0 comments

Drama Romance

This story contains sensitive content

TW: This story contains sexual content.

***

The third-period bell rang. I was about to put my books away, but Zyan quickly intervened. 

“Hey, you want to go out with me tonight?” Zyan asked as he leaned on my locker.

“No, but can you please move? I need to get to science,” I answered.

“C’mon, just this once,” Zyan said.

“No, now can you move?” I sighed.

“I’m not budging until you say yes.” Zyan looked down at me like I was his pet, ordering it to sit.

“Ugh, fine!” I groaned. “I’m going to be late for our next period, please just move!”

“Okay, okay,” Zyan said. Then he winked at me. “See you later tonight, we’ll meet up at the park and I’ll take it from there.”

“Yeah, yeah,” I said rolling my eyes.

He walked off with a grin on his face.

***

Later that night, I was in Zyan’s expensive car.

“Where are we going?” I asked.

“A sushi restaurant,” he answered.

“Uhh, all right,” I said.

Zyan pulled into a parking lot. “We’re here,” he said while getting out of his car.

I began to get out, but Zyan opened the door first.

Then he opened the door to the restaurant. “After you,” he winked.

“Thanks,” I reply.

We were seated at a table and handed a menu. I read over it but notice something.

“Zyan,” I said, “are we at the wrong place? Everything is so expensive here.”

“What do you mean? Nothing’s wrong. Just get whatever you want,” Zyan said.

“But-“ I started, though our waiter just arrived.

“What would you and your girlfriend like Mr. Wood?” he said.

“Oh no, we’re just friends,” I corrected.

Zyan frowned a little but went on. “We’ll take one of everything tonight,” 

“All right, Mr. Wood,” the waiter said.

“Mr. Wood?” I asked.

“Yeah?” Zyan said.

“Are you…” I trailed off, speechless. I never knew he was the son of a billionaire couple.

“What?” he said, looking puzzled.

“Never mind, but don’t you think you order a little too much food?” I said.

“No,” Zyan shrugged.

He doesn’t know how good he has it, I thought, he just goes ahead and orders everything on the menu, probably not going to finish it all. But while we eat, there are starving people out there.

The food gets here on fancy plates. When we were eating, I noticed Zyan not touching much of the food.

“Here,” I said, holding up a roll, “try this,” 

“Nah, I’m good, you have it,” he said looking at me.

I reluctantly put part of the roll in my mouth, about to take a bite, but then Zyan quickly bit the part that hasn’t gone into my mouth.

I stare at him, stunned, as he eats half of the roll he took from me.

When we were full, Zyan told the waiter to box everything up.

“Are you going to eat the rest?” I asked.

He shrugged. “Probably not. Why? You want it?”

“No, just asking...” I whisper, looking down.

“But, later I’m going to give it to people who don’t get to eat this stuff,” Zyan said.

I looked at him. Maybe he wasn’t such a bad guy after all. No. I shook my head.

He just plays with girls and gets them to sleep with him. He probably does this to all of those other unfortunate girls.

When we exited the restaurant, I wanted to do downtown to see all the little Mom & Pop shops, especially with all those little twinkly lights on.

As we were walking, I complained that my feet were hurting because of the heels. So Zyan gave me a piggyback ride.

We both laughed and had a really good time, though I don't want to admit it.

But then I sit down on a bench and look at the floor.

“Why?” I muttered.

Zyan sat down next to me. “Why what?”

“Why are you doing all this," I waved my hand to the busy street filled with tourists, "for me?” I asked, tears stinging my eyes. That kills the mood. Zyan goes quiet.

“Are trying to play with me?” I cried.

“No!” Zyan said. This was the first time I saw Zyan this emotional.

“Then for what reason?” I demanded. “I don’t want to be one of your toys.”

“It's not like that!” Zyan said.

“Then why?” I repeated.

“Well…” he said, “I like you. It's as simple as that...” He looks at me with a crooked smile.

I sat there, silent. “Well, I’m going to go home now. See you tomorrow.” I said.

“Let me take you home then,” Zyan replies.

***

High school, it’s not the brightest place, but at least I have a dorm - plus no parents. 

I peeked through the door; nope, no roommate, again. 

My roommate is rarely here. She usually goes to parties and stays with her boyfriend in his dorm, but I’m fine with it. I get more alone time and no one to bother me.

“Well, this is my stop. Thanks for taking me to my dorm,” I said to Zyan.

“Uh, yeah, no problem.” He seemed a little distracted now.

“Hey, you okay?” I asked.

Zyan seemed to snap back to reality. “Huh? Oh, yeah, sorry about that,”

“Oh, ok,” I said.

There was a moment of silence. I was waiting for Zyan to leave, but I guess he was thinking of something else.

Then he did something that surprised me the most that night. Zyan kissed me passionately. 

He pinned me down onto my bed. I wanted to push him away, but I couldn’t. For some reason, my body didn’t want to push him away. My body now did things on its own. I let out a soft moan as Zyan kissed my neck. He tugged on my bra and I suddenly felt a surge of confidence…

***

I lay in Zyan’s arms. I looked at him with annoyance. I saw a smile tugging at his lips.

“What!” I barked.

He tries not to smile but then bursts out laughing.

“You’re really cute when your mad,” Zyan said.

I blush but tried my best to look annoyed.

“Yeah, well, you just like to tease and bully me,” I fumed.

Zyan grinned. “How do I bully you? You’re just cute!”

I flushed and turned my head so he couldn't see me.

“Your such a flirt,” I mutter, then I smile to myself, “but I like it.”

“Huh?” said Zyan 

“Nothing, never mind,” I said quickly.

“Just kidding, I heard every word you said. I know you like me,” he chuckled.

“No, I don’t!” I snapped. “Just-just go away!”

“Ha, you stuttered! We both know it’s true. You can’t hide it.”

I turned my head to see his face, but before I could react, he grabbed my chin and did a quick peck on the lips. He pulled back and smiled.

“Wh-what? huh?” I said blankly.

Then Zyan pulled me into a hug. I lay there staring into space. Then I snuggled him in his embrace.

“Fine, I’ll admit it, I do like you,” I said bitterly, not wanting to admit it at all. 

Zyan hugged me tighter. “I knew it, but you already know that I like you,”

I smiled. “I know, I’m glad.”

We broke apart and I looked at him. He leaned closer to me and kissed me.

“I’ll always love you," Zyan whispered. "No matter what...”

August 29, 2022 22:37

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.