train station, anxiously waiting for Dylan’s arrival. As the train pulled in, she spotted Dylan, a familiar face in a sea of people. They ran towards each other, embracing in a warm and joyful hug. It was a moment of pure happiness and fulfillment. 

During Dylan’s visit, they explored the enchanting village together, walking hand in hand through the cobblestone streets. They visited the charming local shops, tried traditional English tea and scones, and even took a hike in the rolling hills. 

Every moment was filled with laughter, adventure, and a deep sense of connection. Alexis and Dylan realized that their friendship was even more magical in person than it had been through their letters. They were truly kindred spirits, and their bond grew stronger with every passing day. 

As Dylan’s departure date approached, they both felt a mix of sadness and gratitude. Saying goodbye was difficult, but they knew that their friendship would endure, no matter the distance. They promised to continue writing letters and to stay connected through the power of technology. 

And so, Alexis and Dylan continued their pen pal journey, with the memories of their meeting forever in their hearts. They shared their life experiences, supported each other through ups and downs, and celebrated milestones together. Their friendship was a testament to the power of connection, showing that true friendship knows no boundaries, be it distance or time. 

Their friendship grew stronger with each passing day, proving that distance couldn't weaken their bond. They even made plans to meet again in the future, creating new memories to cherish. 

So, Alexis and Dyland continued their pen pal adventures, exchanging heartfelt letters filled with longing and affection. They couldn’t shake the feeling that their connection was something truly special, something that had the potential to grow into something more. 

After much anticipation, they finally decided to take a leap of faith and plan another meeting. They chose a romantic destination, a cozy cabin nestled in the mountains. The moment they laid eyes on each other again, it was as if time stood still. Their hearts beat faster, and a sense of excitement filled the air. 

During their time together, they explored nature, went on long walks, and shared intimate conversations under the starry night sky. The more they got to know each other in person, the more they realized how deeply they cared for one another. 

As the days turned into nights, their friendship blossomed into something more. They couldn’t deny the strong bond they had formed over time. It was a beautiful realization, and they embraced it with open hearts. 

They decide to start being together as they both went to the same college, Oxford. As they were calling each other while opening their acceptance letters. She moved to London. As they continued their days in Oxford they regularly met each other. They soon decided to start living together and started to look for an apartment. With their parent's savings, they were able to afford a nice regular apartment. But, soon things turned to the worst. Dylan had started to be acting different and cold to Alexis. Alexis was skeptical but had to trust Dylan. She finally had gotten the courage to ask him about it. But Dylan had completely shut her out. Alexis got furious and yelled at him. But then Dylan out of nowhere had proposed to her! She was confused and lost. He told her he had been acting like this because he was so busy trying to plan everything for the proposal and things that go with it. She couldn't believe it and was absolutely embarrassed for herself. She and Dylan decided that they were gonna have a staged proposal so all his efforts dont go to waste. When it happened it was in a beautiful garden in Cuba with both families. They got married the next summer and had two kids.

September 23, 2023 19:36

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.