0 comments

General

walking down the highway I could always think that if that man can be able to be an engineer, I too can be one. Climbing the ladder needs so much confidence, believing that you can make it to the top of the ladder.

Step by step as I climbed the ladder, missing a step and founding myself flat on the ground. Groaning in pain remaining with bruises due to the hard fall, but that did not stop me as I tried to climb the ladder over and over, until I made it on top.

In this world, no one is an expert in everything you need to take that risk and do it. If you let fear rule you, it will definitely rule you and you will be in prison of fear. To be a better person, you have to try new skills and hobbies.

Being a carpenter, I could always think that the hammer, that nail, the saw, the drill will reach onto my hand. "But why do I fear?

I couldn't understand myself as I sat down and looked at my friend, climbing the ladder to a successful businessman, while am stagnant. Life is a matter of risk taking, what one is not good in can turn out to be good. As I said no one was born an expert, but you have to learn new skills to be more expert.

My name is TJ, oh! you might be wondering what in full means but it is Thomas Johnson. I would say my life was always given to me in silver plate and spoon. I was like an egg, never. faced the challenges of life. What I needed, was given to me.

The storm hit me so hard when my family died, and all was left was my own reflection on the mirror. I sat under an olive tree, lots of questions that kept on mingling around my mind. I couldn't see ahead but what I saw was darkness all over my eyes

I remained hopeless, but wait a minute did I say hopeless? There are jobs outside there, even though others intimidate me. After a long time, I was able to bring that big smile onto my face as I headed to my friend Matthew.

Matthew has a workshop and he is a carpenter, lots of people were in his workshop to the brim. "Wow! he is doing great".

I sat outside on a bench, "maybe Matthew can teach me to be a carpenter. "Thoughts drove me away that I rarely recognized that I was being called by Matthew. Tapping my shoulders as I got off from my day dreaming world.

"What's up! Man? Matthew asked

My tongue stuck that even a single word couldn't come out, "is this me TJ?

"My brother, can you please give me a lesson to be a carpenter like you? TJ asked.

Matthew clapped his hands in excitement, "wow! You want to learn to be a carpenter? Well then follow me TJ". I couldn't waste a moment of time as i was right behind Matthew, ready to learn some new skills.

Lifting up the hammer so excited as i hit the nail into the wood. The excitement turned into crying of pain.

Ouch! groaning in pain after being hit with the hammer on my fingers than hitting the wood.

"Be careful man, you don't want to loose your fingers, "said Matthew *

"Man, this work is so hard, "I answered as I held up my swollen fingers*

Matthew stared at me through my eyes and all he could do was to encourage me, to continue until i reached on top of the ladder. Me as TJ was not fond of carpentry and it was never my line of skills but there was no any other choice but to learn it anyway. Scars of injuries were left on me, but didn't stop.

Today I can confirm that am a professional carpenter in the city of Georgia with many workshops all over the town. I never gave up, challenges in trying new skills but i pressed on to the end.

I am TJ and have achieved from learning new skills.


Copyright by Joan Opoyi





November 14, 2019 14:44

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.